GDT: WCF Game 5: Dallas Stars @ Vegas Golden Knights | 5:00PM | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS | DAL Lead 3-1

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Silver lining - when we do win the Cup it won't be in a lockdown where we can't celebrate.

Reactions: PaulD

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Whatever. Tampa would have ripped either of us apart.

DeBoer saying the worst thing the team could do is change what they're doing is a really bad f***ing look right now.

He probably felt so proud keeping Tuch on the 3rd line as Stephenson scored...

You can't coach the puck into the net but you can sure as hell make adjustments when your team is slumping.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

This is certainly how you start a comeback with some help.

This was the biggest point of the game & the refs f***ed us. We certainly didn't put enough pucks in the net again, but jeez, that was a penalty in so many ways. Awful way to end the season.

Bottom line they weren't good enough. They lost 4 one goal games to a team who is getting every bounce, every loose puck & every single call going their way.

I love how the refs all gathered together tonight to discuss the delay of game on Whitecloud, but it was completely glanced over in Game 4 when Pavelski did it. It's infuriating, but it's just a footnote now.

Last edited:

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Whatever. Tampa would have ripped either of us apart.

DeBoer saying the worst thing the team could do is change what they're doing is a really bad f***ing look right now.
I have a sinking feeling DeBoer is going to have a tough time of it next year.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
These things happen. Lightning are going to win this Cup and last year were garbage in the playoffs.

We didn't change our tactics and didn't get anyhing our top six forwards and had defensive breakdowns. Goaltending was good but not great. Didn't change under Gallant either and our offense would get cold and fold at tough times and we would get good not great goaltending when needed. Same things.

Change is needed in our forward corps and we need a top 4 defenseman. Lack of a superstar forward to carry us is also apparent.

Two playoffs in a row they collapsed when the other team gets within one. Last year when it was 3-2 they were absolutely defeated and this year when it was 2-1.

They coasted the first three rounds of the inaugural season. Whenever things get tough they wither.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Dallas has come up with several big comebacks in the postseason. We blew leads against them in the last 2 games. And we always lose to them when we fall behind.

This one hurts but not as much as other playoff losses. The better team won.

And that OT effort was pretty sad. The team looked beaten after it was tied up.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The season may have ended, but Shea Theodore/Alex Tuch coming out party will not stop. Call the cops IDGAF

Tuch Karlsson Stone
Patches Glass Smith
Stephenson Eakin Roy
Carrier Nosek Reaves4ever

Schmiddy PIE
Marty Teddy4Norris
McNabb Cloudywithachanceofdelayofgame

25mLehner
Talbot

Who's ready for 2021

Reactions: Puckrobber

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I think the team will look better come regular season when lanes open up and teams no longer sell out to block every single puck giving DeBoer a sense of accomplishment to continue it .

Reactions: Vegas07

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The season may have ended, but Shea Theodore/Alex Tuch coming out party will not stop. Call the cops IDGAF

Tuch Karlsson Stone
Patches Glass Smith
Stephenson Eakin Roy

Schmiddy PIE
Marty Teddy4Norris

25mLehner
Talbot

Who's ready for 2021

I see one really large problem. Must be a typo.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This series sucked. That is all i am going to say. Major changes need to happen.

Well i am going to try to do something that i have never done before.

Take not only a break from hockey, but also from hf boards.

See you guys at the start of next season.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
This series sucked. That is all i am going to say. Major changes need to happen.

Well i am going to try to do something that i have never done before.

Take not only a break from hockey, but also from hf boards.

See you guys at the start of next season.

Hang in there Brother. Take a breather...enjoy the fall weather coming up.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Tuch Karlsson Stone
Patches Glass Smith
Stephenson Eakin Roy

Schmiddy PIE
Marty Teddy4Norris

25mLehner
Talbot

Who's ready for 2021

Where's Barkov?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Its the playoffs, stuff goes wrong. I'm sure we'll hear that Max was hurt, he did not look good at all and of course Stone probably would have been sitting out if not down 3-1. More importantly, no matter how much you try you can't guarantee anything by buying this player or that player. I mean last year's Lightning should have taught everyone that. I sure hope Foley listens to that wise advice. Get a few more young guys in there, keep signing good contracts and take another run at the Cup next year and the ten years after it. All you need is a spot in the playoffs and who knows what happens. I mean seriously who would have wanted to back the Stars and their chances when they looked completely toothless in the round robin?

Reactions: Vegas07

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad