Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Dallas leads 3-2)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.3%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 168 31.9%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 134 25.4%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.8%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 58 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I'll never understand the hate towards Vegas for this LTIR stuff.

If the league allows it, it's fair game.

If the other teams are so upset about it, they should be able to collectively put enough pressure on the league to find some sort of solution. But that hasn't happened yet, so until it does Vegas is free to do it over and over and other teams are stupid for not doing it themselves.
bc it's not allowed by the league. vegas and stone are colluding and lying about his regular season availability.

also, it's breaking the spirit of the law. like, if i tell my kid to 'go get in the bathtub' bc they're covered in dirt and my kid, fully clothed, no running water, climbs in the tub and back out and touts how they've followed my instructions.

the cap was designed to make the game fair and on equal terms. this lying defeats that purpose.

doesn't matter tho, dallas will still take this.

Reactions: wingerdinger

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Another Victory* for the Knights.

Wish I could make that asterisk bigger.

That said, the Stars are good enough to upset the cap cheaters. Don’t think this will be a short series.

Yeh me and Bieksa and Bissonette and millions of fans are just paranoid.
The scary thing is I think you believe all this shit you spew. It's silly enough because Stone has been out since February, like Stone or the team would sit him for 3 months and play shitty to boot.

Is it really so hard to understand that he's only back because it's the playoffs. He's not a 100% and there's more than one DR involved with no affiliation to Vegas.

I guess you figure an insurance company would risk losing millions or worse so that Vegas could cheat.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Vegas was the better team, and has seized the home ice advantage.

That said, Dallas goaltending was brutal all night long, woof.

Did you watch the game? No goalie in the NHL is stopping goals 1, 2, and 4.

Goal 3 wasn’t weak either but you hope your goalie could have stopped in to avoid being in a hole.

If you ask me, VGK goaltending was a lot shakier than Dallas’ goalie.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
bc it's not allowed by the league. vegas and stone are colluding and lying about his regular season availability.

Uh-huh...

kZgmqy.gif

I know if I were to do what's alleged, I wouldn't use the same player to avoid looking sus.

the cap was designed to make the game fair and on equal terms. this lying defeats that purpose.
The cap was made to get spending under control, first and foremost. Parity was a mere bi-product.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

Goal 3 wasn’t weak either but you hope your goalie could have stopped in to avoid being in a hole.

And the worst goal of the game was Dallas 3rd on Thompson.

I'm hoping it was just a bit of big moment jitters and he settles in a bit more in game 2.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Kind of feel bad for DAL fans. The team had a great year and ended up as the top team. Their reward is facing the defending champs with a better team this year than they did last year and we all know why. The team and their fans got the short end of the stick for sure.

Anything can happen but unless some miracle happens I see DAL getting bounced out of the playoffs pretty quickly.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The mental gymnastics are impressive.

Just admit it's an obvious advantage and be done with it. Nothing will change, not this year anyway. But the denials are so weak it just makes it worse.

No one is blaming their fans. Can't a single one of you be objective?

3 years in a row, this the most blatant.

A duck is a duck fellas.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

1713879324632.jpeg

11 saves on 15 shots...

he had nothing to do and still let one in every 4th shot. that performance isn't better than anything, it's putrid and his body language said it throughout the game.

i'd easily blame dallas' messy defense more than oettinger, but there's no way anyone should be suggesting oettinger played better than any goalie in any game last night. didn't bail his team out once and might as well have been a shooter tutor.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
View attachment 858181

11 saves on 15 shots...

he had nothing to do and still let one in every 4th shot. that performance isn't better than anything, it's putrid and his body language said it throughout the game.

i'd easily blame dallas' messy defense more than oettinger, but there's no way anyone should be suggesting oettinger played better than any goalie in any game last night. didn't bail his team out once and might as well have been a shooter tutor.
Not surprised. Fully expected Dallas goaltending to struggle

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
The mental gymnastics are impressive.

Just admit it's an obvious advantage and be done with it. Nothing will change, not this year anyway. But the denials are so weak it just makes it worse.

No one is blaming their fans. Can't a single one of you be objective?

3 year in a row, this the most blatant.

A duck is a duck fellas.
You say 3 years, at best it's you've got a case for 2. Yes Stone has been on LTIR 3 years in a row, but they haven't loaded up those three years, in fact if wasn't for Ottawa messing up and screwing us on the Dadanov to Anaheim trade, we would have been sorted at the deadline.

I don't think anyone is really denying it's an advantage, it is... but it's also not cheating as if often alleged...

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
You say 3 years, at best it's you've got a case for 2. Yes Stone has been on LTIR 3 years in a row, but they haven't loaded up those three years, in fact if wasn't for Ottawa messing up and screwing us on the Dadanov to Anaheim trade, we would have been sorted at the deadline.

I don't think anyone is really denying it's an advantage, it is... but it's also not cheating as if often alleged...
I have never said they cheated the ambiguous rule, but it is a very clear advantage.

You know it, so does everyone.

Two years ago they missed the playoffs on the first attempt. Dadonov was being moved with a second move in mind.

But the doubling down on that model began in earnest. You started last years cup run over the cap too, but early round injuries allowed the final number to be compliant.

This year is a smack in the face to every other team who "didn't get lucky" with their injuries lining up perfectly again, apparently.

I said it the day he went to LTIR. Trades would be made, his cap weaponized, and then he would be available game 1.

Every step was denied by your fans. It's exactly what happened.

You know it, so do the rest of us.

I am done on the tangent.

Last edited:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
View attachment 858181

11 saves on 15 shots...

Classic case of stat watching.

Thanks for clarifying my point from earlier

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA

Truth, three of the Vegas goals against Oettinger were either tipped and/or he was screened by his own man. But we should not let the facts get in the way of the shallow narratives.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
VGK *used to be a ‘nice’ story, however, all these shenanigans have completely killed that theme.

I had respect for Stone; he seems hollow now.

Reactions: TheNumber4

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol. "Vegas hasn't paid their dues" seems to ring a bell
This. I'm not crazy about a third year of big acquisitions facilitated by Stone being on LTIR. I personally feel the integrity of the competition thing has merit. Like to me, I don't think Vegas got a crazy benefit from it last year since most of the guys they got didn't play and Barbashev basically fit under the cap. This year is more egregious.

But if Vegas hadn't been doing it we'd get the same volume of complaining and whining just styled around "Wahh Vegas was gifted a contending roster at the expansion draft." "Wahh the league rigs games/reffing in Vegas' favor" "Wahh Vegas treated Shipachyov, Fleury, Schmidt, Smith, like shit" "Wahh Vegas is filled with dirty thugs like Pietrangelo, Stone, Kolesar, McNabb (I even saw one person claim Theodore was a dirty player which is just hilarious to think back on)"

The volume of complaints and criticisms of the Knights hasn't changed. There's just a valid concern to latch on to now. And the big difference between the favorable attitudes or innocuous indifference to the Kraken and the persistent villification of the Knights is the Kraken have only achieved modest success. While making the Finals year 1 was a great story for Vegas fans, particularly locals who needed uplifting after the mass shooting, I think it set the stage for a lot of opposing fans to get and maintain a hate boner for Vegas.

If you had asked me before the LTIR business ever started how I imagine that would ever go away I'd have said "once Vegas goes through a rebuild/retool period of consistent playoff misses." My answer is still the same today. At the root of everything is this frustration that Vegas didn't "pay their dues"

Reactions: hangman005

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I feel Stone is a player who would play without a leg if he could. The league goes over every scan and all medical information with LTIR. Did the team likely pick the perfect time for a follow up appointment on the spleen to sync with playoff availability? Definitely. I would also agree last year they could have chosen to do the surgery any time during the season and they timed it perfectly.

Don't blame the player or team, blame the game. There is no faking of injuries. Vegas just does things better.

Reactions: Haguerbomb

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
At the root of everything is this frustration that Vegas didn't "pay their dues"

We did pay our dues. The check is in the mail.

Just BTW, with Martinez out I'm pretty sure that Vegas iced a cap-compliant team last night, which they did all last season's playoffs as well. As far as those folks go who think that Vegas is being sneaky about it, perhaps they would prefer this approach instead:

KuchLTIR.png

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The biggest issue to me is its clear Stone was skating SOMEWHERE in recent weeks. Kucherov was clearly not himself immediately and I was fine with the process somewhat there but this dude was moving like he was skating for weeks. So question is where was this? Because VGK clearly had him working out somewhere where league docs/execs could not see it

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
The biggest issue to me is its clear Stone was skating SOMEWHERE in recent weeks. Kucherov was clearly not himself immediately and I was fine with the process somewhat there but this dude was moving like he was skating for weeks. So question is where was this? Because VGK clearly had him working out somewhere where league docs/execs could not see it
Not really sure where that comes from, he wouldn't be skating at practice until he was skating at practise but likely with the teams trainer as physical therapists, Stone and Hertl were rehabbing together at the same time for a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad