GDT: WCF Game #4 ★ Vegas Golden Knights vs Dallas Stars , 7:00 PM CT ★ NBCSN, CBC , SN ★ Stars lead 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

EhqBsLQXsAAZ-fX

Hopefully Dobby got some rest and protein'd up.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I think I would rather play Dellandrea than Cogliano. Hell I think Dowling is a better option than Cogliano. I know Bowness won’t though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think I would rather play Dellandrea than Cogliano. Hell I think Dowling is a better option than Cogliano. I know Bowness won’t though.

No . Thats a penalty killing role on the team. Dowling does not fill that role. Dellandrea has not played at all so no he's not going to play and imho if he plays it would only be to fill in a top 6 spot.

Faksas role 5on5 is purely as a checking forward. You gotta fill that with another one of those.

Reactions: LT

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Dickinson hasn't been bad, but he's mostly been invisible. He just stepped into a pretty huge role. It's not exactly minor who is going to replace Faksa on the PP though. He's been a solid net front presence cleaning up some of Gurianov's one timers for goals or just screen the goalie on the shot.

I'm guessing Janmark. When Perry was out at times they put Janmark on the unit. I'm not endorsing this FWIW .... just pointing it out. If we're going meritocracy though .... throw Kiviranta out there with that unit. He's by far not a PP guy traditionally .... but neither is Janmark. I hope they go with Kivi just because he has been playing so well with Gurianov and Hintz when they were together. We just need to get Perry off and go with an extra D so Lindell the Godfather can be on the ice with the entire Finnish Mafia.

Cogs is definitely coming in though. No question. I'd be stunned and equally impressed if it wasn't him.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Dickinson has been extremely good on the PK.

Big role for him tonight.

I'm actually way more interested in how he looks as a checking center. He's been fine in the regular season a handful of times, but this is a massive difference. Thank God it's not MacKinnon. I'm sure he'll be fine, I just wish he was a little more noticeable prior to tonight. I'm actually not entirely freaked out about the PK because I am assuming Cogliano is the guy coming in. I'm not a Cogs fan, but he's a good option on the PK.

Reactions: catters078

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Faksa is a huge loss but i could see some other players wanting to step up havr bigger impacts and fly around...knowing the importance of Faksas impact.

I think we will be skating hard.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I just really hope it's not long-term, but it's hard to assume it's not. It's his hand ... it's not a muscle injury. If he can't play because it's broken today, I have hard time seeing him playing soon. They're going to have a tough time without him potentially.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Anyone heard anything from Morning skate?

Lines?

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Janmark-Pavelski-Gurianov
Cogliano-Dickinson-Comeau
Kiviranta-Hintz-Perry

Might have to split up Kivi-Hintz-Guri because that would leave Janmark-Pav-Perry which could be exploited for speed

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
They never talk about lines in morning skate (in the bubble). You won't see anything until the pre-game skate.

That said, they probably aren't going to shake it up. I highly doubt they break up Benn-Seguin-Radulov to start this game. Dickinson probably just slides over to center with Cogliano coming in.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I said this back in February about Khudobhin and the Leafs:

"Why didn't the Leafs check in on Khudobin in Dallas, one of the best backups in the last 5 years. He's a UFA next year, 2.5 a year. A steal.

Dubas gets a bandaid, even though every year Andersson suffers from sort of significant injury. Oh boy :/"

Due to despising the leafs I'm glad he is in Dallas having an eye opening playoffs.
Go Stars!

Reactions: Smelling Salt

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
NBC is legitimately claiming Reaves not playing enough was a problem for Vegas that needs to be corrected this game.

Please Vegas .... Please correct this insane error. Play Reaves 20 minutes. Dallas would be totally screwed.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
NBC is legitimately claiming Reaves not playing enough was a problem for Vegas that needs to be corrected this game.

Please Vegas .... Please correct this insane error. Play Reaves 20 minutes. Dallas would be totally screwed.

“Vegas has to roll all 4 lines”
“When they’re on their 4th line is one of the best in the league”

LMFAO

Someone make Keith Jones coach of Vegas for a few games please

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That fourth line throughout the playoffs has not played more than 10 minutes for Vegas. Like seriously this nonsense has to stop.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB

Hahahahaha omg. Please play them more.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Gotta wonder how much of Reaves’ ridiculous contract is going to NBC

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Part of Vegas’ main issues are that they cannot reliably roll 4 lines. It’s been an issue for them in all of their playoff runs. They either get exposed badly or everyone else gets worn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad