WCF Game 3: Sharks @ Blues | 7:00 PM CT | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
If the Blues don't have the setback of missing the empty net, they win in regulation and this play never happens. But we'll never know who would've won had this bad of an error not been made.

For the 5000th time, read the whole rule

I’ve read them all now

The only one that makes sense to maybe blow the whistle here is the “advantage” part of the rules.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
If the Blues don't have the setback of missing the empty net, they win in regulation and this play never happens. But we'll never know who would've won had this bad of an error not been made.

For the 5000th time, read the whole rule
or they could have called the trip on meier and put the buzzing sharks on the PP. i mean do you acknowledge the blues were getting outplayed pretty bad in OT?

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
He directed the puck into empty ice in a prime scoring area, that's a huge advantage

That’s the only part of the rule that I have read that could call for the whistle to be blown but that’s also a judgement call same with “was it a pass” another judgement call.

For me the word advantage means where that puck landed obviously favors San Jose.. to me it was open ice and any player of either team could have gotten to that puck.

But either way it wasn’t a hand pass. And the advantage part of the rule the way it’s worded is stupid.

It’s subject to interpretation

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
or they could have called the trip on meier and put the buzzing sharks on the PP. i mean do you acknowledge the blues were getting outplayed pretty bad in OT?
The Blues were being outplayed, but that doesn't guarantee a goal. The Blues outshot Dallas 18-1 in the 2nd period of game 7, but neither team scored a goal.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
That’s the only part of the rule that I have read that could call for the whistle to be blown but that’s also a judgement call same with “was it a pass” another judgement call.

For me the word advantage means where that puck landed obviously favors San Jose.. to me it was open ice and any player of either team could have gotten to that puck.

But either way it wasn’t a hand pass. And the advantage part of the rule the way it’s worded is stupid.
Just because it goes into open ice for anyone to grab doesn't mean it's completely even as to which team gets to the puck first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->