GDT: WCF Game #5 ★ Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBCSN, SN, CBC ★ Stars lead 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
i just saw the highlights. gurianov with a f***ing cannon what a warrior

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I'm as excited as anyone here, but whats up with using the F bomb in so many happy posts?

Keep it classy Stars fans. This run may be drawing some younger fans to HF. Or, just do it for your own self.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'm as excited as anyone here, but whats up with using the F bomb in so many happy posts?

Keep it classy Stars fans. This run may be drawing some younger fans to HF. Or, just do it for your own self.
Nothing wrong with the F Bomb, probably my most utilized word. Also said much worse things at 8 than has been posted here.
Hell I name object, Variables and Methods in code after it too. I even named one of my corporate programs f***bringer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Everyones just super excited and they're censored anyways. Something crazy like this goes down sometimes you just cant help yourself but shout lol

Reactions: Henderson33

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia

We've watched this team for 20 years fail to make another Cup Final, people are going to be crazy.

As long as we're not on other boards saying things we're fine. We are excited, and we deserve to be, many have never been in this position before, including myself. I don't even remember half the posts I made tonight because of the excitement.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
We've watched this team for 20 years fail to make another Cup Final, people are going to be crazy.

As long as we're not on other boards saying things we're fine. We are excited, and we deserve to be, many have never been in this position before, including myself. I don't even remember half the posts I made tonight because of the excitement.

Lmao last post I have memory of making was "Well onto game 6" or something like that when Vegas went up 2-0 hahaha feels good damn.

Reactions: LT and Henderson33

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This is random but Kiviranta is the exact type of player the Stars have needed in their bottom 6. Depth player that has skill and a finishing ability. Should hopefully be a 15 goal - 30+ point guy for the Stars next season

Huge props to the coaching staff for giving him a chance on the PP with Faksa out.

SwissMountaineer

Mar 13, 2019
This is random but Kiviranta is the exact type of player the Stars have needed in their bottom 6. Depth player that has skill and a finishing ability. Should hopefully be a 15 goal - 30+ point guy for the Stars next season

Huge props to the coaching staff for giving him a chance on the PP with Faksa out.

That kid (or should I say Kiv') is scoring absolutely yuuuuge goals. In the game 7 a hattrick, and now an incredible GTG. I hope people realize how difficult it was to lift the puck from that spot to the roof - sure most guys can do that in a practise, but in a series clinching conference final with a few minutes left, when you're down by one? This man has no nerves at all.

In the beginning of the season everyone were wondering why is this guy even here. Now you know. He is doing things on the ice that will be remembered for decades. It's really that big.

Reactions: DieselPig

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Idk seems like beeing with the team for this such a long period time in a row massively boosted Kivis confidence. You read the reports from when he came over. He wasn't sure himself that he was good enough to be an NHL player and his english by his own estimation wasn't good enough. Early in the year he struggled to adjust to playing in the AHL. With time he got better and look alright enough for a short NHL stint where he looked ok . Certainly not like a guy who could score goals like that. His four goals this post season those are all skillplays and 2 of them are just great shots where he just roofs it.

Stars posted a video earlier today that was basically an interview with Oettinger about this the bubble and the team and him personally and the conclusion was the whole bubble experience made him feel like he is part of the team . One of the guys . Earlier it probably felt wierd but now almost 2 months into this everybody on the roster bubble roster will know each other very well. This to me feels like is huge for younger players .

Last edited:
Reactions: Johno

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I recall before the pandemic hit, actually quite early in the season if I remember correctly, Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet here in Canada predicted the Stars to be his pick to win the Cup. I thought it was an odd choice, I just didn't really consider the Stars. Nothing stood out to me about your team, your identity, your difference makers. They've surprised me with their success in this Bubble format.

Have to love all Texas sports teams, so I wish you well in the finals. I'm still not even sure what your secret recipe is, I didn't watch enough of you throughout the season to pin it down. Seems to me in my short time watching, rely on a strong forecheck, great goaltending and collective leadership that believes in themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad