• Jets in 6

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I don’t really get the location thing either but that’s just because the time I spent a long weekend there I wanted the last 2.5 days of it back

I’m more referring to how some teams (including Vegas) are noted for amenities and how they treat the players off the ice. Kroenke is a cheapskate. Things like the Avs practice facility are pretty embarrassing really. Players care about how the team treats them off ice and it’s part of attracting free agents. Cogs more or less admitted as much in a comment about the eternal plan to replace the practice facilities and that’s one of the few Avs who has played for 3+ other teams.

As a mid size market that’s not going to be a big draw for the players (beyond wanting to play on a contender right now), Avs could use every advantage they can get. It’s really too bad Kroenke won’t pay to give them that. The biggest thing the Avs have going for them (beyond team quality) is that certainly seems to be a great and tight knit locker room. Guys who get traded here seem to love it and want to stay
We have the finest Walmart quality practice facility around. aka. Cheap ass shit.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
IMG_2980.jpeg

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I find it amusing reading Jets fans posting “where did our team go that played in game 1?!?!”

Did they actually think they dominated game 1? We outshot them 46-23 literally doubled them and had way more scoring chances. We didn’t even receive Junior level goaltending that game. Other than goaltending, we owned them every single shift and were the far better team.

Same shit last night except we got the decent goaltending.

That team CANNOT skate with us. They are two steps behind every line we throw out there and get overwhelmed when we spend countless amounts of time in their zone.

They have an immobile defense other than JM, they have no forwards who scare me, and their Vezina goalie is absolutely terrified of the Avs forwards at this point.

We controlled both games in Winnipeg and head home full of confidence.

I said Avs in 6 and stick by it. Home team wins the next 4 games.
nailed it.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I think they win both at home. I bet Jets are a little flustered. They've been decent but have also been outplayed for nearly 90% of the series so far. Even last night in the 3rd when they were finally the ones consistently tilting the ice the Avs responded very well and played them tight. They didn't have much going on.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I'm going to go out on a limb here to praise George. I've noticed a couple of comments that he doesn't deserve praise after his game 1 performance. But I would argue the exact opposite. He deserves more. The guy was lacking confidence, he was in his own head and had a terrible terrible game. The media, and the fans were all over him like a powerful moss. They were tearing him to shreds. Bednar confirmed he saw what social media was saying. All the pressure in the world was on him and he stepped up and did his job and did it well. I have a lot of respect for that. When everything and everyone was against him, he f***ing nailed it. If any of the fans calling for his demise had a day at work like he did, they would call in sick or quit. He took it on the chin and stepped up on the biggest stage and did his f***ing job.

I hope he can build on this. But he gets full credit from me for dealing with the torrent of shit he earned after his game 1 performance.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Looking outside of Georgiev's terrible performance in game 1, you really couldn't ask for much more from the Avs in the opening two games on the road. The defensive breakdowns from game 1 were cleaned up quite a bit, zero problem with the offense. The Jets are quite lucky, thanks to Georgiev, they're not down 0-2 heading to Colorado.

1713965614373.png

1713965624768.png

I can't wait to see Bednar get MacKinnon/Rantanen away from Lowry and Morissey back in Denver. Sheifele is screwed. IF, and that's a huge if, Georgiev can maintain that level of play from last night the Avs should win this series. They're low key dominating the Jets 5v5 even with all the disadvantages of being on the road.

But it's Georgiev...

The biggest surprise of this series so far is how dog shit Hellebuyck has been. I heard rumors that he's a terrible postseason goalie and so far I'd tend to agree.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I don’t really get the location thing either but that’s just because the time I spent a long weekend there I wanted the last 2.5 days of it back

I’m more referring to how some teams (including Vegas) are noted for amenities and how they treat the players off the ice. Kroenke is a cheapskate. Things like the Avs practice facility are pretty embarrassing really. Players care about how the team treats them off ice and it’s part of attracting free agents. Cogs more or less admitted as much in a comment about the eternal plan to replace the practice facilities and that’s one of the few Avs who has played for 3+ other teams.

As a mid size market that’s not going to be a big draw for the players (beyond wanting to play on a contender right now), Avs could use every advantage they can get. It’s really too bad Kroenke won’t pay to give them that. The biggest thing the Avs have going for them (beyond team quality) is that certainly seems to be a great and tight knit locker room. Guys who get traded here seem to love it and want to stay

Very good point

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Scheifele in 15 minutes vs Fatty: 23% xGF%
Scheifele in 10 minutes away from Fatty: 73% xGF%

We saw in the third the Jets did whatever they could to get away from that matchup and suddenly that line was more successful. It cannot be overstated how important a shutdown center/line can be. This is an enormous difference in this series. Especially with Lowry doing a great job on MacK. At home, MacK can be shifted away from Lowry and Mitts can be pinned to Scheifele. That should really help over the next two games.

I do expect a Winnipeg to go full passive 1-3-1 in game 3. Try to slow the game down as much as possible.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Georgiev circlejerk on the internet is kind of sad. The standard for him is so low we feel like we need to be excited about a solid game. It's not like he stole game 2 or anything. He didn't do anything in game 2 that Annunen couldn't have done.
Fans will be fans... you knew it would happen the second he played ok. He'll crumble again, you just hope the Avs have a 3-1 lead at that point or are already in the 2nd round.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Scheifele in 15 minutes vs Fatty: 23% xGF%
Scheifele in 10 minutes away from Fatty: 73% xGF%

We saw in the third the Jets did whatever they could to get away from that matchup and suddenly that line was more successful. It cannot be overstated how important a shutdown center/line can be. This is an enormous difference in this series. Especially with Lowry doing a great job on MacK. At home, MacK can be shifted away from Lowry and Mitts can be pinned to Scheifele. That should really help over the next two games.

I do expect a Winnipeg to go full passive 1-3-1 in game 3. Try to slow the game down as much as possible.
I’m surprised we haven’t seen Winnipeg go full trap/clog the neutral zone yet. Im guessing Bowness thought he could use the matchups to his advantage while at home?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Call me a pessimist but I think Winnipeg will play quite well in Denver. Idk what it is about playing at home in Canada but it has got to be insanely difficult to deal with that pressure.

No pressure on them in Denver.

Reactions: missionAvs

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
The Georgiev circlejerk on the internet is kind of sad. The standard for him is so low we feel like we need to be excited about a solid game. It's not like he stole game 2 or anything. He didn't do anything in game 2 that Annunen couldn't have done.
I think what is more sad is those who cannot recognize he had a very solid game considering the context of everything that has happened in the last 48 hours, because of their hateboners.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I’m surprised we haven’t seen Winnipeg go full trap/clog the neutral zone yet. Im guessing Bowness thought he could use the matchups to his advantage while at home?
They haven't had the lead long enough to really do it much. It isn't typical to shut down with a 1 goal lead in the 1st or 2nd... really you need a 2 or 3 and that hasn't been there for them. They got it early in the 3rd in game 1, but that was devolving into firewagon hockey at that point. Last night they couldn't get that 2 goal lead to have the safety net. Along with that, they (correctly) thought that Lowry could handle MacK. They just didn't expect Mitts to return the favor. I expect they will change up not having the line matching.

Golden Foppa

Nov 13, 2002
Boulder, CO
Visit site
Credit to Georgiev for not mentally caving and for not blowing the game last night. If I'm Bednar I still have him on an extremely short leash and I am quick to give him the hook with Annunen presumably getting healthier.

The Avs are very clearly the better team in this series. They just need goaltending that doesn't f*** it up for them.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
NHL and NFL players love it in Denver. Notice how many retire here, even those with short tenures like Peyton Manning and Pierre Turgeon.
For the guys that get there and love Denver, they really love Denver. It’s the getting them there I wish Kroenke would do more about

Despite all the people who like to argue about it (and I get why market draw wise they’re different) after living in Van for almost a decade (did move away almost a decade ago though), trip to Denver to see the Avs very much reminded me of Vancouver without the ocean. Felt like it might as well have been the same place

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
0.933 save % while giving up a bunch of high danger chances is damn good man. We gave him hell when he sucked he can get some credit when he's good. Not only that we also titled him mentally weak and he bounced back from a rough outing quite exceptionally.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
NHL and NFL players love it in Denver. Notice how many retire here, even those with short tenures like Peyton Manning and Pierre Turgeon.
Living in Denver at 35+ is much different than living in Denver at 22-27. Ryan Kesler lives in Denver despite never playing here. He even did towards the end of his career in the offseason.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Call me a pessimist but I think Winnipeg will play quite well in Denver. Idk what it is about playing at home in Canada but it has got to be insanely difficult to deal with that pressure.

No pressure on them in Denver.

I think both teams will play better. As we know Colorado has an extra gear at mile high. The depth guys who thrive off high energy hockey are going to love being at home.

Georgiev crumbling is still my biggest concern. I’m happy for him, having a solid outing, but I’m not sold.

I believe the Avs, even quite shorthanded due to injury are better than the Jets.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
For the guys that get there and love Denver, they really love Denver. It’s the getting them there I wish Kroenke would do more about

Despite all the people who like to argue about it (and I get why market draw wise they’re different) after living in Van for almost a decade (did move away almost a decade ago though), trip to Denver to see the Avs very much reminded me of Vancouver without the ocean. Felt like it might as well have been the same place
And with a ball of fire in sky.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I think what is more sad is those who cannot recognize he had a very solid game considering the context of everything that has happened in the last 48 hours, because of their hateboners.
Winnipeg's expected goal for was 2.16. So no he literally just did what he was supposed to do. He just doesn't look comfortable in net even when he was making the saves. The rebounds are still going all over the place. There's a saying there's difference between making saves and blocking pucks, right now he's blocking pucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad