WCQF: (2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (3) Minnesota Wild | Winnipeg Leads Series 3-1

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
It's been 22 years since the Jets made the playoffs (apart from the one time a few years ago). How many Jets fans on this board do you think are under 22?

I mean, the Jets have made the playoffs now three times since the season I was born. I think it's fair to say there are a some Jets fans new to playoff hockey and the emotion that comes with it. And in this specific instance he did also say some Wild fans aren't handling it well either. Relax man. He wasn't taking personal shots and he wasn't generalizing your entire fanbase.

Do you think that Jets fans just gave up on hockey when Winnipeg lost their team?
Pro tip, not very many became Phoenix fans either.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
This series is like a tennis match, whoever breaks first should win.

Luckily the Jets have home ice advantage so if no one breaks, there is no tiebreaker, we win :)

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I felt like the Jets threw in the towel for the entire third period last game. Maybe to save energy for this one.

I'm still expecting the Jets to close this out in 5, but I will gladly be surprised if we manage to even it up tonight.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yes they must win tonight, a lose would be huge. Epic battle between two good teams and home team champs. Good luck as always, let the best team win and hope for no injuries or suspensions.

PS: It’s shorts & t-shirt weather here last couple days.....hope you guys lose the snow soon. :)

50-60 degrees by the weekend.

Reactions: Hunter368

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's been 22 years since the Jets made the playoffs (apart from the one time a few years ago). How many Jets fans on this board do you think are under 22?

I mean, the Jets have made the playoffs now three times since the season I was born. I think it's fair to say there are a some Jets fans new to playoff hockey and the emotion that comes with it. And in this specific instance he did also say some Wild fans aren't handling it well either. Relax man. He wasn't taking personal shots and he wasn't generalizing your entire fanbase.

A good portion of Jets fans went to other Canadian teams during that time. Some went to other American teams. I just jumped on any Canadian team that was going far. I was on the Flames bandwagon in 04, Oilers bandwagon in 06, Sens bandwagon in 07 and was living in Vancouver during the Canucks 2011 run. Jets fans likely aren't new to playoff hockey. We just care more than most other fan bases because there is f*** all else to do.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

You could say that about most fan bases being young as well & having new fans.
A lot of the immature comments confirm that on the HF main boards.
Many of us have followed the various incarnations of the Jet's since 1972 & other teams before that, so to call our fan base new to playoffs is not any more accurate than many other fan bases.
I'm not taking it personal it's that your point isn't well made.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i don't know why people are questioning Jets fans devotion. Xcel had a bunch of people down from WPG throughout the season when they didn't have a team Not just nights Canadian teams were playing, either. That's a long trip.

Reactions: libertarian

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul
Just say bad things about Spurgeon, LaPanta/Greenlay are awesome TV guys, Vegas expansion draft, or anything nice about Norm Green. Those are the triggers for Wild fans emotions. :popcorn:

People on the Wild board defend LaPanta and Greenlay? I don't hate Lapanta. He isn't very good, but isn't terrible. Greenlay on the other hand. He sucks. So much better when Walz does the color.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I expect a much better game by the Jets tonight. They will be more settled without the same day travel of Sunday's game. Think this is a good test for them. The wild are tough at home. This will be a spirited game.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
yup, jets will be harder tonight. i expect we'll see bodies flying.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
People on the Wild board defend LaPanta and Greenlay? I don't hate Lapanta. He isn't very good, but isn't terrible. Greenlay on the other hand. He sucks. So much better when Walz does the color.
Wild fans tend to be "eh" on Lapanta, but they're about ready to hang Greenlay in effigy.

I don't get what people like about Walz calling games, though.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm shocked Foligno wasn't suspended for that dirty hit on Myers.

As a Jets fan and a guy who’s played hockey for many years as well as other sports.....it wasn’t a suspendable action imo. I wouldn’t even call it dirty, imo Foligno was falling and wanted to ensure Myers was tangled up as well so he made a punching motion towards his leg with the intent to trip him accidentally on purpose.....but certainly not injury him. Unfortunatel result for the Jets without doubt but that happens at times in hockey

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

You pretty much nailed the consensus, though a lot of people don't like how much Walz rambles. His point though is that no one defends those guys.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I’m still waiting to see the Jets play to their full potential, I would say for short periods we’ve seen them at about 80% the rest of the time has been only about 60-70%. Hope to see them fired up, pissed off and come out at 100% or close to it. A win on the road would be a massive positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad