• Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Definitely

Georgie sucks in game 1 you move on. You lose game 1 with George playing well but the team coming up short you stick with him another game. You lose both in Winnipeg but Georgie has played well, that’s a tough one for game 3 because you still might need the shakeup even if he hasn’t been the problem
I think if they lose both in Winnipeg but Georgiev is solid in both games, they should go with him again in game 3 and try to fix whatever the reason was for losing.

Now the tricky part would be, what if Avs win game 1 but Georgiev is bad? Like if we win 5-4 or 6-5 and Georgiev per usual is sub 900. Who do you play in game 2? Knowing Bednar, he’ll go back to Georgiev since Avs won

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I have spawned lots of children so I have plenty of people to wipe my ass and bathe me when I'm old.

Long-term planning.
This is the weirdest way to brag about having sex....

P1QYppj.gif

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I think if they lose both in Winnipeg but Georgiev is solid in both games, they should go with him again in game 3 and try to fix whatever the reason was for losing.

Now the tricky part would be, what if Avs win game 1 but Georgiev is bad? Like if we win 5-4 or 6-5 and Georgiev per usual is sub 900. Who do you play in game 2? Knowing Bednar, he’ll go back to Georgiev since Avs won
I'd take this problem over leaving Winnipeg 0-2 for sure. The one team that the Avs haven't been able to outscore their defensive problems all season is the Jets. I don't think that changes Sunday.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
It’s gonna be a tough series for the avs. I’m gonna guess 4-2 jets hope I’m wrong

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Its wild how quick things change. For the last 4-5 years the Avs were the darlings of all these pundits (sans Dave Poulin who picked Nashville to beat the Avs in 22). Today? They are literally laughing at the Avs chances against the Jets. Jason Gregor and Craig Button were literally cackling talking about the Avs chances and Button spouted off Fourgievs Sv% the last 6-7 starts. A gorgeous .829. Rob Brown calls Fourgiev 'George V' George the 5th. Normally, I would take offense to the disrespect but you know what its well earned.

The biggest reason for the ridicule and mockery by the talking heads and people on Twitter is because of one thing. Fourgiev. In 2 seasons Fourgiev has turned this once powerhouse team into a joke. The Avs are a notch above teams like Washington and the Islanders in terms of respect right now in these playoffs from everyone. Its kinda crazy but I understand it. Fourgiev can do something very funny this round but we all know hes incapable of it.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
How did we go from cup favourite to swept in first round in a week? Everyone on here gonna feel pretty stupid when the Avs put out the Jets.
One reason and one reason alone. The guy that loves #4

I do not have a good feeling about game 1. I am expecting an absolute monster beat down. Thinking 5-1 or 6-1.
Its going to be bad. The first 5 minutes of that game is going to resemble the opening scene of Enemy At the Gates.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Its wild how quick things change. For the last 4-5 years the Avs were the darlings of all these pundits (sans Dave Poulin who picked Nashville to beat the Avs in 22). Today? They are literally laughing at the Avs chances against the Jets. Jason Gregor and Craig Button were literally cackling talking about the Avs chances and Button spouted off Fourgievs Sv% the last 6-7 starts. A gorgeous .829. Rob Brown calls Fourgiev 'George V' George the 5th. Normally, I would take offense to the disrespect but you know what its well earned.

The biggest reason for the ridicule and mockery by the talking heads and people on Twitter is because of one thing. Fourgiev. In 2 seasons Fourgiev has turned this once powerhouse team into a joke. The Avs are a notch above teams like Washington and the Islanders in terms of respect right now in these playoffs from everyone. It’s kinda crazy but I understand it. Fourgiev can do something very funny this round but we all know hes incapable of it.
Georgiev is the biggest issue, no one gonna argue that, but this team is just not the same as it was in 22. I thought we are as deep as that team was after the trade deadline, but it just hasn’t come together as such.

We lost couple of very key players from 22 team. Kadri, Landy. We also had EJ and his leadership back then. This is just not the same team. We certainly don’t play the same team game like we did in cup year. We could score, we could defend, we were a complete team. Not so much this year. We can score but we can’t defend, and add to that a goalie who sucks, it’s understandable why people are down on the Avs

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Georgiev is the biggest issue, no one gonna argue that, but this team is just not the same as it was in 22. I thought we are as deep as that team was after the trade deadline, but it just hasn’t come together such as.

We lost couple of very key players from 22 team. Kadri, Landy. We also had EJ and his leadership back then. This is just not the same team. We certainly don’t play the same team game like we did in cup year. We could score, we could defend, we were a complete team. Not so much this year and add to that a goalie who sucks, it’s understandable why people are down on the Avs
The team last year also wasnt close to that 2022 team but the Avs werent being openly mocked like they are now. The reason for the disrespect is Fourgiev and like I said earlier I really cant blame people for it. A few of my coworkers printed out Fourgievs numbers and posted it all over my office this morning and I couldnt even argue it which sucked.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
How did we go from cup favourite to swept in first round in a week? Everyone on here gonna feel pretty stupid when the Avs put out the Jets.
I don't think anyone seriously believes that, but I do remember that disastrous game we lost not so long time ago.. Let's wait and see. First game will tell a lot.

Vegas, the city (bookies) not the team, disagreed with you, at least at some points of this season.
Yep. We were favourites before the season. At least in Euro bookies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad