WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland of Gilead

The Gunslinger
May 18, 2007
Dark Tower
Ducks offence is very average, too many freeloaders like Perry. Offence and lack of it is the biggest problem, has been the whole year. Those stats don't lie.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks offence is very average, too many freeloaders like Perry. Offence and lack of it is the biggest problem, has been the whole year. Those stats don't lie.

We play an out dated system, with players that arnt really made for todays nhl.

Even with a new coach, thr team is just too slow and lacks high end skill players

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
We play an out dated system, with players that arnt really made for todays nhl.

Even with a new coach, thr team is just too slow and lacks high end skill players

Lindholm, Getzlaf, Gibson, Rakell are all high end skill players. You would probably have a better high end skill speed core than the Sharks if your GM traded for Kane tbh.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm, Getzlaf, Gibson, Rakell are all high end skill players. You would probably have a better high end skill speed core than the Sharks if your GM traded for Kane tbh.
Well ive been very out spoken bout that trade or lack of.

Grabner kane vanek nash... was really no reason to not snag 1

But our system is just bad and the team is undisiplined... sharks have put on a clinic playing against dump and chase

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How is SJ doing so good, their team is pretty underwhelming.

Imagine if they win. Marleau will have nightmares for years.

Nobody out underwhelms RC, but jones plays great in postseason , their defense has been top notch, their forwards have made the best of their chances, and their coach has outcoached RC, winni g the special teams battle and they bought at the deadline and we stayed pat and kane has been arguably the best player in the series.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You'll never hear me bragging about a 3-0 series lead.... ain't over till it's over but definitely in a good spot
Oh ya ducks have no buisness winning this seried they been out matched at every posistion, coach, gm, players etc.. but you never know.

I dont think you can beat playoff jones 4 straight tho, very comfortable posistion for sj, maybe if we get swept theyll make some changes around here

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Crazy how unpredictable the playoffs are. I probably would’ve picked the Pacific series as the ones least likely to be 3-0, but here we are

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
I expected this series to be close either way, boy was I wrong. This team is a mess and this series will hopefully lead to the firing of the entire coaching staff.

Good luck in the semis Sharks. Keep California in the conference finals!

Reactions: ohcomeonref

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I hate when coaches do that... though, when you rehired Carlisle, most fans of other Pacific Division teams were very excited about the hiring.

The only ones not excited were the majority of Ducks fans.

Amazing that Anaheim hasn't reached at least a Cup final the last five seasons or so. While the Kings have paid for some trade deadline misfires, they also struck gold twice and now you've got SJ doing it with Kane.

I've always been relieved that Murray generally sits on his hands at the deadline while holding good prospects and multiple picks. Never really went all in and they've come up just agonizingly short a few times.

San Jose has won the Cup a few times after Round One. They really come out flying some years and look unbeatable.

TheDanceOfMaternity

Jul 13, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I’ve seen the sharks

Sweep (2013)
Win in 5 (2010)
Lose 2 games but win in 6 (2004)
Lose 3 games but win in 7 (2011)
And blow it (2014) when up 3-0

I feel like the ducks are a team where nothing bad ever happens to them and the sharks are the exact opposite, but we’ll see!

Reactions: Tkachuk4MVP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->