• Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
What's the scenario for backup goalies getting their name on the cup? If we win, do Prosvetov and Holm get their name on the cup for riding the pine for a game each?

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
What's the scenario for backup goalies getting their name on the cup? If we win, do Prosvetov and Holm get their name on the cup for riding the pine for a game each?
They would have to ride the pine for 41 (or actually playing works too) regular season games or one SCF game. Just one playoff game won’t cut it

In this wild hypothetical, Prosvetov might actually have been on the Avs roster long enough to qualify but Juice might not have unless he were good to go to backup (or start) in a SCF. I’m not sure the exact dates/GP by the Avs for when they swapped between the Avs and Eagles

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Any backup that dresses for a Stanley Cup Final gets their name on the Cup. First three rounds don't matter. After that, backups that have been dressed for 41 regular season games also get their name on the Cup. Teams, if they have space, can petition for any name in the org to be added. Common that teams do that with some names each year. Doubtful that Holm would reach that threshold.

By this, if the Avs win, Prosvetov is already on the Cup. Annunen would have to backup in the Finals to be guaranteed (though the Avs would petition if he didn't dress). Holm won't get on the Cup.

Reactions: The Moops

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So we get the shit schedule again

Friday at 10 PM (EST) followed by Sunday at 2:30 PM

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
IIRC Murray was a petitioned name added.
Posts like this make me think some of you haven't committed every single aspect of 2022 to memory:

1713994753614.png

(the most immediately interesting things here are that Brad Stuart is on there, that team isn't alphabetically listed, and some players have a first initial rather than a first name. Anyway)

Murray played 38 games, so was a pretty easy petition. I'm not sure anyone could remember anything about those 38 games, but when he got injured again and was out of the line-up it usually took me a while to notice. Also when he had his day with the cup he wore a fake jersey (or at least one with the worst numbering job I've ever seen)

1713994933031.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Posts like this make me think some of you haven't committed every single aspect of 2022 to memory:

View attachment 859016

(the most immediately interesting things here are that Brad Stuart is on there, that team isn't alphabetically listed, and some players have a first initial rather than a first name. Anyway)

Murray played 38 games, so was a pretty easy petition. I'm not sure anyone could remember anything about those 38 games, but when he got injured again and was out of the line-up it usually took me a while to notice. Also when he had his day with the cup he wore a fake jersey (or at least one with the worst numbering job I've ever seen)

View attachment 859019

I prefer to not remember Ryan Murray.

On the listing, in all recent years it goes Ownership - GM/VP Hockey Ops - Front office (non scouts) - Coaches (Head first) - Scouts - Players

Each section is listed by last name alphabetical... the first few only really have one name in each group.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I prefer to not remember Ryan Murray.

On the listing, in all recent years it goes Ownership - GM/VP Hockey Ops - Front office (non scouts) - Coaches (Head first) - Scouts - Players

Each section is listed by last name alphabetical... the first few only really have one name in each group.
I think what Ceremony is referring to is that the Avs engraving is directly under the 08 Wings that has several names (including Brad Stuart and Helm) after Zetterberg and clearly not in alphabetical order

Reactions: henchman21

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Also worth adding that they got Brian Willsie's name added after he missed out in 2001. Our weird loyalty pays off, if it's you the organisation is loyal to.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
It's wild to me that in [current year], they don't have a machine that engraves the names in a professional and consistent way. Looks like an 80 year old with shaky hands found some old punch tools and went to town

• Haha
Reactions: missionAvs

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
It's wild to me that in [current year], they don't have a machine that engraves the names in a professional and consistent way. Looks like an 80 year old with shaky hands found some old punch tools and went to town
Shocking from a league so willing to stray from tradition and embrace modern times. :sarcasm:

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Imagine how nervous Holm must have been when George was shitting the bed. You come in with 0 expectation to play and the starter is having the worst game of his life in a playoff game. Wonder if he was interviewed?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Imagine how nervous Holm must have been when George was shitting the bed. You come in with 0 expectation to play and the starter is having the worst game of his life in a playoff game. Wonder if he was interviewed?
He probably ate the terrible looking cheeto poutine that they sell in Winnipeg (for some god damn crazy reason )and was worried he was literally going to shit on the ice if he had to play.

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

View attachment 859016

View attachment 859019

Kind of wish they put Peter McNabb on there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad