Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't think Georgiev was impressive, but he was OK for 4 games. That should be enough in the next round, but I'm terrified to see him against the Oilers in the WCF.
He made the big saves when he needed to after game 1. Also outdueled this year’s Vezina winner. Can’t ask for much more than that.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Never in doubt
1714578146699.png

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
He made the big saves when he needed to after game 1. Also outdueled this year’s Vezina winner. Can’t ask for much more than that.
Agreed.

In the last four games of the series George had: 2GAA, 117 shots against, 8 goals, 0.931SV%.

Those are really high-end numbers, only Shesterkin, Swayman and Woll* have similar numbers in the playoffs so far. He had a f***ing abysmal first game we can all acknowledge. But if this was anyone other than George no one would be saying he did just "OK".

* Woll has only started one game.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
So strange that Winnipeg was this year’s Jennings winner, have the presumptive Vezina winner in net, set NHL records for defensive stinginess, and yet had a surprisingly terrible penalty kill. What gives?
Jets poor defensive execution in the POs. You already know the RS means nothing. Remember when the Avs won the President’s Trophy and lost to the VGK.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Fourgiev found a friend.

IMO the winner of Stars/Knights vs Avs is mostly going to come down to which goalie shits the bed the least. Avs have more game breaking talent, Vegas is the deepest and most physical, Stars are nearly as deep with the highest ceiling in net.

Vegas fans were writing that this seasons team lacks hunger for the wins(after loss vs Dallas). Similar issues when we lost vs Seattle I would say. We were more interested in having after parties than winning.

Reactions: Chiarelli

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Agreed.

In the last four games of the series George had: 2GAA, 117 shots against, 8 goals, 0.931SV%.

Those are really high-end numbers, only Shesterkin, Swayman and Woll* have similar numbers in the playoffs so far. He had a f***ing abysmal first game we can all acknowledge. But if this was anyone other than George no one would be saying he did just "OK".

* Woll has only started one game.
He did good. Obviously has the ability. Just keep it up. Situation illustrates just how were lucky the Avs were to have Francouz as Kuemper’s backup.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
it is sorta baffling that a team that won a cup using two goaltenders for separate stretches went into this post season the way they did

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I'd like to see al little less "OMG how did Helle collapse like that! WHAT A DUMBASS!" and a little more "Holy shit, even Supreme Commander Vezina of the Holy Order of Defensive Juggernauts got absolutely PROLAPSED by the supernova that is this relentless, generational Avalanche offense"

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I'd like to see al little less "OMG how did Helle collapse like that! WHAT A DUMBASS!" and a little more "Holy shit, even Supreme Commander Vezina of the Holy Order of Defensive Juggernauts got absolutely PROLAPSED by the supernova that is this relentless, generational Avalanche offense"
Wouldn't we all?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad