• Total voters

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

1713462811911.png

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Rick Bowness is the key here, when the Stars had him the AVs got owned by them. Now he's with the Jets its no coincidence the Jets are much better vs the Avs this year. Bednar needs to figure that out
Define owned? When they met in the playoffs the Avs took that Rick Bowness team 7 games with a 3rd string goalie, no EJ, and missing Landeskog for game 7.

Reactions: GeoRox89

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
So everyone who is saying the Avs will lose won’t be watching the games right?
yep, just like I didn't watch every single game in the 1st Bednar season.
Can't remember who it was, but I am grateful that they taught me you could only watch games if you are a fan and think the team will win.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I'll be betting against the Avs in the playoff bracket and player draft I do - it's a win win defense mechanism I do.

Reactions: the_fan

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Define owned? When they met in the playoffs the Avs took that Rick Bowness team 7 games with a 3rd string goalie, no EJ, and missing Landeskog for game 7.
Good, it’s not just me who is genuinely confused by this narrative. The Jets absolutely play a system that should give the Avs fits and do it well and I have near zero confidence we can win this series. That said they were 1 goal away from winning that Dallas series after being down 3-1 so suggesting Bowness has historically ‘owned’ this team (outside this season) is a bit odd.

DeBoer beating this team with both the Sharks and Vegas is more a coach that seems to have Bednar’s number.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Then I lost respect for Bowness when his team lost the next round and he blamed injuries
Bowness is a decent to good coach who comes up short in the end and has somehow become very overrated

Dallas - loses to Tampa and obviously its injuries fault not just that the Stars were on a Cinderella run.

As the D and PK coach for the Bolts - loses to the pseudo dynasty Hawks and even though it went 6 it just never really felt like the Bolts could win it. The year after he leaves is the sweep and then the year after is when they turn god tier defence in front of Vasi.

As the D and PK coach for the Canucks - we all saw that absolute debacle of a Finals in 2011 though 8 goals in 7 games wasn’t his fault. Blaming that series on Luongo when he had to have 2 shutouts and a 2GA game for them to even get to game 7 is stupid. They also got destroyed by the Kings in 5 games as the President’s trophy winner then swept by the Sharks of all teams. They literally had to bring in Mellanson to completely change Luongo’s game to play deeper because the Bowness D was leaving him too vulnerable to cross crease passes

Reactions: the_fan

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I hope there's a game 7 so Nate can win one in his career. But I'm so very not optimistic about this series! Maybe good Cale will arrive again

Reactions: katfude

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It won't last past the first round, we'll either be golfing or a shoe-in for the cup. No in-between with how they've been playing
Half the guys already booked tee times for the 28th. They know.

I hope there's a game 7 so Nate can win one in his career. But I'm so very not optimistic about this series! Maybe good Cale will arrive again
I promise you you wont have to worry about Nathan losing another Game 7. I guarantee it.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I really hope this team embraces the role of underdogs and goes out swinging game 1. That's the only thing giving me some optimism for the series.

My only reservation is this team has had a massive makeover since the prior cup run (including all the prior post season losses). The new group hasn't struggled and battled through the adversity with the core guys. We'll find out soon enough which one of the new guys is just a fraud or should stick around longer.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sunday is gonna be a long day. Pre game beers at 930. 2-3 beers during the bolts game. Beg the wife to get me 5 burgers after the first game. Pound a 6 pack of lite beers during the Rags. Regret life a bit. Order a pizza. Drink another 6 pack. Pass out. Hopefully catch the end Canucks. Nightcap.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Sunday is gonna be a long day. Pre game beers at 930. 2-3 beers during the bolts game. Beg the wife to get me 5 burgers after the first game. Pound a 6 pack of lite beers during the Rags. Regret life a bit. Order a pizza. Drink another 6 pack. Pass out. Hopefully catch the end Canucks. Nightcap.
God I miss those days sometimes. Never miss the morning after though.

Reactions: katfude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad