WCF Game 5: Blackhawks @ Ducks | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
the ducks have dominated of and finally got the w they deserved. didn't the ducks have the first 10 shots in it last game? right... luck

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. I don't think there's any "deserving" in sports. You either win or you don't. The Ducks played better tonight and won because of it.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I expect Freddie will bounce back and shut the door. Bad game but he will rebound! He's calm and with a day to regroup tomorrow, I expect he will be good to go, IF they lost on the other hand..... I would be worried!

Just like when a goalie bails out his team, the pressure taken off Anderson because the Ducks won the game is enormous.

Another Carter Snipe

Terminated User
Oct 20, 2011
San Diego, CA
Bryan Bickell should get comfy in the press box next game. Nothing quite like the wind-up slapshot into the D-man's pads to dump the puck in when a simple wrister along the o-zone boards would have sufficed.

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
Yes but he is clearly not as effective as he was before. Hes playing but he isnt 'dominating' anything.

Lightning fan not wanting to face the Hawks? Pretty sure either one of theses team would be a handful for yours

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. I don't think there's any "deserving" in sports. You either win or you don't. The Ducks played better tonight and won because of it.

the better team doesn't always win. if that was the case they should have won game 2 and the series should be over

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
I expect Andersen to come back strong next game, one off game won't faze him.

Chicago's depth at Defense must be laughable if Timonen can keep getting in these games.

Welcome to the thread. Chicago's defensive depth has been a hot topic for the past couple weeks.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Chicago's depth at Defense must be laughable if Timonen can keep getting in these games.

And Blackhawks fans were SO offended when we'd say we had better depth at the position

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012

Both TVR and Roszival injured.
They were the #5 and #6 d-men.

So left with Timonen who can barely move and Rundblad/Cumiskey who aren't really NHLers.

The fact they're still in this is nothing short of amazing.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
These types of remarks are hilarious. How many other scenarios could you dream up to sway the outcome of the games? If the Hawks had forfeited the regular season, they wouldn't even be in the playoffs right now. Crazy to think, huh?

Why is it "hilarious"? The Ducks have been the better team for probably every single game and especially in both games where they lost in OT. Dominated much of both games including both OT's by a landslide. That is all I'm getting at. But it's hockey and that's the beauty of it. No matter how good one team is playing, the opposing team is never truly out of it.

SLarmer28*

Bickell sucks (that contract .... pathetic!)
Versteeg sucks (that Jimmy Hayes trade looks awful now)
Carcillo sucks
Nordstrom sucks
Rozsival sucks
Rundblad sucks
Timonen sucks

Stan Bowman's legion of trash.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
the better team doesn't always win. if that was the case they should have won game 2 and the series should be over

What you're saying doesn't make sense. Winning and losing is binary. 1's and 0's.

Winning > Losing

> = better

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Why is it "hilarious"? The Ducks have been the better team for probably every single game and especially in both games where they lost in OT. Dominated much of both games including both OT's by a landslide. That is all I'm getting at. But it's hockey and that's the beauty of it. No matter how good one team is playing, the opposing team is never truly out of it.

It's confusing to what you consider better. Better is the team that wins.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
There has been a clear agenda there.

There has. Your fans are tying to pin this loss on one guys play and its not what happened. Turnovers happen 100 times a game and almost never lead to goals.

You wanna throw one of your own guys under the bus, have at it. I think its childish and short sighted.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Cant you just accept you lost instead of picking out a GOAT and blaming it all on him?

I lost? I don't care who wins this series. Bickell made a stupid play. He has one job, get the puck deep. He should have made sure that happened.

Also, I didn't blame it ALL on Bickell. Just a bad play by him on the game winning goal.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark

Yea he should, he's been outstanding up until this game and saved the team several games this series alone, been a lot better than Crawford, 2 really bad goals tonight so it is huge relief for him to not cost the team anything

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
2 things sunk the Hawks. A horrible turnover and a worse rebound. That's all it takes most times. Anderssen better watch it. The Hawks tied it at will and nearly took it

Sleepwalking through the first period is what sunk them.

They still showed they are tough to kill, but you can't give away an entire period like that.

Good for the ducks to capitalize. Game 6 coming up

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
There has. Your fans are tying to pin this loss on one guys play and its not what happened. Turnovers happen 100 times a game and almost never lead to goals.

You wanna throw one of your own guys under the bus, have at it. I think its childish and short sighted.

Bickell made an unforced error. There are turnovers due to the other team applying pressue, then there are stupid plays that lead to turnovers. Bickell made a dumb play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->