Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Dallas leads 3-2)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.3%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 168 31.9%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 134 25.4%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.8%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 58 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Vegas, you blew it, you could've played an easier team against the Oilers, but you lost to the freakin' Ducks of all squads to play against a very well-oiled machine. Their losing streak towards the end does not give me a lot of confidence, especially since Hill hasn't been the same since returning from injury akin to Woll. I am not counting out the Knights because I could totally see them winning this series, but I have the Stars winning in six games. Dallas' depth seems too good at the moment for Vegas to try and defend against and the sloppiness of Vegas from the games I watched is a recipe for doom. I do think we are seeing the Cup-winning condensed off-season finally come up and catch Vegas because it does not outrun anyone - Lightning was able to make the finals three years in a row due to the shortened COVID seasons (full believer in that).

There are too many unknowns that are affecting Vegas while you have the Stars who know who's their starting goaler, they know their shutdown defensive pair, and they know the lines they will need to roll. When you already found the chemistry and puzzle pieces to get home ice for the Western Conference, then there are very few questions that need to be asked since everyone knows their job and their role. I can see Vegas suffering from a lot of shuffling around to find some chemistry or something to work against the Stars well-structured team.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
A lot of the vitriol from last season, especially during the WCF, was from his own fanbase.......and I'm willing to bet Vegas is going to pull out all the stops to try and set him off again this year.

Hopefully it doesn't work.
Why would we do that the games we lost were the ones he didn't play :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Interested in seeing how much push back Vegas can give this year, should be fun to watch

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Couldn’t be happier with how this worked out for the league, either the defending champs or one of the best, most well rounded teams in the league going out first round. Dallas this is what you get for having such a great season, a first round matchup with the cup champs and a 100M roster.

Reactions: Summer Rose

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Vegas, you blew it, you could've played an easier team against the Oilers, but you lost to the freakin' Ducks of all squads to play against a very well-oiled machine. Their losing streak towards the end does not give me a lot of confidence, especially since Hill hasn't been the same since returning from injury akin to Woll. I am not counting out the Knights because I could totally see them winning this series, but I have the Stars winning in six games. Dallas' depth seems too good at the moment for Vegas to try and defend against and the sloppiness of Vegas from the games I watched is a recipe for doom. I do think we are seeing the Cup-winning condensed off-season finally come up and catch Vegas because it does not outrun anyone - Lightning was able to make the finals three years in a row due to the shortened COVID seasons (full believer in that).

There are too many unknowns that are affecting Vegas while you have the Stars who know who's their starting goaler, they know their shutdown defensive pair, and they know the lines they will need to roll. When you already found the chemistry and puzzle pieces to get home ice for the Western Conference, then there are very few questions that need to be asked since everyone knows their job and their role. I can see Vegas suffering from a lot of shuffling around to find some chemistry or something to work against the Stars well-structured team.

I don’t think the Golden Knights were overly enthused with facing an Oilers squad looking for revenge from last season . An extra motivated McDavid would be terrifying to face.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don’t think the Golden Knights were overly enthused with facing an Oilers squad looking for revenge from last season . An extra motivated McDavid would be terrifying to face.

Are the Stars not in the exact same boat here? Just with an even deeper team that finished higher in the standings?

Why would Vegas be enthused to play either team?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Are the Stars not in the exact same boat here? Just with an even deeper team that finished higher in the standings?

Why would Vegas be enthused to play either team?
The players aren't enthused to make the playoffs... they just remembered how much those pesky playoff games get in the way of their golfing.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
How is this the least commented thread? This is going to be the craziest r1 series for sure. If Dallas and the rangers are able to meet up later i will attend a game in Dallas with my Texan bff and his family. Not sure i am rooting for that though, the Stars are scary.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
According to Vegas fans on Twitter, Winnipeg is the only credible threat in the West outside of Vegas.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Vegas in 7. Going to be an entirely different team than what we saw to end the season (literally with the guys they have on IR)

Tough 'prize' for Dallas winning the West.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

To everyones surprise, the players have magically recovered in time for the series. Holy f*** its such amazing medical treatment in Vegas that they pinpoint the recovery for playoffs every year. Best doctors in the world in Vegas.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Miraculous recoveries wow. Impressive work by the Vegas medical staff

The absolutely least surprising news of the post-season so far.

I have nothing against Vegas for exploiting the system, but this "loophole" is just an embarrassment to the league's credibility that could have been closed the first time it happened, or the second. Is this the third now or are we up to four? Five?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad