Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

Golden Foppa

Nov 13, 2002
Boulder, CO
Visit site
He got a ring as a black ace but his name is not on the Cup (nor are McDonald and Megna the other two black aces who were part of the on ice celebrations)
Speaking of black aces, does anyone know who they are this year? Evan Rawal tweeted that Sam Girard was skating with the black aces the morning of game 2, but I haven't seen anyone actually show a list of who they are this year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Speaking of black aces, does anyone know who they are this year? Evan Rawal tweeted that Sam Girard was skating with the black aces the morning of game 2, but I haven't seen anyone actually show a list of who they are this year.
It was Wags and Hunt, but they got sent down to help the Eagles. They also play Friday and if they lose we probably see ~5-8 guys moved up from that roster... likey Hunt, Wags, Kovalenko, Malinski, Tufte, Foudy, Prosvetov and Middleton

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Starting Annunen
Ah yes, my bad I didn't actually read the quote haha. Just saw the tweet and was confused.

Yeah. Let's say Georgie didn't play as good as he did, but the Avs won G2 regardless. Georgie would still get the start. In the playoffs, we are taking things one game at a time. Georgie played well last game, the Avs won. It's his net, doesn't matter what happened in game 1. We might revisit this discussion after game 3, but we'll see.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Ah yes, my bad I didn't actually read the quote haha. Just saw the tweet and was confused.

Yeah. Let's say Georgie didn't play as good as he did, but the Avs won G2 regardless. Georgie would still get the start. In the playoffs, we are taking things one game at a time. Georgie played well last game, the Avs won. It's his net, doesn't matter what happened in game 1. We might revisit this discussion after game 3, but we'll see.
My problem is, I don't think Bednar will revisit the problem after game 3 if George shits the bed again. Bednar is stubborn, and I fully believe in his eyes, George has earned a 1 bad start credit. If George loses his net, it'll be after game 4, and we'll be in the hole 3-1 in the series.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
My problem is, I don't think Bednar will revisit the problem after game 3 if George shits the bed again. Bednar is stubborn, and I fully believe in his eyes, George has earned a 1 bad start credit. If George loses his net, it'll be after game 4, and we'll be in the hole 3-1 in the series.
Bednar was preparing to pull Georgiev in game two if it had gone bad. Calling up Prosvetov was a clear message at that. And I don't think he's going to hesitate throwing Annunen in if Georgiev somehow manages to be as bad as in G1.

Reactions: AvsFan29

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
At least we have a backup now. If he allows like 3of6, or whatever it was in game 1, he's out. At least for the game. Bednar is NOT an idiot. Hopefully it does not come to this and we see Game2George tomorrow. But we all know that there is a 50/50 chance that it's Game1George!

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Bednar was preparing to pull Georgiev in game two if it had gone bad. Calling up Prosvetov was a clear message at that. And I don't think he's going to hesitate throwing Annunen in if Georgiev somehow manages to be as bad as in G1.
I want to believe that, but I just can't. I've seen way too many questionable lineup decisions from Bednar since his tenure started here.

At least we have a backup now. If he allows like 3of6, or whatever it was in game 1, he's out. At least for the game. Bednar is NOT an idiot.
I don't believe he's an idiot, just stubborn.

Reactions: Andrew Wiggin

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
You do realize Juice has let in more than his fair share of soft goals too right?
1714068894234.png

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Annunen is an upgrade over G1 Georgiev (any ECHL level goalie would be TBH), but let's not act like he's going to be our saviour. The totals look pretty great, then you look at his game logs:
Capture.JPG
'
It's a bit inflated, let's be honest with ourselves here.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Annunen is an upgrade over G1 Georgiev (any ECHL level goalie would be TBH), but let's not act like he's going to be our saviour. The totals look pretty great, then you look at his game logs:
View attachment 859487'
It's a bit inflated, let's be honest with ourselves here.
I honestly don't see anything wrong with this. It looks pretty good once he settled into the NHL.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
The DNVR folk suggested that the Avs fans in Ball Arena chant GEORGIE to give him a boost at the start of Game 3. I think that would be awesome, regardless of how he has performed, he's our goalie, he plays for the team we support, get behind him and try and give him a boost and a feel good moment.
they better give Helly the gears if he keeps his play up too. WPG fans were relentless to Georgie.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I have a hard time believing that the best NHL teams couldn't exploit Annunen's movement and rebound control over the course of a series. Now if George does his bad game - good game - average game -bad game rotation... you take that chance. But give Vegas 3 games against Annunen... they'll figure him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad