GDT: WCQ #4 • "THE QUEST FOR GREASE" • OILERS @ BLACKHAWKS • AUG 7 2020 • 4:45 PM MT • SN

Will the Oilers win tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GDT MUSIC

-

imageedit-3-2194898211.jpg

-

LAST TIME WE CHECKED IN ON OUR HEROES, THEY WERE KNOCKED DOWN, BLOODIED AND STARING INTO THE JAWS OF DEFEAT AT THE HANDS OF THE DASTARDLY VILLAINS FROM CHICAGOLAND.

THEIR SECRET IDENTITIES REVEALED, OUR HEROES ARE AT THEIR MOST VULNERABLE.

DESPERATE TO REGROUP AND RECOVER, BUT WITH PRECIOUS LITTLE TIME LEFT, OUR HEROES MACGYVERED MASKS OUT OF WHAT PAPER THEY HAD LYING AROUND THEIR HOTEL ROOMS. THE RESULT WAS A FAMILIAR SIGHT.

(ONE OF OUR HEROES DECIDED HE DIDN'T NEED ONE...)

WILL OUR HEROES BE ABLE TO FIND AND ACCEPT THEIR TRUE GREASY IDENTITY IN TIME TO DEFEAT THE ROGUES HALL OF FAME FROM CHICAGOLAND?

-

OILERS LINES

imageedit-2-3923113280.png

-

BLACKHAWKS LINES

imageedit-2-9503679780.png

-

PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL!

LINEUPS ARE A GUESS.

SPECIAL THANKS TO @ConnorMcMullet FOR HIS LINEUP AND PAPERGIRL ARTWORK. :)

-

imageedit-7-8777875330.jpg

imageedit-4-4557638140.png

(PAPERGIRL, CIRCA 2020)

Last edited:

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
I think we will win today and lose in OT in game 5 because of another own goal or sh*t like that...hopefully I am wrong as always...

Go :edmonton!

P.S.: I can see Neal scoring GWG today...

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Just woke up. Going to get through this day of work, get some beers and watch the oilers climb back into this series!!!!!!

and then watch Double Impact. Great movie.

Reactions: ElysiumAB

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
btw, I'll be impressed if anyone actually gets what the title and faux-poster refer to. :laugh:

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Been working nights so I had to get up early to watch the previous game and boy did I end up regretting it.

This one is at an even more inconvenient time for me, so I won't be watching, but I'm going to hope I wake up to an Oilers win.

Cheers, folks.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Guessing they win this one - 5-3 or similar. Connor (2 g 3 a) and Leon (3g and 2 a) the only Oilers with any points, everyone else standing there being useless per usual.
Ok maybe that is harsh. Nuge has been good too.

Reactions: Geardedandbearded

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Not to be the Debbie Downer here, but outside of a small handful of players, there is zero intensity or effort from most of the roster.

Watching Lucic play his heart out and go PPG, Tobias Reider score a timely goal, and Cam Talbot post a heroic shutout makes me think there's something wrong here.
We saw NONE Of that when they were here.

There's something broken with the psyche of this team.
Most of the players on this team play like they expect McDrai to do 100% of the work while the rest of them coast.

I'll be tuning in to watch, but I'm expecting a loss. This is a team that's proven time and time again, they can't bother getting up and playing a lunch-bucket style game when their backs are against the wall.
There is just no character or poise in this group.

Reactions: K1900L

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Not to be the Debbie Downer here, but outside of a small handful of players, there is zero intensity or effort from most of the roster.

Watching Lucic play his heart out and go PPG, Tobias Reider score a timely goal, and Cam Talbot post a heroic shutout makes me think there's something wrong here.

Most of the players on this team play like they expect McDrai to do 100% of the work while the rest of them coast.

I'll be tuning in to watch, but I'm expecting a loss. This is a team that's proven time and time again, they can't bother getting up and playing a lunch-bucket style game when their backs are against the wall.

tHeRe’S sOmEtHiNg In ThE wAtEr

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Well I do feel better than I did on Wednesday, but I don’t know if it’s renewed optimism or that I’ve come to accept our eventual defeat.

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Oh well, I’ll do my level best to be as optimistic today and worst case scenario I’ll be drunk enough that I won’t feel anything.

Alright guys, do or die time, time to prove what type of team you are.

Let’s f***ing go.
3F78B373-C079-4C72-AC19-8A07630C529E.gif

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

The Jets were missing a lot of key guys. Just do to injuries. Going into the year they really weakened their defense. No one was expecting much from them.

Helleybuyck was the reason they were as good as they were this year and when you have those injuries to go with Connor and Wheeler not scoring you really have no chance.

Reactions: Aerrol and Oilhawks

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
The Jets were missing a lot of key guys. Just do to injuries. Going into the year they really weakened their defense. No one was expecting much from them.

Helleybuyck was the reason they were as good as they were this year and when you have those injuries to go with Connor and Wheeler not scoring you really have no chance.

Agree.

That series probably goes 5 or possibly WPG wins it if Scheifele and Laine aren’t injured.

That being said their D has been their biggest flaw all season. Morressey and Pionk are the only ones that even kept them afloat.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
btw, I'll be impressed if anyone actually gets what the title and faux-poster refer to. :laugh:

I don’t even know what those green crystal looking things are on top of the Chicago players helmets and wondering where John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John are.

But that’s ok because Honey Badger don’t give a shit.

I am picking up two new Oilers jerseys this morning, both unstained from the ignominy of suffering a loss.

May they guide us to victory over the evils of Toews glare, unlucky bounces and bring us goaltending worthy of victory!

No mercy!!!

We Skate For Colby.

8ED6A623-1757-438D-AEC0-74B487CA4D31.jpeg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Agree.

That series probably goes 5 or possibly WPG wins it if Scheifele and Laine aren’t injured.

That being said their D has been their biggest flaw all season. Morressey and Pionk are the only ones that even kept them afloat.
Oh Geez I forgot they don't have Myers or Chiarot as well. Thats a lot of change over, change over that was big mean and physical.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Oilers have beaten themselves in this series, they have no one to blame but themselves if they lose this series
-defense is loose and shaky, need to tighten up
-goaltending has been shaky at best, need some big save
-play balls out today...could be the last game in 4 months minimum

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm actually relieved that I get to miss part of this game due to work :laugh:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I think I've made peace with the eventual loss. I was always worried when we drew Chicago, but I didn't think our group would look this flat and terrible.

5E94D826-E194-4AC6-98B6-C00762D65BD9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad