Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Dallas leads 3-2)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.3%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 168 31.9%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 134 25.4%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.8%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 58 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I mean last season at best it offered a bit extra depth, if we were to use the iced roster must be "cap compliant" solution as a metric, the team on the ice was compliant in that regard. I'm not going to say the extra depth wasn't an advantage but last year wasn't as egregious as it's made about to be. Other than Mark Stone coming back in game one, and to anyone who watched it planly obvious he'd come back earlier.

I'm not going to pretend that holds true this year, We'll see if Stone even remotely looks like he should be playing and while the team could theoretically continue to ice a compliant roster I'm not going to be pretend that I think that's likely the game plan, but I also think for many people it's just an excuse to jump on Vegas, 90% of those calling us cheaters would still be screaming that even if Stone missed the entire playoffs.

I do see where you coming from on the last point and there is undoubtable some medical wiggle room and it can swing both ways, and a lot of it can be subjective.... lets for the sake arguement say that at 50% the actual injury has repaired to the minimum, and lets say 15% until the repair is strong enough for everyday activity and another 15% until it should be able to stand up to hockey and lets put the clearance range say at 85-90%. It's absolutely possible for a player to have a niggle or it's not quite right (whether true or otherwise) to hold of getting cleared. But I also think the playoffs make it an entirely different story, the play through a lot the likely wouldn't otherwise in the regular season (I mean the fact that Tkachuk even dressed for game 4 last year was ridiculous) I just think it more likely they are in that 60 to 80% range reporting they are ready to go because playoffs are that important... and as you say there aren't any really makers so it's so difficult to actually say.

We'll i know we've refuted two of those years from Vegas countless times, so you can't still be harping about it for them, must be a couple of other teams.

Also why the NHL abolish the cap altogeather, it is doing as it's intended... keeping costs controlled, even with the LTIR option their costs are being controlled.
One was Vegas - refuted my ass, you just created your own narrative. Eichel wasn't going to fit under until Stone went on. The other year was the blatant Kuch debacle.

The cap isn't doing its job if teams are just taking on retention for mid-round picks and players are abusing the spirit of LTIR. Having to be "creative" instead of lazy about it doesn't mean the cap is "doing its job".

Belos

Dec 21, 2019
**Lineups are susceptible to changes and thus ratings are to be prioritized

Vegas Golden Knights

77 Barbashev, 88 Eichel(+), 85 Marchessault
73 Cotter, 84 Hertl, 86 (90) Stone**(uncertainty)
75 Dorofeyev, 85 Karlsson, 76 Amadio
74 Carrier, 76 Roy, 74 Kolesar
79 Stephenson

84 Hanifin, 81 Theodore
83 McNabb, 81 Martinez
77 Whitecloud, 76 Hague
85 Pietrangelo

Dallas Stars

87 Robertson(+), 86 Hintz, 84 Pavelski(-)
77 Marchment, 79 Duchene, 74 Dadonov
82 Benn, 82 Johnston(+), 78 Stankoven(+)
73 Steel, 74 Faksa, 75 Smith
80 Seguin(+)

82 Harley(+), 90 Heiskanen
78 Suter, 85 Tanev
83 Lindell, 75 Lundkvist

83 Oettinger
76 Wedgewood

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Vegas practiced like this:
Barbashev-Eichel-Amadio (Marchessault)
Stephenson-Hertl-Stone
Dorofeyev-Karlsson-Howden
Carrier-Roy-Kolesar

Looks like Amadio is the scratch. I would scratch Kolesar and do:

Dorofeyev-Karlsson-Amadio
Carrier-Roy-Howden

Reactions: Devonator

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I dream of a Vegas thread where I don’t have to sift through 90 f***ing pages of bullshit LTIR talk.

Let’s f***ing go! It’s playoff time
28f.jpg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Interesting comment from Stone post game.

Signs that people are lying: "Unusual gestures, nervousness or anxiety while telling a lie may cause the person to make small movements, such as itching their skin, biting their nails, or playing with their hair as a way to distract from the nervous energy."

Stone knows it nots cause he isn't liked. It cause he's a cheater. He knows EXACTLY what the LTIR play was all about.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Interesting comment from Stone post game.

Signs that people are lying: "Unusual gestures, nervousness or anxiety while telling a lie may cause the person to make small movements, such as itching their skin, biting their nails, or playing with their hair as a way to distract from the nervous energy."

Stone knows it nots cause he isn't liked. It cause he's a cheater. He knows EXACTLY what the LTIR play was all about.

Paranoia is strong in this one.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hanafin (2A) or Pietrangelo (0A)
Hertl (1G) or Stone (1G)

In the regular season, Vegas would have only been able to only utilize 1 out of each group, BUT in the playoffs, they get to use all 4! That 1 extra goal won them Game 1...
Another Victory* for the Knights.

Wish I could make that asterisk bigger.

That said, the Stars are good enough to upset the cap cheaters. Don’t think this will be a short series.

Paranoia is strong in this one.
Yeh me and Bieksa and Bissonette and millions of fans are just paranoid.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Hanafin (2A) or Pietrangelo (0A)
Hertl (1G) or Stone (1G)

In the regular season, Vegas would have only been able to only utilize 1 out of each group, BUT in the playoffs, they get to use all 4! That 1 extra goal won them Game 1...
Facts are facts.

Stars win this game if not for cheating.

Reactions: hn777

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think it's a bit of paranoia and a bit of jealousy because Vegas came into the league only a few years ago and already has had more success than a lot of franchises, The amount of shit talking about that team on HFboards is hilarious. :laugh:
Well you think wrong. Cause I didn’t give two shits when they disrespected their players by trading them out. HF made a big deal of it, but that’s just the business side of hockey. Or when they made the finals in Year 1.

What turned me and most fans into Vegas haters is the cheating. Plain and simple. It’s sport and people expect a fair game. Which is not what we are getting. Makes the league into a joke that 1 out of 16 teams gets to add players without the restraints of the salary cap that every other team has to deal with.

Reactions: hn777

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
I think it's a bit of paranoia and a bit of jealousy because Vegas came into the league only a few years ago and already has had more success than a lot of franchises, The amount of shit talking about that team on HFboards is hilarious. :laugh:
Doubt jealousy really has to do with it. People would feel the exact same way if any other team started LTIRing the same player three years in a row as well.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I'll never understand the hate towards Vegas for this LTIR stuff.

If the league allows it, it's fair game.

If the other teams are so upset about it, they should be able to collectively put enough pressure on the league to find some sort of solution. But that hasn't happened yet, so until it does Vegas is free to do it over and over and other teams are stupid for not doing it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad