Votes: 39 18.4%
  • Jets in 6

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
As good as Mittelstadt has been defensively, the contributions of Lehkonen and previously Nichushkin cannot be ignored either. Those are two of the best defensive forwards in the game.

Nuke, in particular, was an animal yesterday. The number of passes he picked and key clearances were enormous.

Lehk simply shows up every playoffs. The man is Chris Drury 2.0

And some people previously suggested trading him away so that we could keep Drouin instead.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I disagree.

You take the good with the bad with Duhaime.

He’s one of the only guys willing to play on the edge and get downright dirty if needed to. He can also move up in the lineup and has arguably been the only player to show chemistry with Mittelstadt.

Along with Wood and Cogs, he’s the best skater in the bottom 6 and causes serious problems on the forecheck.

It’s playoff time so I don’t really care about fancy analytics. Eye test tells me Duhaime is a guy you want in the lineup, period.
I thought he was quite bad last night. He seemed late to make hits, turned pucks over, and the penalty he took was Wagner-esque. We killed that off and he still almost cost us a goal coming out of the box.

Hopefully he plays better in game 3 but I was not a fan last night.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Lehk simply shows up every playoffs. The man is Chris Drury 2.0

And some people previously suggested trading him away so that we could keep Drouin instead.

He’s such a coachable player, which makes sense since his dad is considered to be a good coach.

Lehky can adapt to any type of game, understands his assignments exceptionally well, and just knows where to be on the ice. Coach’s dream of a player. You know anytime you call his number that he’s going to execute exactly what you ask of him.

You win with Lehkonens in your lineup.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
He’s such a coachable player, which makes sense since his dad is considered to be a good coach.

Lehky can adapt to any type of game, understands his assignments exceptionally well, and just knows where to be on the ice. Coach’s dream of a player. You know anytime you call his number that he’s going to execute exactly what you ask of him.

Lehkonen Crosby Landy is going to be a hell of a third line next year in the playoffs when the Avs are defending their cup.

They'll easily out match the Vegas deadline acquisition third line of Petterson Kadri Duchene.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Lehkonen Crosby Landy is going to be a hell of a third line next year in the playoffs when the Avs are defending their cup.

They'll easily out match the Vegas deadline acquisition third line of Petterson Kadri Duchene.
Vegas will give Mark Stone a contract that takes up 100% of their total cap space, allowing them to put him on infinite LTIR and buy an entirely new team each year.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Winnipeg's expected goal for was 2.16. So no he literally just did what he was supposed to do. He just doesn't look comfortable in net even when he was making the saves. The rebounds are still going all over the place. There's a saying there's difference between making saves and blocking pucks, right now he's blocking pucks.
Thats is still more than he did in game 1.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

Yep. I bet he's the guy on the team who's ass gets slapped the most by his teammates. The guy sells out in the playoffs.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Vegas will give Mark Stone a contract that takes up 100% of their total cap space, allowing them to put him on infinite LTIR and buy an entirely new team each year.
Don't give them any ideas. Next summer they're going to sign Pronger and Weber to 5 year contracts. Minimum salary and a 12 million bonus if they have 81 or more games on the LTIR.

• Wow
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Anyways, after sleeping on it I still believe Brandon Duhaime should come out as soon as it's possible. No, not for Chris Wagner or Freddie Olofsson. I believe if you're ever going to give Kovalenko a shot, here's your chance at home.

Duhaime was bad last night. Very bad. 25% Corsi, wasn't on for a single shot on goal but 7 against, 7-2 scoring chances against and 4-1 high danger. Cogliano wasn't much better but Cogliano also didn't take an idiotic 3rd period penalty AND turn a puck over with zero pressure on him resulting in a point blank slot chance against.

Yakov Trenin seems to have bought in to Bednar's system and is hounding pucks the way I thought he would in the regular season.

Sometimes I forget it takes these guys time to figure out Bednar's system and get used to it.
you make a good case but I just don't see Bednar putting him in unless forced to. Are we even sure he'd be the first forward callup having not practiced with this team.

Unrelated - moving Parise off the top line was key to last night. Worked out good for both him and Nuke. I do not understand why they stapled Zach to the top line game 1

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I think all the bottom six forwards have been great. Kiviranta may yet redeem himself for past playoff performances.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I think all the bottom six forwards have been great. Kiviranta may yet redeem himself for past playoff performances.

Kivi is about as perfect as you can have for a 13th forward in the playoffs. His regular season was up and down, but he's yet again another player that finds another gear in the post-season

Still gonna need him to score a hatty in the game we eliminate the Stars though

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
So G and Annunen are ready, and Kovalenko? Or something else?
Pretty sure the Eagles play today so might as well given them those guys back for game 1 when the Avs don’t play until Friday anyways and it’s a pretty short trip to get them back up if they need anyone Friday

Do hope this means we might get Juice and G back next game though

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Pretty sure the Eagles play today so might as well given them those guys back for game 1 when the Avs don’t play until Friday anyways and it’s a pretty short trip to get them back up if they need anyone Friday

Do hope this means we might get Juice and G back next game though
Yeah simply giving the Eagles the horses they need to compete. If they need a body, they'll call up on Friday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad