• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
This isn't their first meeting right?

no, last time around they had Niedermeyer. Coupled with the Oilers handing them Pronger for a bag of pucks and some Blackhawks-level cap circumvention by convincing Selanne to sit out half the season, it didn't go too well for the Sharks.

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Honestly shocked the ducks wormed their way into home ice a week ago it seemed inconceivable.

Anyways the ducks chances solely depend on Gibson's health. Seems overly simplistic but true

it seems like every damn year you guys somehow go on a win streak and either take second for first in the division.

anyway, im looking forward to this series. sharks will pull it off in 6

also edit: im beyond happy im not watching another series against the kings

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
I am a sad pupper now.

I love Thornton and would hate to see his team lose in the first round, but what can you do

8inblack

Apr 28, 2009
Hesperia, CA
Honestly don't think Ducks players or management care what happens this year. Everyone has their eyes on this cores final year of the window next year, and they want to hit it as healthy as possible. I see the sharks winning this series easily. Ducks won't bring playoff intensity.

Sharks in 5.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
We've all hated him since his Canuck days :) I respect Getzlaf greatly though and was even rooting for you guys against the Oilers last year. Hope it's a good series and nobody gets hurt

Same, I was also rooting for the Ducks last year against Edmonton. Watching them come back from down 3-0 with my mom is a vivid memory I will never forget. When it was 3-0, the announcer said "the Ducks are trying to claw their way back into this game" and my mom was like "yeah, not really, they're probably just trying to make it less of a joke" or something along those lines. And then the epic ensued! :)

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Yeah except Thornton has been out since January along with a bunch of other key players but don’t let facts slow you down.

The first half of the season saw Anaheim lose pretty much their entire Top 6 forwards, Top 4 defensemen, and both goaltenders for extended periods. Injuries are no excuse.

no, last time around they had Niedermeyer. Coupled with the Oilers handing them Pronger for a bag of pucks and some Blackhawks-level cap circumvention by convincing Selanne to sit out half the season, it didn't go too well for the Sharks.

Selanne played 65 games that season. You're thinking of the season before that when we both lost to the Stars.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

so just like how you guys got thornton for a bag of pucks?

and selanne sat out half the season in 07-08

try again

anyways, i don't have a good feeling about this series. the sharks have a scary team this season. i'll be more confident if gibson is healthy in time for game 1, although not having fowler really sucks

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I like the Sharks in this one.

Ducks are also the last time I want to see make a run, want nothing more than them to get knocked out 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad