GDT: WCF Game #5 ★ Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBCSN, SN, CBC ★ Stars lead 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Hopefully Dellandrea over Dowling.
I'll never understand this . Dellandrea isn't some special elite skilled player.
He's a kid with 0 NHL experience that might one day be Faksa 2.0.
But to think he should play over anyone(save Cogliano because really who shouldn't?) is just crazy.
Give me the player who has NHL experience even if he doesn't have any upside there's a lot less chance of massive downside.
The best you could hope for with Dellandrea is 9mins with no glaring mistakes.
With Dowling you expect that at minimum

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'll never understand this . Dellandrea isn't some special elite skilled player.
But to think he should play over anyone(save Cogliano because really who shouldn't?) is just crazy.
Give me the player who has NHL experience even if he doesn't have any upside there's a lot less chance of massive downside.

I get confused by you sometimes. I say this while also agreeing Dowling is a safer option ... and give me safe in the Western Conference Finals.

You've had similar prove it first opinions in the past about Honka, Gurianov, etc. Any number of rookies. It's not a radical idea. I get confused though about that discussion about Harley for next season. Bury, protect, and shelter him seems right up your alley.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
I would prefer to see Dellandrea as well. Dowling isn’t good defensively and isn’t good offensively either. He just does nothing useful, but nothing bad either. Dowling is AHL caliber. Dellandrea is NHL caliber. Let the kid play.

Of course we will see Dowling over him tho. Which is fine.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I get strong vibes from the people saying Dellandrea is NHL ready and better than Dowling have seen him play once ... when we all did in the warm up game.

Dellandrea would be more exciting that Dowling for sure. It'll be fun if he does play, and I hope he does well. I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. It seems like Dowling will probably be a safer option though.

I'm just a bit blown away by the NHL ready and sure thing better than Dowling claims. We have no idea. 90% of us have not watched the guy, and I'm not sure what you'd be basing this certainty on.

I caught a game or two of his in Texas a year ago, and he definitely seemed more than prepared for the AHL. He seems like he has a shot to steal a job in the NHL possibly next year as well. There's just some stone cold, blind confidence though he can step in looking for the 12th win and a trip to the Stanley Cup and meet that intensity and expectation.

I don't enjoy watching Dowling play, but he plays relatively mistake free. He's safe. It's the playoffs. Sometimes the safer decision is OK if they go that route.

Reactions: DieselPig

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Idk seeing that practise footage i think Hintz plays but since it might be a concussion who knows . Depends on how he felt after the drills.

Reactions: Kcb12345

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Dellandrea is a far superior player over Dowling. All over the ice in all aspects of the game. There is a reason he played in the tuneup games and Dowling didn't -- in fact the last time Dowling played was March 10th.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006

Some times ignorance is bliss, sometimes not. We do have just one game I will admit to play with. Not that I want to lose this by any means.

Well guys, I'm all married up and ready to end this series tonight. Dont care how. They need to come out swinging for the fences. Benn needs to lay a huge hip check to Tuch and shut him up. Reaves can ride the pine like he has all series. He plays to big of a role for Vegas opening the door to the bench for the "skilled" players.

Reactions: Kipper 17 and LT

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Idk seeing that practise footage i think Hintz plays but since it might be a concussion who knows . Depends on how he felt after the drills.

I think it's encouraging too that he was at least skating. If there were current concussion symptoms, he's probably not on the ice this morning. You never know. Hopefully like you said the physically assertion didn't bring anything on.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Dellandrea is a far superior player over Dowling. All over the ice in all aspects of the game. There is a reason he played in the tuneup games and Dowling didn't -- in fact the last time Dowling played was March 10th.

That's inaccurate. Dowling was always going to play. The only reason Dellandrea played was Seguin's injury.

Superior player long-term ... superior career ... probably all true.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
FWIW .... Dowling also took regular shifts that game and PP time. Dellandrea was the 13th forward until Andrew Cogliano was injured.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Can you imagine trading Shea Theodore simply to stop the other team from taking 1 of Manson or Vatanen in expansion? God I hope teams don't do crazy, dump stuff this expansion draft.

Theodore has been fun to watch. I have to admit I overlooked him a bit at first.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Can you imagine trading Shea Theodore simply to stop the other team from taking 1 of Manson or Vatanen in expansion? God I hope teams don't do crazy, dump stuff this expansion draft.

Theodore has been fun to watch. I have to admit I overlooked him a bit at first.

I would hope teams have learned their lessons and just let Seattle pick who they want, but the cap situation will cause a few stupid moves again, I'm sure.

Florida, Anaheim, and every team who traded Vegas a 1st or 2nd round pick should all be ridiculed for their horrific decision making.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Yes he did, and he played more than Dellandrea

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Have a good feeling about this one. I suspect Vegas comes out way stronger but the Stars handle it and rally back, similar to last game but with better play on our end.

Vegas doesn't seem to have the same compete level as Colorado did. Oddly enough I have a feeling that series will be very reminiscent of our series against the Blues last year.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Hoping the experience we got from Game 5 last series comes to hand quickly. Bishop was bad but we still allowed 19 shots to 3 or something and allowed them to walk by us, we werent ready.

Hopefully a valuable lesson learned, we can answer their intensity and over run them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad