GDT: WCF Game 4: Vegas Golden Knights @ Dallas Stars | 5:00PM | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS | DAL Lead 2-1

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
upload_2020-9-12_23-37-37-jpeg.367218

Stolen from the mains.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Personally I’m not surprised at losing the series to Dallas. But losing the series in 5 games? I didn’t expect Dallas to embarrass us.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Personally I’m not surprised at losing the series to Dallas. But losing the series in 5 games? I didn’t expect Dallas to embarrass us.

Is Dallas really embarrassing us? Without the colossal f*** ups Schmidt-Mcnabb are throwing out we could be winning these games 1-0. We're embarrassing ourselves.

Reactions: Vegas07

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
The Gallant people are the same people who think Fleury should still be the starter. This team wasn't even going to make the playoffs the way things were going.

I didn't think Deboer was the answer and didn't like him due to the Sharks connection but the team has done a complete 180 since he was hired. The coach is always easy to blame but he's not the one out there missing wide open nets from 5 feet out or giving the puck away or taking dumb penalties. Even just below average shooting or puck luck and this series is 3-1 the other way. Dallas is hardly doing anything offensively either. Thems the breaks.

Last edited:

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Since the Stone trade we have been pretty lucky. When line 1 isn't scoring line 2 is hot and vice versa. Right now both lines are cold. Doesn't matter which one but one has to get going.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Man is the pity party over yet? I am confident this team can win three in a row and I'm pretty sure the team is too. They may not, but they ain't just going to pack it up and go home tonight. The same thing was said to the Avs and they had to go without seven starters and use a minor league goalie and almost pulled it off. Move on, disappointing finish and sure some things could go better, but acting like the series is over does no good. Players aren't going to listen to us thankfully, let's see what happens on Monday

Reactions: Puckrobber

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Man is the pity party over yet? I am confident this team can win three in a row and I'm pretty sure the team is too. They may not, but they ain't just going to pack it up and go home tonight. The same thing was said to the Avs and they had to go without seven starters and use a minor league goalie and almost pulled it off. Move on, disappointing finish and sure some things could go better, but acting like the series is over does no good. Players aren't going to listen to us thankfully, let's see what happens on Monday

How are they going to score enough to win 3 games? This disappearing act from the forwards has lasted long enough now that you can't expect it's going to magically go away.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
upload_2020-9-12_23-37-37-jpeg.367218

Stolen from the mains.

I've felt we make it harder on our goalies than it appears and this really shows. Our goalies get runs of little action followed by breakdowns and quality scoring opportunities with the other goalie getting warmed up with easy shots for getting into the game and building confidence and less quality chances against and then getting massive credit for saving 20 shots to the chest and about 4 or 5 actual chances.

Reactions: PaulD and Vegas07

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Where's our MacKinnon and Rantanen? We don't have their firepower.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
As an L.A. Kings fan for many years, I've watched them play like tonight's game many times, with the same luck. I've also watched them come back from down 0-3, to win a series, then win the Cup. Anything is possible.

The Knights have to do everything they can to get the 1st goal, then, play lock-down defense. Quit giving 2-on-1's and breakaways immediately after scoring. Knock Dallas on their asses, and shoot at Khudobin from everywhere. Not just the top of the zone. Plus, get more bodies in front, for Christ's sake! Hamper his vision!

OK, rant over.......:D

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Marchessault and Pacioretty have played the worst but Stone and Stastny are veteran leaders so they have to be there, and Schmidt and McNabb. Those six players have disappointed and we are where we are. If we find a way to get to the cup then at least half of those six need to start stepping up consistently.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

Personally I thought there have been times when the team looked deflated even in the Vancouver series. It’s so discouraging to feel like you need 20 shots to score, and the other team needs a lot less than that. You finally get that goal and then bam, the other team ties it up without having to work nearly as hard for it.

I actually don’t think it’s over. A win in game 5, ESPECIALLY if the team finds a way to get some scorers going, could definitely change the momentum of the series. But first that needs to happen and I’m not feeling good about that part. A 1-0 win would make me less confident, but at least in that scenario it gives the team more time to figure something out and it’s a 3-2 series instead of 3-1. And there would be more questions about the Dallas offense in that scenario.

I wouldn’t say I’m confident, but I am thinking just win game 5 and it’s an interesting series again. That’s a lot more optimistic than what I’m seeing/hearing from most people. I’m mostly hearing that it’s over.

Is Stone going to be okay though?

Last edited:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Marchessault was a scorer the last couple of years in the playoffs. 8 goals in 20 games in 2018 and 4 goals in 7 games in 2019. He had some really important ones too. But with only 1 in his last 16 games, I feel like I’m watching a different player out there even if he can be streaky.

Reactions: PaulD

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Makes me wonder how things would have gone with Gallant if he went with Whitecloud.

Probably the same as when Gallant coached a bunch of kids in Florida.
I mean...he played Hague a lot and Whitecloud was more NHL-ready this year. Just injured to start the season and McCrimmon didn't call him up until Feb.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It's time to give Krebs the audition. 1 game in the playoffs + 9 games next season.

Tuch, Whitecloud, Lehner and especially Theodore have given me so much hope moving forward. I want something more to believe in with Glass rehabbing outside the bubble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puckrobber

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
So PDB was enough to get them up 3-1 on Vancouver and he suddenly told every forward to stop scoring? Cmon this isn't a coaching problem. This is 110% on this group of top 6 forwards who have just shit the bed continuously for the last two weeks.
You dont measure a coaches ability when his team is on a winning streak, you watch what he does when his team is losing streak.

But yes. Guys like Marchy and Smith have showed us nothing. Throw Deboer in there with them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->