WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
Read the SinBin, Twitter, Facebook Vegas fan pages go to CNA, go to actual knights games dressed in LA jerseys and get crap thrown at you. Shall I go on?
Also didn’t have a pleasent time in vegas because of a few drunk fans. Not a huge deal as I’m sure it happens in everg arena.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Can't wait for the NHL to push this "rivalry" story on us. There is no rivalry yet. Probably still won't be after one series.

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
Gotta go with my boys. LA in 6. Veteran playoff presence and Kopitar, Carter, Doughty, and Quick.

This is said with much respect to the Knights who I have had a wonderful time watching this season.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I have a long history of picking NHL playoff series as well as NFL games and MLB playoff series and am very good at it. My picks for this matchup is as follows:

Kings in 6

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I like LA's chances better without Muzzin, especially against a fast team like Vegas. He gets caught up too often and gets walked around easily (or takes a penalty). In the 4 games against Vegas this season, he was a -3 and took a tripping penalty. Forbort (even and 0 PIMs) is the bigger loss, IMO... not that he's that good or irreplaceable, but he at least plays defense.

The coaching match-up should be interesting. Gallant hasn't won an NHL playoff series yet and Stevens has won only two, and those were 10 years ago. The experience edge goes to Stevens for being an assistant on two Cup-winning teams, but there's also a big difference between being an assistant and being the head coach. There's also the interesting fact that LA could've hired Gallant last Summer if they hadn't been set on promoting from within.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Kings are much better than their seeding. Missed Jeff Carter most the year. Now he's healthy....LA has the two best centres...better Dcore and playoff goalie...Vegas can only hope to not get embarrassed.
With Muzzin and Forbort out to start the playoffs, their D core will be lacking serious depth.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
With Muzzin and Forbort out to start the playoffs, their D core will be lacking serious depth.

Muzzin is going to be back and Forbort is easily replaceable, but his game finally was going up another level before he got injured. So that is the part that sucks. But I dont think Forbort out is gonna hurt the Kings, but will hurt his development A bit.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I think Vegas will come out firing in game 1. Probably the best game they have played in a while/ ever because of the first ever playoff game, division champions, etc. If LA beats them in game 1, it's over. Quick will have to be incredible. But after that, the series will be interesting. How will a d core and forward lineup that have never been "the" guys on their teams handle it? Will we get all star Fleury or the one that cost the Pens a series some years ago? I think LA will take it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Vegas come out on top. The Pacific half of the draw is so close

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
This’ll be a fun one to watch. I think Vegas’s speed and blue collar style will be tough on LA. But I think the Kings aggressive style and top end talent will win out in the end.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
I picked Knights in 7 but not without some trepidation. If the Knights get by the Kings I don't expect them to much more damage in the playoffs. They are well coached and work hard but I just have no faith in that defense group. I've been wrong before but that's just my .02.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
This series to me seems to be the one most likely for an upset to happen. Kings in 7.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The more I think about it, the more I think we're up shit creek if we don't get at least Muzzin back. The Kings were strong down the stretch because of Carter, but also because they had almost everyone healthy for about 5 total games before Lewis got banged up again. Iafallo's a bigger piece than people will give him credit for. But the bigger problem is that there's no one to go to on D in big situations towards the end of the game with those two guys out.

Doughty-Muzzin / Phaneuf-Martinez / Folin, Forbort is MUCH stronger than Doughty-Phaneuf / Martinez-Folin / Gravel, Fantenberg, LaDue. Those guys will get gassed in short order AND without significant benefit if we have to shorten the bench like that (and Stevens does like to do that late in the third, you'll see Doughty-Muzzin / Martinez-Phaneuf inoffensive situations, Doughty-Phaneuf / Martinez-Folin in defensive).

That's something Vegas' depth will exploit at will.

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
I think the Kings will be a bit more focused than the last time the team took a trip their in mid April... If Vegas, can roll four lines and push the pace with their up temp style then they have a chance.

I gotta feeling Kopitar shines in this series and Brown is playing like it's 2012 again. Kings in 7.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
LA always looks like a different team once the whistles go away in the playoffs. Would not be surprised if they won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad