Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Hyman scored a hattrick but it doesn’t matter because he comes from privilege so it should actually only count as 1.5 goals.

He also a writer for children and wed to a lawyer so I think its fair to round it up at 0.75 goal

The audacity.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

archangel2

May 19, 2019
This is such a smart idea, just shut down Mcdavid. I can’t believe nobody has thought of that before.

last couple of playoffs IT DID HAPPEN. So people have thought about it and found a way to do it. Oilers only played 12 games last playoffs and 16 the one before. good teams will find away to do it

So they just need to shut down Mcdavid and score 4 goals.

📝
how many cup finals has Mcdavid been to? ZERO. There is a reason for it

Not in the playoffs, where McDavid has arguably only been their 2nd best player over the last years.
as stated previously--no cup finals and the trouble started when teams shutdown McDavid

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
last couple of playoffs IT DID HAPPEN. So people have thought about it and found a way to do it. Oilers only played 12 games last playoffs and 16 the one before. good teams will find away to do it

as stated previously--no cup finals and the trouble started when teams shutdown McDavid

Yes, good teams can shut down great players. Boston in their prime pretty much shut out prime Crosby and Malkin...they had like 1 point between them and got swept.

McDavid is putting up video game numbers on a yearly basis though and his comparisons are to Gretzky and Lemieux.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

No teams have shut down McDavid in the playoffs.

He scored 10 points in 6 games against Vegas. Colorado slowed him down mildly, but he still scored 7 points in the 4 game series. Both of those series' were lost due to depth scoring being nonexistent, and the other teams destroying the Oilers middle six. The Vegas series only saw 2 Oilers score more than 2 goals in the series, and only 8 different goal scorers. The Oilers top 5 guys all had at least 7 points in that series, but only one other had 3, and 9 guys had 0 or 1 point in the series. The Colorado series also only saw 7 different Oilers score goals, and only three (McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse) scored more than 3 points over the series.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV

He scored 10 points in 6 games against Vegas. Colorado slowed him down mildly, but he still scored 7 points in the 4 game series. Both of those series' were lost due to depth scoring being nonexistent, and the other teams destroying the Oilers middle six. The Vegas series only saw 2 Oilers score more than 2 goals in the series, and only 8 different goal scorers. The Oilers top 5 guys all had at least 7 points in that series, but only one other had 3, and 9 guys had 0 or 1 point in the series. The Colorado series also only saw 7 different Oilers score goals, and only three (McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse) scored more than 3 points over the series.
Don't bother. The same people will close their eyes and ears if you ask "Does that mean Mackinnon played defense when Avs won the cup?"

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017

Some people are under the impression that keeping him to under 2 points per game means shutting him down ;)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Might as well end the series now if Make a Save, Dave gets the net. The Oilers pretty much derailed his career and taught him an important life lesson after he did the stick flip.
They did.. and then he made one hell of a comeback this season! Back to his all star self. .921 and LA was in big trouble when he finally got a game.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton

80 points in 50 playoff games McDavid? Yes, he is def the reason the Oilers never made it the SCF...

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
There is literally no heat between Kings and Oiler fans in this thread.
Like I said previously, the fanbase is tired of facing each other and we don't even have bad blood.
I'm sure things would be a bit spicier if Kings fans actually liked their team and thought they had a good chance of winning the series. Not much to fight about when the games aren't competitive.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I'm sure things would be a bit spicier if Kings fans actually liked their team and thought they had a good chance of winning the series. Not much to fight about when the games aren't competitive.
I get that, but I also don't think Oiler fans are really talking shit for winning either.
I know I'm not.

We blew up the Flames 2 years ago and we were like a pig in shit with the chirps lol

millax

Dec 24, 2005
With the Bakersfield Condors playing the Ontario Reign - I am curious how often two NHL teams have been in a playoffs series against each other at the same time as their AHL affiliates also playing each other in the playoffs.

Leads to some interesting scenarios with players playing an AHL playoff game and then getting called up to play in the NHL against the same franchise.

Reactions: zar

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Quoted for effect

Perfectly said BB

I would think they go back to Talbot again give him a chance to rebound.
This is where Big Save Dave shines. Coming in for 1 game. And then he loses his powers again.
The smart move would be Rittich in game 2 and then Talbot in Game 3

Darth Vader describes Talbot better than anyone

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBrown

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Wasn't able to stay up late for this one, just seen the highlights. God I love Zach Hyman so much, so happy he's working out for you guys. Great IQ even better work ethic. If the Oilers can get .910 goaltending these playoffs, I think they go all the way.
I don't blame you. I'm an Oilers fan and living in Edmonton. After putting the newborn and toddler to sleep. I fell asleep with 10 mins left

Reactions: AvroArrow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad