• Jets in 6

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Winnipeg's expected goal for was 2.16. So no he literally just did what he was supposed to do. He just doesn't look comfortable in net even when he was making the saves. The rebounds are still going all over the place. There's a saying there's difference between making saves and blocking pucks, right now he's blocking pucks.
So he did what he needed to? He saved the shots he was meant to? He now does his job, and he's still not good enough? I swear this place can hold a grudge like no other.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So he did what he needed to? He saved the shots he was meant to? He now does his job, and he's still not good enough? I swear this place can hold a grudge like no other.

chris-jericho-list.gif

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
That tends to happen when you were shit for 60 games and the only reason we're not up 2-0 going back to Denver.

He's the only reason this series is tied and we're supposed to pat him on the back for not shitting the bed?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Scheifele in 15 minutes vs Fatty: 23% xGF%
Scheifele in 10 minutes away from Fatty: 73% xGF%

We saw in the third the Jets did whatever they could to get away from that matchup and suddenly that line was more successful. It cannot be overstated how important a shutdown center/line can be. This is an enormous difference in this series. Especially with Lowry doing a great job on MacK. At home, MacK can be shifted away from Lowry and Mitts can be pinned to Scheifele. That should really help over the next two games.

I do expect a Winnipeg to go full passive 1-3-1 in game 3. Try to slow the game down as much as possible.

As good as Mittelstadt has been defensively, the contributions of Lehkonen and previously Nichushkin cannot be ignored either. Those are two of the best defensive forwards in the game.

Nuke, in particular, was an animal yesterday. The number of passes he picked and key clearances were enormous.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The Georgiev circlejerk on the internet is kind of sad. The standard for him is so low we feel like we need to be excited about a solid game. It's not like he stole game 2 or anything. He didn't do anything in game 2 that Annunen couldn't have done.

Feel the same. Hardly worthy of the adulation he’s getting because he, himself, set the bar so low.

Reactions: missionAvs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is not a grudge… it is knowing he gives you a good start <45% of the time. Last night was one of the 45%. Odds are high his play will be less than good in one of the next two games.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
It is not a grudge… it is knowing he gives you a good start <45% of the time. Last night was one of the 45%. Odds are high his play will be less than good in one of the next two games.
OK, but before we get into crystal balling, why can people not give him the credit he deserves for playing a good game? You've all confirmed he did well enough to make every save expected of him, but he can't get credit because he may be worse again in the future?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As good as Mittelstadt has been defensively, the contributions of Lehkonen and previously Nichushkin cannot be ignored either. Those are two of the best defensive forwards in the game.

Nuke, in particular, was an animal yesterday. The number of passes he picked and key clearances were enormous.
They certainly help which is why I put in line in there too. Mitts is actually better without Nuke on that line in these two games. That should really exemplify how well he is playing.

OK, but before we get into crystal balling, why can people not give him the credit he deserves for playing a good game? You've all confirmed he did well enough to make every save expected of him, but he can't get credit because he may be worse again in the future?
People are giving him credit…

Reactions: missionAvs

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Let’s not go fishing for issues that aren’t there. Good vibes only right now.

George cost us game 1. He had a solid game 2 and made the saves he needed to in order for us to win the game. If he plays like he did in game 2, this will be a short series.

Let’s keep it rolling.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
That's all we need. You look mad that he didn't fail. What's up with that?
Probably because he inspires no confidence whatsoever? Game 1 should've been his last game in Denver. I've accepted the fact that there's no way we'll win the cup with him in net so the sooner we get him out of there the better. Is Annunen the guy? We don't know yet but I'd like to at least give him a shot.

Annunen getting sick was the worst thing that could've happened. Georgiev should've gotten pulled in game 1 and Annunen should've come and won the game and stolen the net from there.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Probably because he inspires no confidence whatsoever? Game 1 should've been his last game in Denver. I've accepted the fact that there's no way we'll win the cup with him in net so the sooner we get him out of there the better. Is Annunen the guy? We don't know yet but I'd like to at least give him a shot.
Annunen is sick.

You have no reason not to be happy with yesterday's goaltending.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I am happy. But in a happy he didn't **** up way instead of happy he was really good way.
You are expecting this guy to steal games?

He played very well last night. The first 10 minutes could have been worse had he not settled down. I also am not one to usually cut him some slack but goal 2 was entirely on JMFJ.

The point blank save on Ehlers in the 3rd was also huge.

Give him props and be happy. Don't be looking for him to fail, because then the team fails.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
The Georgiev circlejerk on the internet is kind of sad. The standard for him is so low we feel like we need to be excited about a solid game. It's not like he stole game 2 or anything. He didn't do anything in game 2 that Annunen couldn't have done.
There once was a man named George.

Who's feelings were always ignored.

But when he stopped all the pucks.

And the Avs won the cup.

My member became quite engorged.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Not only did Georgiev play well last night, he showed some battle that we haven't seen in a while.

I think he's still on a short leash though. Bednar probably realizes he can only play the switch starters card once and is saving it.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
You are expecting this guy to steal games?

He played very well last night. The first 10 minutes could have been worse had he not settled down. I also am not one to usually cut him some slack but goal 2 was entirely on JMFJ.

The point blank save on Ehlers in the 3rd was also huge.

Give him props and be happy. Don't be looking for him to fail, because then the team fails.
Emotions flair on here and people get interesting (will 100% own also getting too wrapped up at times as well) but sometimes it seems like it gets way too carried away and some people (not accusing the poster you’re responding to of this) would rather be right than see the team succeed.

If we got Kuemper level make the saves you need for the team to win often enough to win some series, I would be thrilled no matter how much I hope we move on from Georgie in the summer

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Anyways, after sleeping on it I still believe Brandon Duhaime should come out as soon as it's possible. No, not for Chris Wagner or Freddie Olofsson. I believe if you're ever going to give Kovalenko a shot, here's your chance at home.

Duhaime was bad last night. Very bad. 25% Corsi, wasn't on for a single shot on goal but 7 against, 7-2 scoring chances against and 4-1 high danger. Cogliano wasn't much better but Cogliano also didn't take an idiotic 3rd period penalty AND turn a puck over with zero pressure on him resulting in a point blank slot chance against.

Yakov Trenin seems to have bought in to Bednar's system and is hounding pucks the way I thought he would in the regular season.

Sometimes I forget it takes these guys time to figure out Bednar's system and get used to it.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Anyways, after sleeping on it I still believe Brandon Duhaime should come out as soon as it's possible. No, not for Chris Wagner or Freddie Olofsson. I believe if you're ever going to give Kovalenko a shot, here's your chance at home.

Duhaime was bad last night. Very bad. 25% Corsi, wasn't on for a single shot on goal but 7 against, 7-2 scoring chances against and 4-1 high danger. Cogliano wasn't much better but Cogliano also didn't take an idiotic 3rd period penalty AND turn a puck over with zero pressure on him resulting in a point blank slot chance against.

Yakov Trenin seems to have bought in to Bednar's system and is hounding pucks the way I thought he would in the regular season.

Sometimes I forget it takes these guys time to figure out Bednar's system and get used to it.
Duhaime plays a heavy game and that will help if we make a long run. I'd keep him there.

Trenin is another cap casualty that I'd have love to keep at the end of the season.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

I disagree.

You take the good with the bad with Duhaime.

He’s one of the only guys willing to play on the edge and get downright dirty if needed to. He can also move up in the lineup and has arguably been the only player to show chemistry with Mittelstadt.

Along with Wood and Cogs, he’s the best skater in the bottom 6 and causes serious problems on the forecheck.

It’s playoff time so I don’t really care about fancy analytics. Eye test tells me Duhaime is a guy you want in the lineup, period.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I disagree.

You take the good with the bad with Duhaime.

He’s one of the only guys willing to play on the edge and get downright dirty if needed to. He can also move up in the lineup and has arguably been the only player to show chemistry with Mittelstadt.

Along with Wood and Cogs, he’s the best skater in the bottom 6 and causes serious problems on the forecheck.

It’s playoff time so I don’t really care about fancy analytics. Eye test tells me Duhaime is a guy you want in the lineup, period.
Yeah, the way the skaters are selling out and committing to the system, keep the lineup intact imo. They’ve all done what’s asked and well for the most part.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Yeah, the way the skaters are selling out and committing to the system, keep the lineup intact imo. They’ve all done what’s asked and well for the most part.

Yep, no changes.

If Girard can go, you definitely take out Jones or even JMFJ for him.

Up front, we don’t have any reinforcements until next round so re-evaluate who comes out if we get there. Forwards on all lines are doing their jobs well right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad