WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks | Sharks Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
FYI apparently in the post-game presser RC is putting a lot of blame on Montour.

And coaching isn't our problem eh?

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
FYI apparently in the post-game presser RC is putting a lot of blame on Montour.

And coaching isn't our problem eh?

Really? Besides falling down once, what has he done worse than any other player? I thought he'd had a good series.

Carlyle's just kicking himself for not forcing the team into acquiring Roman Polak to complete the Polak-Bieksa pairing.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
It happens. Believe me there have been many nights I’ve hallucinated that the Kings have scored and extra goal here and there. Their lack of offense doesn’t surprise me, but the Ducks kind of do. I thought they’d hang in with San Jose a lot closer than they have.

At first I was thinking both games 1 and 2 of LA’s series were 2-1 i already forgot about the shutout :laugh: and I’m also surprised about the Ducks, thought they would look much more dangerous

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Really? Besides falling down once, what has he done worse than any other player? I thought he'd had a good series.

Carlyle's just kicking himself for not forcing the team into acquiring Roman Polak to complete the Polak-Bieksa pairing.

He's been ripping him all year. Never pleased when Montour pinches or goes to the net and says it publically. We have one of the more mobile defense in the league but you'd never know it because of RC.

Reactions: SnarkAttack

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
"San Jose sure looks nice this time of year." - Albertans right now

I'm not even that surprised it's 3-0, get to Getzlaf and you've got to the Ducks. The Sharks are still largely the team that made the Final two years ago, plus Evander Kane. Perry and Kesler are clinging to relevance. The only thing relevant about Kevin Bieksa is his fat gaping mouth after he watches Donskoi or Hertl blow by him. Finally the Ducks get somebody their own size in the 1st round.

Martin Jones had a .978 SV% in game 3 and has a .928 so far this series. Not bad for an 8th round fantasy pickup

giphy.gif

Last edited:

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
He's been ripping him all year. Never pleased when Montour pinches or goes to the net and says it publically. We have one of the more mobile defense in the league but you'd never know it because of RC.

I hate when coaches do that... though, when you rehired Carlisle, most fans of other Pacific Division teams were very excited about the hiring.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
"San Jose sure looks nice this time of year." - Albertans right now

I'm not even that surprised it's 3-0, get to Getzlaf and you've got to the Ducks. The Sharks are still largely the team that made the Final two years ago. Perry and Kesler are clinging to relevance. The only thing relevant about Kevin Bieksa is his fat gaping mouth. Finally the Ducks get somebody their own size in the 1st round.

Martin Jones had a .978 SV% in game 3 and has a .928 so far this series. Not bad for an 8th round fantasy pickup

giphy.gif

Jones has had 3 straight great playoffs

Last year he played well despite he first round loss, under 2.00 gaa

He flies under then radar

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
Okay, I didn't watch the game...or much of the series...but how can the Ducks be down 3-0 and get beat like they did tonight? They're a devastating team in the playoffs, what the heck is going on?

Lost their #1 D man. Goalie doesn’t look 100%, next to no backchecking by the forwards, bad pinching, lack of speed, undisciplined penalties.

Reactions: Slicknitty

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I am not the biggest Randy Bobandy (assistant Trailer Park supervisor, as this team does look like trash now) hater, as he IS our most successful coach and I respect that a lot, I sure as f*** hope he is let go this offseason. It is clear the game is changing and the stuff that worked few years ago, now makes you go to the box and look miserable. The game is changing and so should our coaching.

Regards to a comment that ''Ducks finally met someone their size and skill'', Ducks beat the Oilers last year that the Sharks couldn`t. It`s more of an anomaly this year than it is a normality. Having an Albera team in first rounds did felt nice tho :laugh:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
carlyle needs to be fired before he does even more irreparable damage to this franchise

really? throwing montour under the bus when he's been one of the few guys who has shown up this series? absolutely pathetic. this guy should not be anywhere near a NHL coaching job

Reactions: Mallard

sTEALtooth

Apr 17, 2012
Might be because they’re not? Kings and Ducks both have scored 3 goals in 3 games.
They mentioned during the Bruins/Leafs game that Pastrnak (9) has more points by himself than the Kings (8) and Ducks (8) as a team.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
official narrative
martin jones - overrated goalie
john gibson - underrated goalie

they are yin yang, one of them performs well in regular season the other performs well in the playoffs

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Wow, does Gibson get caught out of position like this all the time? I mean, Pavelec is even looking at that and thinking that Gibson should stay in his net more. :laugh:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I am not the biggest Randy Bobandy (assistant Trailer Park supervisor, as this team does look like trash now) hater, as he IS our most successful coach and I respect that a lot, I sure as **** hope he is let go this offseason. It is clear the game is changing and the stuff that worked few years ago, now makes you go to the box and look miserable. The game is changing and so should our coaching.

Regards to a comment that ''Ducks finally met someone their size and skill'', Ducks beat the Oilers last year that the Sharks couldn`t. It`s more of an anomaly this year than it is a normality. Having an Albera team in first rounds did felt nice tho :laugh:

uh the sharks went into the oilers series with their 1C and 2C injured badly. sure their 1C isn't even playing right now but they had time to acquire an impact player to lessen the hurt. last season the sharks were done before it started.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
uh the sharks went into the oilers series with their 1C and 2C injured badly. sure their 1C isn't even playing right now but they had time to acquire an impact player to lessen the hurt. last season the sharks were done before it started.
Similar to us this year. Kes is out there but he is not even training in the off days since coming back from the injury. He is basically nonexistent there.
Having Fowler out also doesn`t help as well as us trying to play the game like it is still 2007. And the grindy season we had after all the injuries, really took a toll not only on the injured players.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Even with Fowler RC would still beat the "dump and chase" strategy to death and he is too blind that SJ is having an easy time defending it.

Yeah , sure seems that way. Fowler is good, but he's not a difference maker other #1 guys are. The Ducks are always touted as having the best young defense in the league, yet they're getting lit up. SJ is running over them.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Haven't been following this series due to how late the games are. So what's going on here? Ducks were like 10-2-1 before the playoffs weren't they? What gives?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like that were still doing dump and chase even tho the sharks have shown they have no problem with it and their defenders dont panic like the oilers

God bless rc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->