WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks | Sharks Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I have a long history of picking NHL playoff series as well as NFL games and MLB playoff series and am very good at it. My picks for this matchup is as follows:

Ducks in 6

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Should be a good one! If SJ can get back to playing how they were when we first got Kane, I'll take the sharks in 5.

If they play like they have the last five, Ducks in 5.

I'm guessing it'll be somewhere between the two, so my Homer glasses say SJ in 6, but it could easily go ANA in 6.

Reactions: Phu

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If the Sharks lose, it won't be because of trends. It'll be because of the underlying reason for the trend, injuries. This team is banged up. So are the Ducks, but it feels like the Sharks having Thornton out and Kane Hurt is worse than Gibson and Fowler out.

The underlying reason for the trend is that the Sharks have one of the worst 3rd pairings in the NHL due to Dylan DeMelo, a player that will undoubtedly do even worse in the playoffs than he did in the regular season.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Idk we iced beauchmin and bieska together

Both these teams are icing less than optimal lineups with defensemen that probably shouldn't be in. Realistically, Paul Martin and Dylan DeMelo are going to tilt the ice a lot less than Beauchemin and Bieksa, but both could wind up costing their team the series.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Thornton and Kane both individually change the complexion of the Sharks. To have them both out or ineffective ... very suboptimal.
The Sharks are a mediocre team without either of those guys, especially with the roster decisions the coach makes.

As for when Thornton will be back, I say he's back when the team looks desperate. Game 3 if they lose both games in Ana, or if they win one and lose game 3 at home, game 4. If they have house money or are looking dominant in any event, he will sit.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
sharks generally dont make it to 2 wins, when they lose they tend to do it without much push back. On the plus side you guys have an average team that likely wont make playoffs but luckily you guys kill it in the draf.... oh wait.... thats wrong and your prospect pool is weak. Time to sell and rebuild

After reading comments like these all season by certain fans, I'm also kind of excited to face the Ducks, it's a good test right away, if the Sharks can beat them when they are healthy, then we got ourselves a nice potential run!

I say this series goes to 7.

Good luck Duck fans!

Reactions: Getz2perry

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Sharks always play the ducks tough, I think we will win especially if Thornton / Kane are injured but it won’t be easy and we will have some huge scars.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Sharks always play the ducks tough, I think we will win especially if Thornton / Kane are injured but it won’t be easy and we will have some huge scars.
Sharks haven't finished a hit in a month so you'll probably be okay.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
tenor.gif

Seriously? We’re missing our best player and the player who brought the team back to life in March is playing injured and useless. You’re missing your #3D and a goaltender who actually isn’t an upgrade on Miller against the Sharks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Seriously? We’re missing our best player and the player who brought the team back to life in March is playing injured and useless. You’re missing your #3D and a goaltender who actually isn’t an upgrade on Miller against the Sharks.

Fowler is our #1 at least based on mins and our coach. And if you watched anaheim at all this year gibson was by far our mvp.

Thornton was having a pretty eh season, and while kane has done well its basically equivalent to us not having eaves... which we wont. Either way i dont see injuries as an excuse... we both made playoffs leave it all out on the ice and the better team will win.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Fowler is our #1 at least based on mins and our coach. And if you watched anaheim at all this year gibson was by far our mvp.

Thornton was having a pretty eh season, and while kane has done well its basically equivalent to us not having eaves... which we wont.
Facing Sharks fans like this is just a masterclass in pre-loading excuses for losing. They have so, SO much practice at it.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Thornton was having a pretty eh season, and while kane has done well its basically equivalent to us not having eaves... which we wont.

Fowler is not your #1D. Full stop. Just because Randy treats him like he isn’t doesn’t mean he is. Lindholm and Manson are clearly better. And again, I say the Gibson thing because Ryan Miller has a long history of owning the Sharks, which I’ve already made a tongue-in-cheek-but-also-serious point about. Never mind the fact that you will have Gibson back by all indications.

It’s good to know that a 63 point pace is an “eh season” and Patrick Eaves is as good as Evander Kane, though. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad