GDT: WCF Game 5: Blues vs. Sharks | 2 pm CT | NBC | Crashing their party

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I can't believe how many Sharks fans in today's main forum gdt are saying head shots by the Blues are the reason the Sharks are now losing the series among worse things. This game was total domination by the Blues, Barby's hit had no bearing on the outcome of this game, Pietro's on Pavelski either.

It's strange stuff.

That hit by Barbie was no where close to being like the McAvoy hit. It will be interesting to see what the league does.

I don't remember the Petro hit.

Reactions: STLomacneko

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
It's strange stuff.

That hit by Barbie was no where close to being like the McAvoy hit. It will be interesting to see what the league does.

I don't remember the Petro hit.
Pie hit Pavelski shoulder to shoulder into the boards the ref was almost behind them but got out of the way lol. Anyway Joe went down of course, and in doing so caught Pietro's elbow on the follow-through of finishing his check. Sharks are screaming dirty hit, if it was I would say it was. But it wasn't imo, the head was not where contact was made Pavelski's head doesn't catch Pie's elbow if he doesn't drop like a sack of stones after contact.

Reactions: mk80

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Just got caught up again lol. Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Wife got to pick first and middle name :whatever:.

Watched all the media possible....man is San Jose SALTY. This is karma, you were gifted a W and you couldn't even admit it.

The boys have shown through 2 series that when it's time to close it, they slam that door shut. Thumped Winnepeg and would have clowned Dallas without Bishop going insane.

Onto Tuesday and Glory:towel::towel::towel:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Just got caught up again lol. Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Wife got to pick first and middle name :whatever:.

Watched all the media possible....man is San Jose SALTY. This is karma, you were gifted a W and you couldn't even admit it.

The boys have shown through 2 series that when it's time to close it, they slam that door shut. Thumped Winnepeg and would have clowned Dallas without Bishop going insane.

Onto Tuesday and Glory:towel::towel::towel:
And you got to pick the last name. It’s only fair! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
I for one didn’t even think of the petro hit until I came on here after the game and they replayed it a couple of times. Blue colored glasses....idk? Maybe just in the heat of winning didn’t think nothing of it?

Last edited:
Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015

Onto Tuesday and Gloria:towel::towel::towel:

congrats man .. and i fixed it for you :bb:

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
Also didn’t Petey cry last time we met in the finals saying we didn’t get enough penalties in a game using our regular season penalty minutes for proof?

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I’m surprised all of the talk is about the Petro hit (which i didn’t even see) and the very weak Barby hit. If Hurtle doesn’t turtle then it’s a play nobody would even think twice about

It was pathetic to see the mindset the Sharts had coming into the 3rd. Clearly their coach told them in be as cheap as possible. They were down 3 goals and their stupid play gave the Blues a goal right off the bat. If they actually focused on playing hockey them they might have had a chance. You know like they said they would do in the press after the Blues “dirty” play in game 1

Reactions: Ghetty Green

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
I’m surprised all of the talk is about the Petro hit (which i didn’t even see) and the very weak Barby hit. If Hurtle doesn’t turtle then it’s a play nobody would even think twice about

It was pathetic to see the mindset the Sharts had coming into the 3rd. Clearly their coach told them in be as cheap as possible. They were down 3 goals and their stupid play gave the Blues a goal right off the bat. If they actually focused on playing hockey them they might have had a chance. You know like they said they would do in the press after the Blues “dirty” play in game 1
it was funny to see them send out a ahl scrub to try and goad petro into a scrum ... amatur hour at its finest

LAKingsInsider

May 15, 2019
Today was so fun watching the Sharts get destroyed mentally and physically.

I don't see any feasible way they win on Tuesday, but we shall see? What you all think?

Reactions: brokeu91

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Frankly, I’m feeling like we need to press pause on the victory lap. The series isn’t over yet.
Blues have never been in this position in my lifetime, and would wager nearly half the posters on this boards lives either either. I'm incredibly happy but won't be over the top stoked until the Sharks are floating motionless. The dagger must be buried on Tuesday.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Blues have never been in this position in my lifetime, and would wager nearly half the posters on this boards lives either either. I'm incredibly happy but won't be over the top stoked until the Sharks are floating motionless. The dagger must be buried on Tuesday.
no doubt and agreed ... but those * * * *ers are not going to steal my joy today / tonight ...

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Hopefully no discipline comes to Petro or Barbie for game 6. We've got the advantage in home ice, momentum, and health.
Neither have a reputation as head hunters, we shouldn't have anything to worry about. If I'm an outsider looking at it I saw a team who wanted it more and was simply imposing it's physical will on a team that has all but thrown a temper tantrum over the Blues style of play.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
how many players on the sharks got a game misconduct tonight ? .... mush melon will not save them .. he is toast along with the hippie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->