GDT: WCF Game 6: Blues vs. Sharks | 7 pm CT | NBCSN | Delivering the TKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
upload_2019-5-21_22-58-26.png

RIP SHARKS!!!!!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
LET'S F***(#(#( GO BLUES!

What a game! We are Western Conference Champions!!! It's great to be a part of HFBlues cheering, crying, cussing, with all of you every game. I'm a proud Blues fan! Let's Play Gloria 4 more times! Lord Stanley is getting riverfront property this summer!!

Edit: I'm only 25 years old, and became a Blues fan when my family moved here when I was 11 years old. I can't imagine what it's like for everyone who has waited longer than I have, this is for all of you! Also let's win this for Laila, and Ari!

:blues:blues:blues

Last edited:

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
It's like a damn dream for me, I never thought I'd see this day...

I look to the past and remember listening to the games on a transistor radio back in the early 80's, watching the playoffs in my grandma's living room when Hull and Oates were around, at school, in my community colleges cafeteria, in my own living room and always believed in my heart that this would happen but never once thought it'd ever be a reality, that we were cursed, that it was impossible, that all it was, was a pipe dream and now.... I keep going from overly excited to crying.

I've never been to St. Louis but I've always loved the Blues and always will, no matter what. I never thought I'd live to see the day that the Hockey Gods smiled upon us, the loyaliest of fans and never imagined that it could REALLY be us. I watched legends come, legends go and it turns out the missing piece was people who would start their legends here, not a Sutter but a Berube, not a Hasek, but a Binnington, not a Hull but a Maroon. This truly is destiny and all I can do is sit here, staring at a picture of a sepia airborne Bobby Orr and say to myself, "Remember us? We're coming for you, mother fker!"

Please boys, win it all. Win it for those who ain't with us anymore, those who have hung on for dear life to the Note and especially those who are fans in their heart and lost their belief. Bring them home, erase the past and forge a new history. Show 'em what we're made of.

I believe in the Note. It's not just words to me. The Blues troubles run parallel of my own in many ways and it's why I've always stuck with it. I know what it's like to live with the world seemingly plot against me, to have situations turned on its head against me due to misfortune or bad luck this. I've been there one too many times and I'm sure others of you have been there as well. Winning tonight restores my faith in so much, it makes me believe in magic again, the magic of a can-do attitude and the power of never giving up and finding a way. Tonight these guys put more than St. Louis on their back, they also carried the hopes, wishes and dreams of others. They carried mine too. And for the first time, they didn't let us down. I believe. And you should too!

Long Live The Note!
amen brother

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
When we scored that 4th goal, I screamed so loud and felt like a f***ing kid. I hugged my mom and I almost fell to the floor in disbelief. I had to go upstairs to take in the full game (we have a nice soundbar upstairs that makes these games easily 10x better to listen to). I sat and watched the final 8 minutes, counting down the seconds waiting for this to be over. I knew they would pull the goalie, but I always have doubt in my head. They had us on our heels and I thought for sure they would score 1 more, maybe 2, idk it's the pessimist in me. Then we go down the ice and Barby has the puck. HE PASSES TO SUNNY, NO WHY?! Sunny misses the net and i'm freaking out, and then Barby gets the puck and seals it with an empty netter.

HOLY shit, I know I haven't been waiting nearly as long as some of these people here, but jesus christ, I wanted to see this so sooooo badly. I want to know what it's like in the finals, I want to know what a cup feels like. JUST DO THE THING PLEASE. I want to die happy. The end.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
It's like a damn dream for me, I never thought I'd see this day...

I look to the past and remember listening to the games on a transistor radio back in the early 80's, watching the playoffs in my grandma's living room when Hull and Oates were around, at school, in my community colleges cafeteria, in my own living room and always believed in my heart that this would happen but never once thought it'd ever be a reality, that we were cursed, that it was impossible, that all it was, was a pipe dream and now.... I keep going from overly excited to crying.

I've never been to St. Louis but I've always loved the Blues and always will, no matter what. I never thought I'd live to see the day that the Hockey Gods smiled upon us, the loyaliest of fans and never imagined that it could REALLY be us. I watched legends come, legends go and it turns out the missing piece was people who would start their legends here, not a Sutter but a Berube, not a Hasek, but a Binnington, not a Hull but a Maroon. This truly is destiny and all I can do is sit here, staring at a picture of a sepia airborne Bobby Orr and say to myself, "Remember us? We're coming for you, mother fker!"

Please boys, win it all. Win it for those who ain't with us anymore, those who have hung on for dear life to the Note and especially those who are fans in their heart and lost their belief. Bring them home, erase the past and forge a new history. Show 'em what we're made of.

I believe in the Note. It's not just words to me. The Blues troubles run parallel of my own in many ways and it's why I've always stuck with it. I know what it's like to live with the world seemingly plot against me, to have situations turned on its head against me due to misfortune or bad luck this. I've been there one too many times and I'm sure others of you have been there as well. Winning tonight restores my faith in so much, it makes me believe in magic again, the magic of a can-do attitude and the power of never giving up and finding a way. Tonight these guys put more than St. Louis on their back, they also carried the hopes, wishes and dreams of others. They carried mine too. And for the first time, they didn't let us down. I believe. And you should too!

Long Live The Note!
Good Sir! I beg for the moment whence we may cheers to drinks of victory in the land of our Blues! In your honor I drink the last of my drink! Until we meet, know that I think of you in the battle of the Bluenote, always! Continue forth in conquest! Forever be a Blues Brother. Amen.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I made it to work safe after the game.

WOW. Was a wild one. The firetrucks blaring on their horns outside was pretty cool. I was driving around downtown for a bit with the windows down playing Gloria.

I'm still a Red Wings fan, but I've been going to Blues games since ~1994/1995 and seeing this was absolutely nuts. I got some (hopefully good) video from inside of the trophy presentation. I'll post it tomorrow if it turns out well.

Should be a fun FINALS. LGB!

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
My son is graduating high school tonight and the ceremony starts at 7:00. It appears the earliest I will be able to be in my seat is going to be about 8:20. I'm looking to you fine folks to take care of things until around the 1st TV timeout of the 2nd period. From there on...

So the graduation ceremony that was supposed to end at 8:00 started late and didn’t end until almost 9:30. My wife and kid and I arrived in the building in time for the last minute of the game. No regrets - that was awesome seeing the Blues get the Campbell Bowl in person.

Four more wins.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018

I've said this several times, in several different threads, but I absolutely love Torts.

Two thoughts before I get back to work....

1. That game was so awesome it made up for the horrible ending to Game of Thrones

2. If the Blues go up 2 or 3 games on the Bruins, they should sign Federko to a 1 day contract and put him on the bench (or have him in goal for like 20 seconds) just so he can get his name on the cup. Would be epic lulz.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Sharks media getting a lot of mileage out of this Couture fed nonsense that the Blues were intentionally injuring players. The funniest is still the Donskoi injury that they blamed on the Blues after he took a puck straight to the face from his teammate :laugh: So many crybabies on that team. Very satisfying team to see get bounced. Always a good day when Joe Thornton is eliminated, even better when it's the Blues doing it and it might be his last game.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Sharks media getting a lot of mileage out of this Couture fed nonsense that the Blues were intentionally injuring players. The funniest is still the Donskoi injury that they blamed on the Blues after he took a puck straight to the face from his teammate :laugh: So many crybabies on that team. Very satisfying team to see get bounced. Always a good day when Joe Thornton is eliminated, even better when it's the Blues doing it and it might be his last game.

The entire San Jose fan base is screaming Ref Louis. It’s so fantastic.

Read through their GDT for laughs. They blame the Refs, DoPS, and the entire goon squad that the Blues have.

I said it before the series started. f*** Thornton, f*** Burns, and f*** the Sharks forever.

Thornton cost Perron over a year of playing time and what was the punishment? 2-3 games?? f*** him

Burns the lowlife scum punching Tarasenko while another shark sat on,, f*** him too

It’s so epic their fans are whining and crying over the refs when their team was literally handed wins in the playoffs from the refs. It’s so awesome because when their team was benefiting from bad calls their mantra was “we’ll take it” “Ref Jose all the way to the Cup “ “Anyway possible to win”

But when the shoe is on the other foot it’s “the Blues fans are the worst humans ever” “Busch league!!!” “Refs are beyond horrible” “NHL wants the Blues in the finals to make up for hand pass”

Lol... f*** off Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad