WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If the Avs had not been so lazy to get back on the potential icing call, they would have ended up tying the game 4-4.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I just wanted to say, first off, that I couldn't give 2 ****s about the preds home crowd and the chants or w/e I actually find them pretty funny how well trained they are

That said, good lord you lot are incredibly sensitive and defensive about them. One sniff in the crowds direction and 4 preds fans pounce on it with passive aggressive whining or thinly disguised crying in the form of humor. People are gonna have negative opinions about ****. all the "salt" comments lol, dudes this is the internet and HFBoards is a castle made of salt

Of course, that goes without saying that the people who are complaining about the crowd are also being overly sensitive and whiny.

Just a thought. Good game preds try not to hurt yourselves diving on the ice

Eh ot comes from a lot of the crap we've had to listen to over the years. Not to mention it's really frustrating to have 20 year traditions and people act like we suddenly started it last year. I mean granted it makes them look foolish because it shows just how little they know about the team or its fans.

Ultimately it's so in unison because many of the same fans have been going for decades at this point. You learn after a while lol.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
You try suggesting that the Capitals last year wouldn't win the Cup, because they needed 6 games to beat Toronto. Imagine how much heat you would take for that!

You try suggesting that St. Louis won't win the Cup in 2016, because it took them too long to beat Chicago and Dallas. Try it, and see just how much vitriol will be poured in your direction!

...What about Pittsburgh last year versus Ottawa?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yes... look.
8477492.jpg

Nate's so dreamy :heart::heart::heart:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Eh ot comes from a lot of the crap we've had to listen to over the years. Not to mention it's really frustrating to have 20 year traditions and people act like we suddenly started it last year. I mean granted it makes them look foolish because it shows just how little they know about the team or its fans.

Ultimately it's so in unison because many of the same fans have been going for decades at this point. You learn after a while lol.
I'm not a big fan of inferiority/victim complexes. I think it's weak tea

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
You're making my argument for me..

So according to you, it's easy to predict that Washington won't win the Cup because it took 6 games to beat Toronto? Is that why all of the TV personalities were picking Washington to beat Pittsburgh in round #2?

Stanley Cup Playoff second-round staff predictions (NHL.com predictions, 2016-2017 2nd round)
"Capitals, Rangers, Ducks, Predators popular picks to advance by NHL Network, NHL.com experts"

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Why are any of us talking about the Blues? They had 82 games and they couldn't make the playoffs, what makes you think they would fare any better than the Avs currently.

Because an Oilers fan who has trolled Avs fans for weeks, since it's still a bit early for him to cheer for the draft lottery yet, is in this thread, and nobody ever bothers doing anything about it.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
So according to you, it's easy to predict that Washington won't win the Cup because it took 6 games to beat Toronto? Is that why all of the TV personalities were picking Washington to beat Pittsburgh in round #2?

Stanley Cup Playoff second-round staff predictions (NHL.com predictions, 2016-2017 2nd round)
"Capitals, Rangers, Ducks, Predators popular picks to advance by NHL Network, NHL.com experts"
Wtf are your reading comprehension skills?
I called you out about a list you're boasting for no good reason. Not whatever you're trying to spin this into. Your post before this one literally has nothing to do with what you're spouting off here.

You boasted about a list about non cup winners that you're "100% right" on when 1/16 wins the cup. It's not impressive.
YES ITS EASY TO PREDICT A TEAM NOT TO WIN. THE ODDS ARE 15/16 THAT THE SPECIFIC TEAM WONT WIN.

Arrogant, boastful and stupid. Meet the ignore list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnashville

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I just wanted to say, first off, that I couldn't give 2 ****s about the preds home crowd and the chants or w/e I actually find them pretty funny how well trained they are

That said, good lord you lot are incredibly sensitive and defensive about them. One sniff in the crowds direction and 4 preds fans pounce on it with passive aggressive whining or thinly disguised crying in the form of humor. People are gonna have negative opinions about ****. all the "salt" comments lol, dudes this is the internet and HFBoards is a castle made of salt

Of course, that goes without saying that the people who are complaining about the crowd are also being overly sensitive and whiny.

Just a thought. Good game preds try not to hurt yourselves diving on the ice
It’s a defense mechanism because we have heard for 2 decades “there are no fans there” “move the team to where it rightfully belongs” now that has become “they are obnoxious” and “real hockey fans would not act that way” or “they just now started watching hockey”

We haven’t changed in 20 years but the attacks have. Some will go out of the way to never accept us as fans/market. It’s quite an old thing for us since those chants have carried over from the minor league teams and are our tradition. The goalie chants are only after goals and we did them even when losing 5-1 in 1999, it’s just now they are more frequent since the team scores more goals. Non-traditional market creates traditions and people still complain.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Mack finally get starts against the Preds third pairing D will be a big factor if the Avs win their home games.

Right now the biggest problem for the Avs is goaltending. Too many softies by Bernier. He hasn't been the same since his 2 concussion. They'd be better off starting Hammond. But I think Bednar will stay Pat. Warsofsky is also a negative factor for the Avs. He's constantly turning the puck over and killing momentum on the PP.

Preds PK putting pressure on the Avs is the perfect style to combat our PP. Our coaching staff doesn't seem to like mid game adjustments. So once a team figures out the counter they fail to adjust.
Rinne let some pretty soft goals in as well.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
...What about Pittsburgh last year versus Ottawa?

I'm looking through my past posts right now. It's true that I was pessimistic about Pittsburgh beating Nashville, but I don't recall, nor do I see any evidence that I ever put Pittsburgh on my "can't win the Cup list."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->