Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Blaming Skinner is the easy choice but the oilers are just a shitty defensive team who constantly give up odd man rushes and high danger chances
The 1st goal and 5th goal are good examples. Of this.

Oiler fans should watch the nucks and see what a top 3 defence looks like

The Oilers were 5th in the league in total shots against, 4th in the league in High-Danger Chances Against and 7th in the league in High Danger Shots Against. Ahead of the Nucks in all of those categories.

I tend to agree that their blunders tend to be major when they happen (at least to my goalie-defending eye test), but the stats certainly don't support your or my assumption there. Worth noting the Oilers goalies were bottom third in HDSV%.

Both the Fiala and Doughty goals were pretty weak IMO, all he needed in both cases was a sealed butterfly and some patience (react only when required)... those were the definition of "leaky" and I'd have "wanted those back" playing in my beer league.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
Both goalies are channeling their inner Mike Smith right now.

Particularly didn't like the Smithesque lunge when (???) rang the bar in the third period, makes me feel like Skinner isn't reading the play or has any confidence in his positioning. He was throwing himself across awkwardly, much like Smith would do at this worst (and best, he was f***ing erratic that man!)

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Edmonton has controlled like 90 percent of play . The difference is the kings capitalize on every amd any opportunity
Bounces are going the kings way. Skinner is playing brutal, the lowest scoring offense team in the playoffs had put up 9b in 2 games. That's frightening to say the least.

If Edmonton can't get average tending at best the will be lucky to get out of the first round

But u wouldn't think the kings will continue to benefit from bounces in a 7 game series

Mar 26, 2010
The kings will win the next 2 at home and close the series out in 6.

Oilers D and goaltending are terrible.

• Haha
Reactions: soothsayer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad