GDT: WCF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights @ Dallas Stars | 5:00PM | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS | Series Tied 1-1

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Game after game give up 4 or 5 shots over 20+ minute stretches but most of those chances are breakaways or 2 on 1's that end up in the back of the net. How can you be so dominant yet so bad at the same time?

Reactions: Nighthock

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We can't keep outshooting teams 2-1 & losing games. The forwards on this team, namely Stone, Patches Marchy & Smith need to find their scoring touch.

Goalies having career games against us is normal. I think it's more us than them. They take many shots not many high quality shots. Though tonight was not as bad as many others.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
McNabb and Schmidt completely forgot to play defense. Schmidt in particular had no reason to be pushing up so high at that point. Do it after we get the blueline, not before. I might understand if we were pushing to tie but not in motherf***ing overtime man.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Until the third they didn't really have many good chances, Wild Bill was about it. They did seem to try some different things later, passes down low and some shots looking for a tip. They gotta stop just trying to pump pucks indiscriminately, Stars are blocking way too many. Do some shot fakes and hesitation moves, shoot wide on purpose, make the final pass, do things that aren't so straight up and more shots will go in.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
McNabb and Schmidt completely forgot to play defense. Schmidt in particular had no reason to be pushing up so high at that point. Do it after we get the blueline, not before. I might understand if we were pushing to tie but not in motherf***ing overtime man.

That's Knights hockey, they are going to live and die by it. I do have to say Whutecloud does a good job of being patient and defensively responsible by not forcing too many passes and being willing to hold the puck in safe areas. I wish Nate did that more, but that's just not how Nate plays or thinks. If he's not creating offense he's probably going to be a - player.

Reactions: HanSolo

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
We know that 90% of our offense doesn't have to come from just Teddy and Tuch right?

Didn't watch the game because of work, but it sounds like we need to stop playing stupid hockey. "Hey this thing hasn't worked the last hundred times we've done it!" "Better do it another hundred times just to be sure"

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
We know that 90% of our offense doesn't have to come from just Teddy and Tuch right?

Didn't watch the game because of work, but it sounds like we need to stop playing stupid hockey. "Hey this thing hasn't worked the last hundred times we've done it!" "Better do it another hundred times just to be sure"

Yeah you saved yourself a lot of frustration, two Stars goals hit Lehners pads and still went in and then a perfect shot off the post to win it. In between a lot of shots off Dallas shins and Nosek getting hurt by a questionable open ice hit. Frustrating game but that's hockey.

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Yeah you saved yourself a lot of frustration, two Stars goals hit Lehners pads and still went in and then a perfect shot off the post to win it. In between a lot of shots off Dallas shins and Nosek getting hurt by a questionable open ice hit. Frustrating game but that's hockey.
As long as we play better on Sunday... well your Saturday. It's annoying only being able to catch 1 game a week.... or likely series.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
As long as we play better on Sunday... well your Saturday. It's annoying only being able to catch 1 game a week.... or likely series.

I DVR the games anyways, can you do that over there? I can't imagine just checking in to see what the score was at this stage of the playoffs, Knights fans are surely spoiled but there will come a day you wish you had semi final games to watch.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I DVR the games anyways, can you do that over there? I can't imagine just checking in to see what the score was at this stage of the playoffs, Knights fans are surely spoiled but there will come a day you wish you had semi final games to watch.
Not so much, i need to subscribe to center ice or whatever it’s called and then somehow watch the full game replay without seeing the score first. Biggest issue is time zones, games can range from 6am to 4 or 5pm depending on time of year, day of week and where we play. Maybe I need to secretly learn how to stream games directly into my mind lol

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
giphy.gif

Some iffy’s by Lehner tonight... A few of the fellas need to get off the schneid as too. Hoping to see more Game 2 Knights Saturday.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Smith has been making uncharacteristically dumb decisions with the puck. Marchy's been a little better than he was against Vancouver, and WB has been good to great the past 2 games. Tuch-WB-Stone should be kept intact for next game.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Smith has been making uncharacteristically dumb decisions with the puck. Marchy's been a little better than he was against Vancouver, and WB has been good to great the past 2 games. Tuch-WB-Stone should be kept intact for next game.

Patches looks lost though when he's not with Stone. He looks off to me, missing passes, missing on one-times, not getting as physical as he can be. Might be banged up or distracted by the bubble, but he's definitely not looking like a threat right now. Then again he goes on those runs and if he can get on one now this team is going to take off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad