Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Some pretty weak ass calls all night.

Let em' play.

Agree, it was very inconsistent... but on our first power play I think the refs felt bad for making that call (it was pretty weak) and then decided not to call any of the three guys who got unprovoked shots in on Nuge, even knocking his helmet off. Nuge can be known to dig in and battle in front but all he did was stand there and take it... he was definitely turning the cheek there to draw a 5-3... no dice.

So poor initial call and then you got away with one... seems to be how the game is managed these days.

We also had Nurse and Ceci out there for you to make it interesting at the end... you're welcome.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
McDavid has definitely been their best player despite Draisaitl's play. But the idea that the Oilers are a one line team is just not true. adding Henrique has allowed Nuge to play with Draisaitl. Combine those two with Foegele, who has suddenly found his goal scoring touch and you have a well balance second line. The third line is McLeod, Perry and Kane. They might not score a lot but they can certainly cause a lot of chaos.

Wasn't it Holloway with Perry and McLeod? Kane with Carrick and Janmark? I suppose they were shuffling a bit.

Anyway, it is nice to finally have some semblance of NHL-level depth. Will be interesting to see if Ryan or Brown draw in at some point.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
I get that, but I also don't think Oiler fans are really talking shit for winning either.
I know I'm not.

We blew up the Flames 2 years ago and we were like a pig in shit with the chirps lol
It’s more like any chirp you guys could make would be something that we agree with and has already been said on our board.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
There is literally no heat between Kings and Oiler fans in this thread.
Like I said previously, the fanbase is tired of facing each other and we don't even have bad blood.
YARN | That is the sound of inevitability. | The Matrix | Video gifs by  quotes | a778a0e7 | 紗

I will say, I think after all those years of facing Dallas...we know that score.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Wasn't it Holloway with Perry and McLeod? Kane with Carrick and Janmark? I suppose they were shuffling a bit.

Anyway, it is nice to finally have some semblance of NHL-level depth. Will be interesting to see if Ryan or Brown draw in at some point.
Last night as a threesome Kane/McLeod/Perry played 12:37 as a line 5 vs 5. Holloway played just a little over a minute with McLeod and Perry. Holloway primarily played with Janmark and Carrick., around 7 minutes of his roughly 9 5 vs 5 minutes. That said I have no doubt there will be a fair bit of shuffling going forward.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The worst part for LA was how bad they were defensively. Giving up so many passes through the high danger area & tap-ins right around their crease.
Mikey Anderson was especially bad. I would move Gavrikov up to play with Doughty. That top pairing needs to be as good as it can be against the Oilers' top line.
I would think they go back to Talbot again give him a chance to rebound.
That's what I expect. I doubt that Hiller wants to throw Talbot under the bus for a team collapse and signal panic after only one game. I won't be surprised if Rittich starts Game 3 if Game 2 is anything like Game 1, though.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Holloway only ended up playing like 2 shifts with Perry and McLeod, the rest was with Carrick and Janmark. It was Kane-McLeod-Perry for most of the game.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
There's no heat because it's not a competitive series.
It’s more like any chirp you guys could make would be something that we agree with and has already been said on our board.
Ahh even if it was competitive, which it definitely still can be... I don't hate the Kings fans on this board.
I already said earlier in the thread, may the best team win lol

Reactions: kingsholygrail

snag

Feb 22, 2014
It's still early... someone is going to do something dirty (my money on Danault) and then we'll all remember how much we hate playing each other.

I am just waiting for Perry to be what we all hated for so long so we can have a turn at loving him...

Last edited:

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Mikey Anderson was especially bad. I would move Gavrikov up to play with Doughty. That top pairing needs to be as good as it can be against the Oilers' top line.

That's what I expect. I doubt that Hiller wants to throw Talbot under the bus for a team collapse and signal panic after only one game. I won't be surprised if Rittich starts Game 3 if Game 2 is anything like Game 1, though.
These are good ideas, however, the people running our team are assholes.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad