WCHA Western Expansion

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I saw this article posted by BGSU facebook page. It seems like there is potential expansion on the horizon for the WCHA. Specifically in the west. The article mentions Arizona State's ACHA D1 program as an option.

Another possibility I see is Lindenwood University possibly moving their Men's ACHA D1 program up to the WCHA. They have a D1 Women's program in the CHA which has been playing a lot of WCHA womens division schools the past few years with Wisconsin, Minnesota State, Minnesota Duluth and Bemidji State on their schedule this year. So I could see the Men's program moving into the WCHA with the reltionships they are building through their womens program, plus Lindenwood has also considered buying the Family Arena in St. Charles in the past. They already use it for graduations. It is larger than they would need (9,000 capacity for hockey) but would provide sufficient arena standards associated with D1 Men's hockey.

http://www.newsminer.com/sports/uaf_nanooks/wcha-chief-conference-is-looking-into-expansion/article_5031731a-2388-11e4-b357-001a4bcf6878.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad