Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
They’re playing a 7th seed. Look at the conference standings.

The Oilers being a 5th seed doesn’t change the fact they’re playing a 7th seed. It’s a favourable matchup for them.

They should be playing Colorado on the road in a 1-8 format. Vegas’ cheating tactics helped them this year because it took them out of the Pacific bracket.
Since Conference standings and “1-8 format” are completely irrelevant, your posts serve absolutely nothing apart from trolling Oiler fans.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Since Conference standings and “1-8 format” are completely irrelevant, your posts serve absolutely nothing apart from trolling Oiler fans.

They're not irrelevant. In equal divisions they exist.

The entire East is 1-8.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Out of the six Oilers goals scored against a goalie McDavid was on ice for all of them, had a "3rd assist" for the lone goal he didn't get credited for. I think Hyman was there for all six as well. In other words, no secondary scoring at all. How do we see Oilers depth scoring going forward? Were they just unlucky and will they rebound G2?

McDavid vs. LA:

1713902064393.png

Special teams/goaltending sunk LA in game 1, will be interesting to see if they can adjust for game 2

could change "game 1" to "series 1 and 2" and "game2" to "series 3 but hahahaha they wont'"

I don't know what point @Divine is trying to make. That some teams get to play weaker teams?

He's just been following LA from board to board over the last few weeks making hundreds of posts about how terrible they are and no one really humors him because we agree so he just posts more, it's really bizarre. Lost a bet or something maybe.

Reactions: Three On Zero

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Anyway, you guys are trying to twist this into some Leafs thing - I don't know what this has to do with that.

Edmonton benefitted from the new playoff format. Take advantage of it. If you guys would prefer to play Colorado on the road instead - then maybe you prefer a 1-8.

If your team has aspirations of winning the Cup, you have to beat them anyways. Getting to the 2nd round isn't the end goal for Edmonton.

Oh, it makes sense now why you're here :oops:

Good luck to the Leafs

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Anyway, you guys are trying to twist this into some Leafs thing - I don't know what this has to do with that.

Edmonton benefitted from the new playoff format. Take advantage of it. If you guys would prefer to play Colorado on the road instead - then maybe you prefer a 1-8.
Yes, the “new” playoff format that is 10 years old.

Jesus Christ. 🙄

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If your team has aspirations of winning the Cup, you have to beat them anyways. Getting to the 2nd round isn't the end goal for Edmonton.

Oh, it makes sense now why you're here :oops:

Good luck to the Leafs

Can't win the Cup if you can't get to the second round though. Don't think there's a lineup to get to play Colorado in the 1st round though.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It is not how playoff formatting works. Therefore, it is completely irrelevant.

And that's to the benefit of the Oilers. An unequal playoff format will benefit some teams and hurt others.

That's why the players, including Crosby, have been very vocal against it.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
And last year it was to the benefit of the Leafs and you didn’t say a word about it.

You have only one motive here. Nothing could be more obvious than that

I was complaining about it last year also, and the year before.

What do you mean I didn't say anything about it last year? That's a complete lie.

The Leafs should have been playing the Rangers over Tampa last year, which is the matchup I actually preferred.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I was complaining about it last year also, and the year before.

What do you mean I didn't say anything about it last year? That's a complete lie.

The Leafs should have been playing the Rangers over Tampa, which is the matchup I actually preferred.
You were complaining about the 1-8 conference format during the COVID year?

I’m going to call BS on that one.

This is only another post in so many from your fan base about the Oilers somehow getting a “free pass”. It’s trolling, plain as day.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You were complaining about the 1-8 conference format during the COVID year?

I’m going to call BS on that one.

Yes, I was. 1-8 didn't make sense in a Covid year though with 4 teams but the premise of a fair matchup holds true.

Go look at my posts. I don't change my views based on an easier matchup.

I think the regular season should have value. You play for home ice and easier matchups. In this format, the 2 seed can play the 3 seed on the road while the 7th seed can play the 8th seed at home. I will never be in favour of that format.

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Yes, I was. 1-8 didn't make sense in a Covid year though with 4 teams but the premise of a fair matchup holds true.

Go look at my posts. I don't change my views based on an easier matchup.

I think the regular season should have value. You play for home ice and easier matchups. In this format, the 2 seed can play the 3 seed on the road while the 7th seed can play the 8th seed at home. I will never be in favour of that format.
There. Is. No. Conference. Formatting.

How many times do you have to have this explained to you?

Reactions: Infamousprime

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
There. Is. No. Conference. Formatting.

How many times do you have to have this explained to you?

Explain it to Crosby too.

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Explain it to Crosby too.

I don’t know Sidney Crosby personally, so it’s tough for me to explain anything to him.

I’m sure it’s way easier for Eastern teams who can be home in an hour or two and stay on the same time zone to “prefer it a little more” than the Western teams who have way, way more travel and can cross a couple of time zones.

Divisional play helps to mitigate the travel disadvantage of Western teams. That was the motivation behind the change. How are you missing this ?

Reactions: mcdingdong

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Go start a thread to whine about playoff formatting. :rolleyes:

Lots of them already exist.

Anyway - like I said, the Oilers should take advantage of their easier matchup under this new system.

I'll leave it at that. No reason to get worked up about it.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Lots of them already exist.

Anyway - like I said, the Oilers should take advantage of their easier matchup under this new system.

I'll leave it at that. No reason to get worked up about it.
You're the one replying 50 times. Maybe go touch grass instead of working yourself into a frenzy. :laugh:

Go post in those threads if you feel so passionately. No one here cares.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
He seems to be on some weird mission to spread that word that Edmonton has this magical easy path to the finals.
That's great! Imagine being jealous of that. CAUSE I CAN.

He's just been following LA from board to board over the last few weeks making hundreds of posts about how terrible they are and no one really humors him because we agree so he just posts more, it's really bizarre. Lost a bet or something maybe.
So he's attacking BOTH teams in this series?

3e6aa793-fe48-4460-b9b0-db4c845cc176_text.gif

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
That's great! Imagine being jealous of that. CAUSE I CAN.

So he's attacking BOTH teams in this series?

3e6aa793-fe48-4460-b9b0-db4c845cc176_text.gif

I'm an LA fan - have been forever. They've been in my profile forever. Most LA fans I know don't want to play Edmonton.

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad