GDT: WCF Game 5: Dallas Stars @ Vegas Golden Knights | 5:00PM | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS | DAL Lead 3-1

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
One thing that I think has been overlooked is the team stunk it up in overtime. After game 1 when the team looked out of gas, we had a win in regulation, a loss in regulation, and 2 losses in OT.

Dallas has a lot of trouble scoring against us too. But once we got into overtime, our defense disappeared. We could have played the same way in OT that we played in regulation and we are probably looking at game 6 at least.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
We also gave up very few 5 on 5 goals in the last couple of games. But we couldn’t afford to start giving up power play goals and that killed us.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Dallas did something that great defensive teams do. They can shut down your team and make your offense look pathetic. So they may not win with style, but they win the tough, low scoring games and get less credit than the high scoring teams that win with style.

Yes Colorado scored on them, but we’re not Colorado.

They were up 3-2 on St. Louis a year ago and the Blues didn’t beat them until double OT. And Dallas wasn’t as good of a team as they are now. I’m not confident our team from last year would have pushed the Blues that hard.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
How is Khudobin a middling goalie? His numbers were way better than what we’ve seen from Fleury the past couple of years. He also has better numbers than Bishop this year.

Great defensive teams have a tendency to make goaltending into a plug and play position where every goalie comes in and puts up great numbers. Most recently see the Jackets, Isles, Yotes and Stars.

I think you'll see just how pedestrian Khudobin really is against Tampa.

Reactions: willy702

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Great defensive teams have a tendency to make goaltending into a plug and play position where every goalie comes in and puts up great numbers. Most recently see the Jackets, Isles, Yotes and Stars.

I think you'll see just how pedestrian Khudobin really is against Tampa.

That’s true, but even with that being the case, I don’t think it’s fair to criticize Lehner for being “outplayed” when Dallas is strong enough defensively to make a lot of goalies look great. I’m sure Lehner would look great on that team too.

If Dallas beats Tampa it would make me feel better about the Knights. Some are saying the Lightning looked gassed. Our team was gassed in game 1 and only lost 1-0.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
That’s true, but even with that being the case, I don’t think it’s fair to criticize Lehner for being “outplayed” when Dallas is strong enough defensively to make a lot of goalies look great. I’m sure Lehner would look great on that team too.

If Dallas beats Tampa it would make me feel better about the Knights. Some are saying the Lightning looked gassed. Our team was gassed in game 1 and only lost 1-0.

I didn't say anything bad about Lehner. He faced far fewer shots than Khudobin, but the ones he did were far more dangerous. We had a lot of unscreened perimeter shots and gave up way to many point blank rebounds and odd man rushes. Even then we got goaltending good enough to win the series if our offense showed up.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I didn't say anything bad about Lehner. He faced far fewer shots than Khudobin, but the ones he did were far more dangerous. We had a lot of unscreened perimeter shots and gave up way to many point blank rebounds and odd man rushes. Even then we got goaltending good enough to win the series if our offense showed up.

Yeah you weren’t the one saying Lehner was outplayed; it was other people saying that. I should have made that more clear.

I am REALLY curious to see how Tampa responds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->