Who wins and in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's a god damn wonder that the Predators won the division. So heartless and lacking of any positive emotion or game breakers. It's sad to see. The hunger of the team of two years ago has been completely void since last year's playoffs started.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
2-2 is probably worse than Dallas deserves, considering they’ve been the better team in 3/4 games, but I suppose you have to take it if you’re a Stars fan.

It's true. Hockey is a game of inches and it's even tighter in the playoffs. That makes this next statement a little disingenuous but the Preds are 1 OT goal and one less superhero Pekka performance from getting swept in this series.

I don't want to get Dallas's fans hopes up but, screw it, I will. :D

The fans have been waiting for months on months for the Preds to figure their shit out and start playing good hockey. The individual pieces are in place but as a whole they have sucked for a good majority of the season. I don't expect they will magically figure it out now.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's true. Hockey is a game of inches and it's even tighter in the playoffs. That makes this next statement a little disingenuous but the Preds are 1 OT goal and one less superhero Pekka performance from getting swept in this series.

Preds have lucked their way to a 2 - 2 series much like how we lucked our way to winning the division, we should've been swept by now. I envy watching the Stars have players that actually give a damn and can bust games wide open.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Who didnt see this coming? And it could have just as easily come from DAL by the way. But NSH came out taking the meager series lead for granted and the Stars made them pay for their entitled approach. We have seen this kind of performance from this team all year. They think shit is gonna just get handed to them, that their opponents will just get out of their way because the finals are somehow theirs by right. They are over confident, under disciplined, and unhungry.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Is there a concert in Nashville tomorrow?

Trying to figure out why this series is headed into its' second two-day break in between games. :help: :shakehead

Can't think of any other reason why there'd be such a long break. Twice in the same series.

Couldn't agree more.

Yes there is a concert on Friday. There is a constant stream of events at the arena, it would be booked non-stop even without the Predators, definitely one of the busiest arenas in the nation. It's kinda of annoying sometimes honestly.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
It's sad the polls in these ones not are designed to be closed, but viewable, from the point the series starts.

It would be fun to see how far off we were when the series are over.

Of course, I am sticking with Dallas at 6, had that from the start, still looking like a decent bet.

97 votes now, I assume some has changed into it as the series has progressed.

chirrrs

Jun 3, 2013
Rockwall, TX
It's sad the polls in these ones not are designed to be closed, but viewable, from the point the series starts.

Of course, I am sticking with Dallas at 6, had that from the start, still looking like a decent bet.

I've paid attention to it ever since the beginning and out of curiosity have checked after each game, and while I have seen some minor changes, I've also noticed that those changes swung back the other way in the end. The difference between the current state of the poll as opposed to the original poll, as far as I can remember (I didn't write it down or screenshot it) have been negligible.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee

TBH I wish you couldn't change your vote

Reactions: adsfan and bdub24

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Pretty sure he is only following Dallas cause of Zucc.

Expecting another Preds fail. Then the Stars can close out at home and we don't have to watch the losing handshake line.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Think its a 50-50 proposition tomorrow. And a tough game.

Preds have to play harder than wed. and have last change. 10 minutes of Stars pixie dust scoring magic doesn't change the series dynamic.

Obviously when there is a talent gap, the better team wins. When close in talent, the more motivated team usually does. So, who is more motivated? Preds trying to stop an apparent/possible descent as a top team, or Stars trying to ascend out of a 10 year swamp land?

Last edited:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
To me this is a genuine 50 50 series. It may come to a lucky bounce/ deflection...

The stars have been the better team and look better...but the preds have home ice back and more obvious big game playoff experience.

No idea how it will play out. Going to be an exciting best of 3

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Stars rookies Miro and Rope have been some of their best players. Sort of like young golfers having no fear.

Playoffs pressure? We dont have no stinking playoff pressure! Of course, that could change at the worst possible moment.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Big game for Nashville tonight. Almost a must win, since I don't believe we'll beat Stars twice in a row again.

Need big players to step up. Looking at you JOFA. Can't rely on guys like Grimaldi to score every night.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Hey, stop that. These threads are supposed to be uncivil and everyone is supposed to hate each other.

:sarcasm: (don't think I need this but you can never be certain)

Sorry! Almost every one of the Stars fans have been nice. You can't help but to like them as a group.

That is very different from my experiences with certain other teams in recent years.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
TBH I wish you couldn't change your vote

I am sticking with Nashville in six games until the bitter end!

That choice and Dallas in seven look like the most popular choices, followed by Dallas in 6 and the Preds in 7. Those are still in the running.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I think the Preds play a good first 10 minutes and then the wheels fall off. Preparing to say farewell for the summer to my hockey family in 309.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I think the Preds play a good first 10 minutes and then the wheels fall off. Preparing to say farewell for the summer to my hockey family in 309.

And I think the Stars will play a terrible first 50 minutes and then suddenly remember how to hockey in the last 10. I guess that's why everyone sees this as such an even series, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad