Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Dallas leads 3-2)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.3%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 168 31.9%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 134 25.4%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.8%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 58 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AssaultPK

Jul 22, 2014
IMG_8740.jpeg

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
I'll never understand the hate towards Vegas for this LTIR stuff.

If the league allows it, it's fair game.

If the other teams are so upset about it, they should be able to collectively put enough pressure on the league to find some sort of solution. But that hasn't happened yet, so until it does Vegas is free to do it over and over and other teams are stupid for not doing it themselves.
Just because something is legal or withing the rules does not mean it's morally right.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'll never understand the hate towards Vegas for this LTIR stuff.

If the league allows it, it's fair game.

If the other teams are so upset about it, they should be able to collectively put enough pressure on the league to find some sort of solution. But that hasn't happened yet, so until it does Vegas is free to do it over and over and other teams are stupid for not doing it themselves.
Well I think the clear difference is NHL fans don't have any power to make their team put pressure on the league to find a solution. It is a pretty embarrassing look though for the league when there are thousands if not tens of thousands of social media posts complaining about it and even media personalities criticizing it.

Anyways its been beaten to death let's move on. I still like Dallas' chances in this series if Oettinger can tighten it up. Vegas looked pretty average tonight, Logan Thompson isn't very good, and Adin Hill has looked like a sieve the past 2 months. Opportunity is there for Dallas.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Still ot over. Dallas played better, but need goaltending.

Vegas is within the rules so no problemn with them. Still I agree that they should do something about the rules in the future. Stone also was -2 on the night.

Dallas lost this on special teams cant let in 2/2 on the PK and not get a goal on one of your two own. Dallas was better on special teams during the reg season so they need to turn that around in the next games.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Well you think wrong. Cause I didn’t give two shits when they disrespected their players by trading them out. HF made a big deal of it, but that’s just the business side of hockey. Or when they made the finals in Year 1.

What turned me and most fans into Vegas haters is the cheating. Plain and simple. It’s sport and people expect a fair game. Which is not what we are getting. Makes the league into a joke that 1 out of 16 teams gets to add players without the restraints of the salary cap that every other team has to deal with.
Vegas is not doing anything against the rules. If other teams are unhappy about what they are doing then either do the exact same thing or prove that Vegas is doing something wrong and get the NHL to intervene. Until then, stop whining about a team of winners because yours isn't.

Doubt jealousy really has to do with it. People would feel the exact same way if any other team started LTIRing the same player three years in a row as well.
It is jealousy. If the respective team of the whiners did it, they would not say dick. The amount of hypocrisy is nauseating.

You can't just ltir players like that. The league gets involved. And btw: You still have to go out there like McCrimmon and pull off impact moves and be willing to pay the price for them.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Vegas is not doing anything against the rules. If other teams are unhappy about what they are doing then either do the exact same thing or prove that Vegas is doing something wrong and get the NHL to intervene. Until then, stop whining about a team of winners because yours isn't.
Yeh and neither were the Wild when they signed the league-approved monster term contracts to Suter and Parise. It was “legal” until it wasn’t, cause everyone knew it was complete BS. Even the League, when they retroactively punished it. What Vegas is doing is “within the rules” only cause they found an incompetent loop hole that the League left in. Regardless, it definitely goes against the spirit of the rule and it’s done blatantly for that purpose. To circumvent the field leveler that is the salary cap. That’s enough for me to know it’s cheating. This has nothing to do with them winning, and everything to do with the integrity of the game. But sure I’m just whining. Same with Bissonette and Bieksa I guess when they call out the obvious cap circumvention. But keep stanning for “winners” if you like.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Just because something is legal or withing the rules does not mean it's morally right.

Well other teams can have whatever trophy they give out for morals and Vegas will continue to not care and contend for actual Stanley Cups.

Interesting comment from Stone post game.

Signs that people are lying: "Unusual gestures, nervousness or anxiety while telling a lie may cause the person to make small movements, such as itching their skin, biting their nails, or playing with their hair as a way to distract from the nervous energy."

Stone knows it nots cause he isn't liked. It cause he's a cheater. He knows EXACTLY what the LTIR play was all about.

This makes sense if you actually are naïve enough to believe that he actually cares deep down what fans of other teams think and feels bad about it.

He's not lying here, he's trolling.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
It is jealousy. If the respective team of the whiners did it, they would not say dick. The amount of hypocrisy is nauseating.

You can't just ltir players like that. The league gets involved. And btw: You still have to go out there like McCrimmon and pull off impact moves and be willing to pay the price for them.
No, it's not. What exactly are they jealous of? You think people are sitting on their sofas steaming mad that their club doesn't have a player to LTIR for three years in a row and Vegas does? Nor does anybody care that the Golden Knights org has come into the league and achieved X in Y years. Different managements around the league, maybe, but fans don't give a shit lmfao.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
No, it's not. What exactly are they jealous of? You think people are sitting on their sofas steaming mad that their club doesn't have a player to LTIR for three years in a row and Vegas does? Nor does anybody care that the Golden Knights org has come into the league and achieved X in Y years. Different managements around the league, maybe, but fans don't give a shit lmfao.
Lol. "Vegas hasn't paid their dues" seems to ring a bell

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023

Beauty of a call-out.

To the first, the league didn’t come down with penalties on Vegas.

To the second, it isn’t McCrimmon holding guys at gun point and forcing them to sign deals; every move the Golden Knights have made with another team was mutually agreed to between themselves, the second and third parties in the trade, and the league (except Evgeni Dadonov.) It takes two to tango.

If anyone cared to spend the time searching HFBoards for posts that disproved that, they’d have ample evidence.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Does anyone know the NHL record for fewest number of shots to win a playoff game?

Wondering how close VGK game with their 15-shot win.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

Dallas could have easily done it with Seguin and Dadonov, but didnt. Dadonov even played the last game of the season.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Congrats on winning the western conference Dallas, enjoy your easy matchup.

Congrats to me, too, for predicting Stone's recovery game accurately all the way back in fall. Maybe I should have become a doctor, my diagnosis skills are clearly impressive.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Congrats on winning the western conference Dallas, enjoy your easy matchup.

Congrats to me, too, for predicting Stone's recovery game accurately all the way back in fall. Maybe I should have become a doctor, my diagnosis skills are clearly impressive.

This is another reason the playoff format needs to be changed back to 1-8. To me in the divisional format its way too easy for a team to tank on purpose as we clearly saw Boston do for example vs the Caps. Its way way harder to truly gauge your opponent in a 1-8 most of the time 2 games before a season ends than it is in this setup

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
This is another reason the playoff format needs to be changed back to 1-8. To me in the divisional format its way too easy for a team to tank on purpose as we clearly saw Boston do for example vs the Caps. Its way way harder to truly gauge your opponent in a 1-8 most of the time 2 games before a season ends than it is in this setup
I mean it wouldn't have helped Dallas in this case, it's probably a better case for entirely divisional playoffs so then the nucks got us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad