• Jets in 6

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I have spawned lots of children so I have plenty of people to wipe my ass and bathe me when I'm old.

Long-term planning.
If I'm still alive when I'm that age I'll be foraging for scraps in bins in the post-nuclear wasteland, so it's a moot point.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
You need to put your foot down(not on the puppy).

I told my wife before we even got married, I will forever have 3 commitments that I won’t compromise on:

1. Avalanche games
2. FC Porto games
3. Golfing with my friends early Sunday mornings
Did you tell her those commitments as part of your wows? If so, brave man and you have become our hero.

I told my wife-to-be I was committing as well but I never specified what exactly. What a surprise she had after the wedding!!!!

Did you try telling her "NO!"?

:sarcasm:
Don't you know?.........You are not supposed to used to word No anymore because it is too negative...with children anyway. What a load of BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: BrickNHL

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Desperate times like these make you wish you still had "playoff" Ryjo on the roster.
No.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's crazy how absolutely no expert acknowledge the presence of Mittelstadt when they make their predictions. Avs are always about the top line and Makar...like we have 0 depth.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

tshack

Apr 27, 2014
Honestly, I really like our chances in this series as long as we score 5+ goals per game.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Honestly, I really like our chances in this series as long as we score 5+ goals per game.
That might still not be enough. George allowed 26 goals in his last six starts, going 1-3-1 with a 5.69 GAA and .840 save percentage. It might take 6+ per game. Good luck doing that against Helly. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If George starts game 1 he has to be on the shortest leash possible right? He's been given and entire month to fix his game and instead puts up his worst stretch as an Avalanche. Bednar isn't going to publicly say this, but now that there is something to play for you gotta go with the best possible player to give the team in front of his a shot.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If George starts game 1 he has to be on the shortest leash possible right? He's been given and entire month to fix his game and instead puts up his worst stretch as an Avalanche. Bednar isn't going to publicly say this, but now that there is something to play for you gotta go with the best possible player to give the team in front of his a shot.
IMO it will take two bad games early. Once you turn away from George, you can’t go back. So gotta be careful about turning away. Sucks, but that’s the reality of George.

Reactions: The Moops

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
IMO it will take two bad games early. Once you turn away from George, you can’t go back. So gotta be careful about turning away. Sucks, but that’s the reality of George.
One bad game and I think the Avs still have a shot to figure it out and find a way against this Jets team. Two bad games... waste of 7 days becomes a possible reality.

I know it is one of the things this board has harped on Bednar (and George) all season, but damn it would suck to lose round 1 because George blows two straight games to start the series

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
One bad game and I think the Avs still have a shot to figure it out and find a way against this Jets team. Two bad games... waste of 7 days becomes a possible reality.

I know it is one of the things this board has harped on Bednar (and George) all season, but damn it would suck to lose round 1 because George blows two straight games to start the series
Don’t disagree at all… just the reality of George as a teammate creeps into this. There is a high chance of volatility that can’t be covered up if you turn away from him.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Have we figured out yet how to get that simulator from Silo for Georgie’s mask to make him think the other team is the Rangers?

(It’s been a year. If you haven’t seen it then you weren’t going to so it’s not really a spoiler)
Don't worry you didn't spoil me, I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Reactions: UncleRisto

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Bednar starts Annunen in game 1 he can forget Georgiev for the rest of the playoffs if things go south because he won’t accept it.

The opposite is not true though.

So Bednar gotta start with Georgiev to have 2 shots.
Yeah, the Avs goal should be win at least one in Winnipeg. If Avs lose game 1 and it’s mostly on Georgiev, then they need to start Annunen in game 2. If Avs lose a close one and Georgiev plays good, go with him again in game 2.

Reactions: GeoRox89

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Yeah, the Avs goal should be win at least one in Winnipeg. If Avs lose game 1 and it’s mostly on Georgiev, then they need to start Annunen for game 2. If Avs lose a close one and Georgiev plays good, go with him again in game 2.
Definitely

Georgie sucks in game 1 you move on. You lose game 1 with George playing well but the team coming up short you stick with him another game. You lose both in Winnipeg but Georgie has played well, that’s a tough one for game 3 because you still might need the shakeup even if he hasn’t been the problem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad