WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Extremely hard series to predict. Kings have the clear cut better top end talent, but have several guys injured and have been ridiculously inconsistent. Vegas was insanely hot the first 3-4 months of the season, but have only been decent down the stretch. Wouldn't be surprised to see Vegas wilt under the pressure, or for the Kings to keep their inconsistent play going and have it send them home quickly. One thing is for sure, I'll be cheering for either my Kings or the Cinderella Knights going forward after this series

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Kings in 5.. I'll gladly eat crow but Vegas is not a high end team. They're overachieving and the playoffs are another level.

Reactions: Black and Blue

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Well, didn't expect to be cheering for the Kings, but here I am. I'd like to see Vegas bow out fairly quickly, so I'll say Kings in 5.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If Kopitar and Doughty spend all their time focusing on Wild Bill, they're gonna have problems with Marchesseault and Smith. And you're still forgetting the Haula, Neal, Perron line who combined for 70 goals and 140 points.

Also Quick may be better than MAF overall but he is absolutely exposable.

Are you being serious? You think elite talent is going to be absolutely shell shocked by over achievers who are cooling down and having career years?

This core has won 2 cups recently taking down top tier cores.

I think the Kings will do just fine. Especially if their players heal up.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Are you being serious? You think elite talent is going to be absolutely shell shocked by over achievers who are cooling down and having career years?

This core has won 2 cups recently taking down top tier cores.

I think the Kings will do just fine. Especially if their players heal up.
Point to me the part where I said the Knights are gonna shell shock the Kings. Go ahead.

My post was in response to the idea that the Knights can't handle the Kings. I think this is going to be a competitive series rather than a pure rout one way or the other.

EDIT: Unless you take my belief that Quick is a goalie that can be exposed/can have bouts of being shaky and I just don't know that there's a Kings fan alive that doesn't believe that's true. Can he go on a torrid unstoppable run? Of course. He absolutely has that potential. But he also has the potential to be beaten in a very human way. I don't think the difference between Fleury and Quick, at least as far as using Fleury's own very strong year as comparison is quite as fatal as KaseMeOutside was suggesting.

His post came down to "Karlsson will be shut down and Quick is better so Vegas will absolutely be dominated." which is a pretty narrow sighted view of the matchup. As though the only players that have had any impact on Vegas' successful season are Karlsson and Fleury.

Reactions: HugginThePost

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Point to me the part where I said the Knights are gonna shell shock the Kings. Go ahead.

My post was in response to the idea that the Knights can't handle the Kings. I think this is going to be a competitive series rather than a pure rout one way or the other.

EDIT: Unless you take my belief that Quick is a goalie that can be exposed/can have bouts of being shaky and I just don't know that there's a Kings fan alive that doesn't believe that's true. Can he go on a torrid unstoppable run? Of course. He absolutely has that potential. But he also has the potential to be beaten in a very human way. I don't think the difference between Fleury and Quick, at least as far as using Fleury's own very strong year as comparison is quite as fatal as KaseMeOutside was suggesting.

His post came down to "Karlsson will be shut down and Quick is better so Vegas will absolutely be dominated." which is a pretty narrow sighted view of the matchup. As though the only players that have had any impact on Vegas' successful season are Karlsson and Fleury.

I think the Knights are going to have their hands very full with the Kings since they lack bona-fide top end talent. That's my issue, it came across that there was an idea that the Knights core would have a handle on the Kings core which is very laughable.

When it comes to Quick and Fleury, I think Quick has that gear to be the best goalie in the world, sadly havent seen much of it at all. He's been inconsistent and isn't the same goalie he once used to be. But he still can take that step up that MAF doesn't have. And if he does take it, it will be a very short series.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
If there is one lower seed that going to win a series here its the Kings. And it wont even be an upset. I dont think be an easy victory for the Kings, but I think it will be a victory so Kings in 7.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Series depends on who controls the pace of play. I don't think either team can win playing the other guys game. The kings have way more experience and a setup that has worked in the past, think Vegas needs to be scoring early goals to get the Kings to open up their game.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Hoping for Vegas but Kings are my dark horse team this year, best GAA in the league and I except the usual disappearance of PPs and the return of clutch and grab so goals are going to be harder to come by once the playoffs start

letsgooooooojackets

Mar 10, 2017
CBJ
Kings in 6 because they have better playoff experience and Vegas' lack of top end talent will hurt them. All of the playoff series so far have been very intriguing! Can't wait! Hoping for Boston vs Toronto

DavidKING

Apr 8, 2018
LA KINGS LOST ON PURPOSE TO DALLAS LAST NITE SO WE CAN FACE VEGAS....WE LOVE VEGAS, SIN CITY BABY ..

SEE YOU WED ELVIS
BqEFn_tCIAAkwoW.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->