GDT: WCQ Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D / NBCSN / TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Really? Because previously he has never given up more than 2 goals in his life? And because he had an off night and his team bailed him out and got him the W anyway? My God, he may never be the same again...

This wasn't an off night, it was a continuation (or deterioration) of an established playoff pattern.

Doesn't mean he can't turn it around or answer the bell in the future. But with a new 6 year 30 million deal, a cap that comes down, and a good prospect that probably has no shot at being #1 until he is 27..... I'll agree with aar00n that this feels like a loss.

Of course last night's alcohol, and today's hangover/lack of sleep could be the reason for that feeling as well...

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
My God. I've heard a ton of pessimism on this forum and am starting to become immune to it. But I never thought I would hear "this road game playoff victory as the underdog that tied up the series FEELS like a loss because our goalie had a bad game".

Why don't you save your downer attitude for a game that we actually DO lose. Try to let yourself be just a little happy for now.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Was it just me who noticed the unbelieveable joy from the wings players jumping out on the ice after the OT winner, usually the joy, loud screams you hear after winning a playoff round, now they did it after winning a playoff game... can't remember the wings' players being this happy for a playoff win in recent years

JBauerly97

Jan 8, 2013
Coldwater, MI
Was it just me who noticed the unbelieveable joy from the wings players jumping out on the ice after the OT winner, usually the joy, loud screams you hear after winning a playoff round, now they did it after winning a playoff game... can't remember the wings' players being this happy for a playoff win in recent years

I agree. Lot of new, younger blood, I'd jump like that too after that kind of game. Those guys are living the dream.

crashman

Why not just say what you're alluding at instead of coming up with these roundabout ways to discredit the team.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

When is the last time the Wings won a playoff game in overtime in recent years?

Oh right, not since 2009.

No idea why you are surprised at what you saw last night.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I agree. Lot of new, younger blood, I'd jump like that too after that kind of game. Those guys are living the dream.

Roller coaster of emotions in a game like that-up and down. I think the celebration is like a huge sigh of relief. If we can win 2 at the joe we could win this series which is beyond my expectations

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

Take it game by game, stay excited, and the wins will come.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
Yup, the more emotion these guys show, the better. We've looked much too complacent in the last year or two. New blood is getting us fired up. Keep the energy and good vibes up and hopefully it'll translate to a full 60 minute performance for game 3.

Game 1 we were sloppy all three periods. Game 2, sloppy in one period. Maybe game 3 we'll have a complete game.

RedWingsNow*

My God. I've heard a ton of pessimism on this forum and am starting to become immune to it. But I never thought I would hear "this road game playoff victory as the underdog that tied up the series FEELS like a loss because our goalie had a bad game".

Why don't you save your downer attitude for a game that we actually DO lose. Try to let yourself be just a little happy for now.

Because Anaheim probably isn't feeling all that bad at all about their loss and Detroit probably isn't feeling very good about its win.

It doesn't feel like victory. It feels like we avoided a loss.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
Because Anaheim probably isn't feeling all that bad at all about their loss and Detroit probably isn't feeling very good about its win.

It doesn't feel like victory. It feels like we avoided a loss.

I disagree.

The series is 1-1, it doesn't matter how Detroit won a game, they just needed to win one.

It's not as if Detroit was a heavily favoured #1 seed and Anaheim was the huge underdog, with Anaheim proving they could come back against the Wings, yet still losing.

The Wings are the underdog here, they stole one by the skin of their teeth, but that's generally how teams win road games in the playoffs.

We all know Anaheim can keep up with Detroit and has the power to get through this defense at times, so not sure what you think them coming back proves which everyone already didn't know.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I disagree.

The series is 1-1, it doesn't matter how Detroit won a game, they just needed to win one.

It's not as if Detroit was a heavily favoured #1 seed and Anaheim was the huge underdog, with Anaheim proving they could come back against the Wings, yet still losing.

The Wings are the underdog here, they stole one by the skin of their teeth, but that's generally how teams win road games in the playoffs.

We all know Anaheim can keep up with Detroit and has the power to get through this defense at times, so not sure what you think them coming back proves which everyone already didn't know.

I agree. This was a very valuable learning experience and will help the team have a better chance at winning this series.

RedWingsNow*

I agree. This was a very valuable learning experience and will help the team have a better chance at winning this series.

Hahah,
Yeah. Very valuable to know that you can't protect a 3-goal lead and win unless you get a gift penalty for a PP goal in OT

we like our team*

bob throws back his head and guffaws loudly, his fingers clattering away on keyboard

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010

Yeah, at least Kindl and Smith have two big playoff games under their belts now, road games, so that can only be looked at as a positive.

They survived, barely, Gus scored a huuuge goal, which he was very due for, and even seemed to get under the Ducks skin ala Koivu, Selanne, and Souray.

RedWingsNow*

Yeah, no one has ever learned anything from mistakes and adversity, great point.

:laugh:

Yeah, blowing a 4-1 lead in the third period is a great example of overcoming adversity.

Great point.

The Wings have yet to assert themselves in this series. And that's an issue.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
:laugh:

Yeah, blowing a 4-1 lead in the third period is a great example of overcoming adversity.

Great point.

The Wings have yet to assert themselves in this series. And that's an issue.

They had a 4-1 lead through two periods. That's not exerting themselves?:shakehead

Nerves, inexperience, and Howard led to a come back.

Guess what, they still won!:laugh:

RedWingsNow*

Yeah, at least Kindl and Smith have two big playoff games under their belts now, road games, so that can only be looked at as a positive.

They survived, barely, Gus scored a huuuge goal, which he was very due for, and even seemed to get under the Ducks skin ala Koivu, Selanne, and Souray.

The playoff experience is helpful. But not for this year, IMO.

When the Wings led 4-1 in the third, I was thinking Ducks in 6.

After the blowing the lead, I'm thinking the Ducks have a chance to win it in 5. We're fortunate we got that PP, because I think this might have been a sweep.

Jimmy Howard better come up big in game 3.
Because the Ducks were playing like they smelled blood.

if they taste it in Game 3, and Howard can't up his game, the Wings are toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->