WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
My mother always said "there is no such thing as a stupid question" so here goes.

Are gamblers allowed to bet on Vegas to win a series? I thought there was some thing about that not being allowed on UNLV games and wondered if it applied to the Knights as well?

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
I have this one as upset penned all over it. I picked Los Angeles in 6 because they are just too experienced and Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty will be tough to contain.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
A team who has plenty of playoff experience, including 2 Cups vs a team who played with a chip on their shoulders and who also has limited playoff experience. Logic would make you sway towards the Kings, but I think this series comes down to Fleury. If he’s the Fleury from the last 2 years then the series should go to the Knights. If it’s the Fleury from before that, Kings will win in 5 or 6.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Sure will be interesting to see the Knights in the playoff atmosphere. Personally i think they'll do just fine.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
The kings have a habit of making long runs in the playoffs as a low seed. Kings in 6.

argotsato

Jan 10, 2007
The kings are a different beast in the playoffs. Its really weird how polarized the team is once playoffs start (thats if they make it). They are really built for the heavy hitting fore-checking and defense that is required to make it far. For the most part, the same team that won the cup is still around. If they can bring that force its Kings in 6.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My mother always said "there is no such thing as a stupid question" so here goes.

Are gamblers allowed to bet on Vegas to win a series? I thought there was some thing about that not being allowed on UNLV games and wondered if it applied to the Knights as well?
Pretty sure a poster here made money off the Knights winning the Pacific division.

Reactions: Sam Spade

DavidKING

Apr 8, 2018
LA-Kings-with-Stanley-Cup-at-588.jpg
GO KINGS GO

WE LOVE SIN CITY View attachment 111693 View attachment 111693

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015

Betting on Vegas is legal. You can even bet on them during the game since a few hotels allow you to make bets on your phone.

Reactions: Sam Spade

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Vegas has been a great story this year, but sadly i think this is where it'll come to an end. Kings in the playoffs are just a beast. Add to that a fresh Carter, Quick, and a dominant & overpowering #11 and it's lights out.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If Kopitar and Doughty spend all their time focusing on Wild Bill, they're gonna have problems with Marchesseault and Smith. And you're still forgetting the Haula, Neal, Perron line who combined for 70 goals and 140 points.

Also Quick may be better than MAF overall but he is absolutely exposable.

In the past playoffs both guys had to handle the Sedins/Kesler, Perry/Getzlaf, Kane/ Toews ,Thornton/Marleau, etc. All those guys are elite playoff performers, so I think they'll do just fine.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Same with Quick. Both athletic dudes with playoff peaks and valleys.

Quick’s playoff peaks are much higher than Fleury’s. Quick’s valleys are maybe as low but he definitely hasn’t spent even close to the same amount of time in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad