GDT: WCF Game 5: Vegas Golden Knights @ Winnipeg Jets | 12:00PM | Step On The Throat Edition

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
This is absolutely crazy. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this was possible, but here they are 4 wins away.

Fleury might already have the Conn Smythe locked up win or lose. Need Washington to stop being Washington and win 6 and 7 so the Knights have home ice, but either way the Knights will not go down easy. How about Winnipeg not having a single lead after Game 1? Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Not the biggest team. (Marchessault is listed at 5’9”.) Certainly not the most talented. But they play with heart.

As a longstanding Pens fan, I had been jaded and spoiled in recent years.

This run for me has all the excitement and more of the Pens’ first Cup in 90-91. No way to describe the feeling.

Embrace this moment in history. No one knows how all this will end in the finals. I do know, however, that this band of misfits and castoffs, this band of brothers bound by tragedy and fate, will be part of hockey lore ... forever.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Alex Tuch will be a star for this team I'm sure. He does so many intangible things well even when he's not scoring.

Reaves needing the playoffs to get him to start playing smart hockey was a fantastic motivator. Our fourth line has been excellent since he's drawn into the lineup.

Schmidt has somehow figured out how to be a #1 defenseman and McNabb looks like Josh Manson out there. Crazy what the right opportunity has done for him. I mean he was part of a solid defensive system in LA, sure, but he looks like a top notch defensive defenseman.

May have been Colin Miller's best game from a defensive standpoint period. There was an entire 50 second stretch or so where Miller was suffocating the Jets practically on his own.

Marchessault...I hesitate to bequeath him the title of superstar just yet. We'll have to see if he can replicate but he is absolutely playing like one. It's like we have our own Marty St. Louis out there.

Rielly Smith I thought looked the most fresh he has all playoffs long. He has had great plays every game but there have been times all playoffs long I was wondering if he was playing injured. Today he was consistently skating strong and wreaking havoc for Winnipeg.

I thought Bellemare had a pretty exemplary game for a grinder. Sure he shot the puck wide a lot but he was hounding pucks and bodies all night long. I mean everyone played their part in this win but I thought he was especially good.

Perron had some good looks in this game and it gives me hope that he's either recovered from whatever is plaguing him or he's motivated enough to play at a high level in spite of whatever he was dealing with.

I think we're looking real good going forward. It's like the team has gotten better and better as this series has gone along while I felt they were regressing a little in the San Jose series. Couldn't be more excited for the rest of this ride.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Congratulations guys. I found the Knights growing on me with each passing period. They first caught my attention when they played the Isles. I remember how relentless they were in their attack.

I was quickly reminded this post season. I love the way they play the game, love their work ethic, the underdog narrative, love their system, have a soft spot for their players. So I hitched myself to the bandwagon. I almost cheered as loud as I do when NYI is in the post season; that’s when it struck me that I was a quasi fan.

So congrats, I know most of the league is cheering you on, I’m just one of many. But thought I’d stop by and sing your team’s praises. Still debating whether I should adopt the Knights as my 2nd team. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->