WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
I thought Rantanen looked quite scared in Game 2. Maybe I expected too much, I don't know.

MacK, on the other hand... sweet Jesus, what a player.

Something's been up with Rantanen lately. He's been struggling at handling the puck and refusing to shoot. Wonder if he's playing through a hand/wrist injury or something

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Tried to tell people this wasn't going to be easy and frankly this is exactly what I expected to happen in this game. If we don't get our heads out of our butts and actually act like we want to win the Cup the Avs will find themselves in round two. Plain and simple, we don't act like we give a damn out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soundgarden

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’m shocked the shot differential after 3 games is only 5 in the Preds favor. I thought we could win a game or two but it’d be on the back of some excellent goaltending. I expected Bernier to be shelled. The series has been surprisingly tight.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Predators look completely unprepared in Game 3.

All the stuff they got away with in Games 1 and 2 came back to bite them in the ass. They played a terrible road game.

If they keep taking bad penalties, Colorado has a real chance in the series, because Mackinnon is the best player on the ice.

Reactions: MacBradley

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Tried to tell people this wasn't going to be easy and frankly this is exactly what I expected to happen in this game. If we don't get our heads out of our butts and actually act like we want to win the Cup the Avs will find themselves in round two. Plain and simple, we don't act like we give a damn out there.

Just an outsider POV. Been following the Preds pretty closely since their Cup run last year. This team looks different so far. They look flat, disinterest, disorganized and entitled. Last year they played that underdog card so well, outworked their opponents, played sharp, smart and as a unit. 3 games in (and I know it's *very early) they look lax, sloppy, disorganized and I'm not sure they are handling the pressure of being a Cup favorite well. JMHO.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Predators look completely unprepared in Game 3.

All the stuff they got away with in Games 1 and 2 came back to bite them in the ass. They played a terrible road game.

If they keep taking bad penalties, Colorado has a real chance in the series, because Mackinnon is the best player on the ice.

The penalties haven't even been something the Avs have taken advantage of yet either.

Our PP is 1/13 so far this series with the lone goal coming on a 5 on 3.

For a Powerplay that was operating at nearly 25% in the regular season as well it should get going here soon. It could prove to be the difference in a playoff series like this one that's being played so close 5 on 5.

Reactions: MacBradley

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Like I said (and promptly got laughed at), the Avs have a ton of firepower and Rinne will have to be great this series.

Also. hasn't there only been like 1 game in the past like 10 playoff games the Perds were part of where they weren't the team that was penalized the most? Hard to believe they are the most disciplined team in the playoffs.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The penalties haven't even been something the Avs have taken advantage of yet either.

Our PP is 1/13 so far this series with the lone goal coming on a 5 on 3.

For a Powerplay that was operating at nearly 25% in the regular season as well it should get going here soon. It could prove to be the difference in a playoff series like this one that's being played so close 5 on 5.
Arent the Avs home/road splits pretty bipolar though?

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
So Mark Kiszla’s newest article references Nashville’s “embarrassing lack of hockey pedigree”, & refers to Nashville as “Smurfville” Lol.

Burnaby Joe is Mark Kiszla!?

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Just an outsider POV. Been following the Preds pretty closely since their Cup run last year. This team looks different so far. They look flat, disinterest, disorganized and entitled. Last year they played that underdog card so well, outworked their opponents, played sharp, smart and as a unit. 3 games in (and I know it's *very early) they look lax, sloppy, disorganized and I'm not sure they are handling the pressure of being a Cup favorite well. JMHO.

I agree with this. The good news is despite all of that they are up 2-1. Plenty of time to right the ship. Between Lavy and the leadership group I believe they will turn it around. At this point they have to realize this isn't going to be an easy series. The Avs are playing their asses off.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
So Mark Kiszla’s newest article references Nashville’s “embarrassing lack of hockey pedigree”, & refers to Nashville as “Smurfville” Lol.

Burnaby Joe is Mark Kiszla!?

Kiszla keeps surviving every round of layoffs at The Post, just like the cockroach that he is. I haven't read anything he's written in nearly two decades and I can see I haven't missed anything. His act is about as fresh as month old wonder bread.

Reactions: cgf

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I agree with this. The good news is despite all of that they are up 2-1. Plenty of time to right the ship. Between Lavy and the leadership group I believe they will turn it around. At this point they have to realize this isn't going to be an easy series. The Avs are playing their asses off.

Yep, I have faith in Lavvy and the leadership on the roster. Would like to see more from Turris too.

I'll be pulling for them.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yep, I have faith in Lavvy and the leadership on the roster. Would like to see more from Turris too.

I'll be pulling for them.

Yeah, I’m optimistic about the game tomorrow; but stealing one in Nashville just feels nigh impossible with the way Rinne was robbing us there. Sure his stats may not have been great but he got beat but great shots and robbed some sure-goals...in game two in particular I distinctly remember a couple sequences that felt like auto-goals for the Avs this year that Rinne was able to deny.

If they come out of the gates buzzing for game 5, I’m pretty sure they’ll regain the series lead even if Nate MacKinnon’s tomorrow.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Kiszla keeps surviving every round of layoffs at The Post, just like the cockroach that he is. I haven't read anything he's written in nearly two decades and I can see I haven't missed anything. His act is about as fresh as month old wonder bread.
Haha sheesh. How does he keep a job if people even in Denver don’t like the guy?

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Turris has been the most surprising player for me (in a bad way). Has now gone 48.2 minutes without registering a shot on net. Ottawa fans always said he’s a clutch playoff performer so I’m not sure what’s going on with him but he’s been pretty invisible so far. Nashville is good enough that they don’t necessarily have to play their best to beat Colorado but the Jets are a different story if they don’t start playing to their potential.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Yeah, I’m optimistic about the game tomorrow; but stealing one in Nashville just feels nigh impossible with the way Rinne was robbing us there. Sure his stats may not have been great but he got beat but great shots and robbed some sure-goals...in game two in particular I distinctly remember a couple sequences that felt like auto-goals for the Avs this year that Rinne was able to deny.

If they come out of the gates buzzing for game 5, I’m pretty sure they’ll regain the series lead even if Nate MacKinnon’s tomorrow.

Rinne made some great ones in game 1 as well. He's not the issue, it's the play in front of him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Haha sheesh. How does he keep a job if people even in Denver don’t like the guy?

Good question. The post is a failing paper, so it could just be one of those incompetence things. Though casual fans place more weight on Chambers, Kizla and the other bums at the post than do we here on HF.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I'm not sure if Kizla can really be considered a troll because despite how utterly trolly that article is, almost to perfection to be honest, I think he genuinely believes what he writes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->