Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Dallas leads 3-2)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.3%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 168 31.9%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 134 25.4%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.8%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 58 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Dallas needs to play with the lead. Once Vegas gets the lead, they just have all 5 guys back at the blueline for the rest of the game. It's almost impossible to get space in the slot since they have a triangle around Thompson.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Dallas needs to play with the lead. Once Vegas gets the lead, they just have all 5 guys back at the blueline for the rest of the game. It's almost impossible to get space in the slot since they have a triangle around Thompson.

Dallas seemed fine most of the game once we got past the early 2nd. I still do not see them losing this series and feel they're maybe the most likely bet to win game 2 in any series so far of teams who lost game 1

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Dallas seemed fine most of the game once we got past the early 2nd. I still do not see them losing this series and feel they're maybe the most likely bet to win game 2 in any series so far of teams who lost game 1

I still think Dallas wins the series too but they need to play with the lead. Dallas should have won last night, they were by far the better team.

No, it's not. What exactly are they jealous of? You think people are sitting on their sofas steaming mad that their club doesn't have a player to LTIR for three years in a row and Vegas does? Nor does anybody care that the Golden Knights org has come into the league and achieved X in Y years. Different managements around the league, maybe, but fans don't give a shit lmfao.
It is like the girl that denies having a crush on the hunk in class, but keeps bringing him up over and over again...

Jealous of adding a top pair d and a 1st line fw at the deadline to start with.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I still think Dallas wins the series too but they need to play with the lead. Dallas should have won last night, they were by far the better team.
That said Vegas went into the turtle after 20 minutes. It'll be interesting to see how they do if they have to chase to game, but turtling is Cassidy Hockey.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
The scary thing is I think you believe all this shit you spew. It's silly enough because Stone has been out since February, like Stone or the team would sit him for 3 months and play shitty to boot.

Is it really so hard to understand that he's only back because it's the playoffs. He's not a 100% and there's more than one DR involved with no affiliation to Vegas.

I guess you figure an insurance company would risk losing millions or worse so that Vegas could cheat.
Imagine believing Stone returning off LTIR on the exact same day three years in a row is legit 😂😂😂

No media/insiders even believe this to be the case, so why do you? Btw, wanna buy a hill?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Yes, it is the leagues fault the playoffs and season start on different dates each year.

He however was always ready game 1 of the playoffs each season.

No need to be intellectually dishonest here.
Well if we are speaking about intellectual dishonesty here then it should be said the Mark Stone was also available and played before the playoffs in the first of those three years.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Well if we are speaking about intellectual dishonesty here then it should be said the Mark Stone was also available and played before the playoffs in the first of those three years.
We could also debate how the failed Dadonov trade affected their plans that season, but that could also be seen as proof seeing as how they were unable to replace those cap hits like they were trying to do at the deadline.

And lo and behold he was able to comeback before the end of the season without the targeted replacements under those circumstances.

Goes both ways.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
the way some of you are talking in here you would think the series is already over - not sure what game you all watched, Dallas controlled the majority of that game. Need to tighten up the penalties and the PK and all will be good.
I was at the game, and no, Dallas didn't control the game the majority of the time. Vegas stifled them into a lot of one and done type shots. I was keeping track early in the third period and the Stars had 3 icings, 5-6 no shot zone entries (often of the dump and don't chase too hard variety) and only one scoring chance on Dads wraparound.) Yes, later they got a gift on the Marchment goal (almost exact duplicate of the one Otter let in) and the Stars added to their shot total after I left to catch the train, but even our announcers said VGK got better chances (2-0) after we pulled Ottenger.

I think the Stars will bounce back, but they weren't the better team last night. After watching hockey all my life, I can usually tell when a team just isn't going to break out and turn it around for the win. There was nothing I saw in person that told me they were going to wrest control of the game, and hence my decision to take the train home even with the late goal closing the gap.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
I was at the game, and no, Dallas didn't control the game the majority of the time. Vegas stifled them into a lot of one and done type shots. I was keeping track early in the third period and the Stars had 3 icings, 5-6 no shot zone entries (often of the dump and don't chase too hard variety) and only one scoring chance on Dads wraparound.) Yes, later they got a gift on the Marchment goal (almost exact duplicate of the one Otter let in) and the Stars added to their shot total after I left to catch the train, but even our announcers said VGK got better chances (2-0) after we pulled Ottenger.

I think the Stars will bounce back, but they weren't the better team last night. After watching hockey all my life, I can usually tell when a team just isn't going to break out and turn it around for the win. There was nothing I saw in person that told me they were going to wrest control of the game, and hence my decision to take the train home even with the late goal closing the gap.

There is a reason that Vegas tanked games to align themselves against Dallas and it is that Vegas matches up probably better against Dallas than any other team in the West. There are a variety of reasons for this, including that Dallas struggles with Vegas' size and physical play to a majority of the Vegas players knowing the DeBoer system inside and out from his time with us.

IMHO, for Dallas to win this series, Pete is going to have to pull a tactical rabbit out of his hat and do something radically different or else it will simply be a repeat of last season's series.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Has anyone asked Mr Stone and how his two month vacation was? He looked pretty darn good last night for a guy who was on the LTIR.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
There is a reason that Vegas tanked games to align themselves against Dallas and it is that Vegas matches up probably better against Dallas than any other team in the West. There are a variety of reasons for this, including that Dallas struggles with Vegas' size and physical play to a majority of the Vegas players knowing the DeBoer system inside and out from his time with us.

IMHO, for Dallas to win this series, Pete is going to have to pull a tactical rabbit out of his hat and do something radically different or else it will simply be a repeat of last season's series.

friends-i-knew-it.gif

CaptainUgly

Jackie made me look in the mirror for punishment
Apr 22, 2018
Given the subpar goaltending on both teams, I anticipate a competitive and closely contested series.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
bc it's not allowed by the league. vegas and stone are colluding and lying about his regular season availability.

also, it's breaking the spirit of the law. like, if i tell my kid to 'go get in the bathtub' bc they're covered in dirt and my kid, fully clothed, no running water, climbs in the tub and back out and touts how they've followed my instructions.

the cap was designed to make the game fair and on equal terms. this lying defeats that purpose.

doesn't matter tho, dallas will still take this.

Not allowed by the league?

Toronto, Tampa, Colorado AND Vegas laugh at that entire take.

Reactions: Haguerbomb

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Vegas fans, whatever extraodinary medicine, doctors, or healing waters you have in Los Vegas that got your guys back for the playoffs, we need that for our goalie Thatcher Demko. Can you help?

Fly Demko down ASAP and we'll take him to the golf club. At least that where our players seem to heal up so quickly.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto, Tampa, Colorado AND Vegas laugh at that entire take.
Toronto and Colorado didnt play "this game" as far as i know. :dunno:

So i dont know why you bring them up....? :huh:

Or do you think Landeskog will come back for Round 2 or later and make a "Stoner"?

Dont worry buddy, he is nowhere ready to play at full mode, let alone playoff-mode after 2 years without a game.

And we dont have the magic Vodoo-medical staff and magic golf course of yours in Denver that brings back any "star players" just in perfect time every year. :thumbu:

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad