WCF Game 3: Sharks @ Blues | 7:00 PM CT | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Damn glad The Sharks won. And I hope to Grier they win this series.

Any crowd that sings horrible John Denver songs needs to be silenced.

"Take Me Home, Country Roads" is cringe worthy.

giphy.gif

So I'm a rocker with an edge, is that so wrong?? I come from a drinking town with a sports problem Deal with it. lol

Reactions: Phu

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
So ignoring a trip is cool but ignoring a guy waving his hand at the puck isn't. Got it.

Also: ignoring a guy getting hit in the head, and ignoring a guy flipping the puck over the glass (who later scored the go-ahead goal while he should’ve been in the box). The latter was the same scenario as the hand pass, the refs missed an obvious infraction that’s not reviewable.

With all that said yes, the Sharks were very fortunate to get that call. But why are some missed calls ok and others aren’t? That’s the part that confuses me.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Ok get rid of the word advantage.

He played it with his hand towards the Blues goal.

The Blues can try to TAKE POSSESSION to negate it RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR NET or let the Sharks play it for a call.

If the Blues try to touch there are several Sharks in the area, all it takes is one crazy bounce off shin pad or a stick to an open player and game over.

Blues aren't playing that puck because it will cause chaos in front of the net.

I wonder if the NHL will come out and either admit this was a bad call or provide some kind of explanation why it was a good goal? I wish they would do that sort of thing. You make a good point there.. if I’m the blues maybe I don’t even touch the puck because why would I? It’s a hand pass right.. I guess after this now though you just gotta play that puck if you can. Why take the chance right. Maybe the ref didn’t see it or maybe the ref didn’t see it as a hand pass and didn’t see it as an “advantage” the way the rule is written is kind of stupid if you ask me

masterofallxix

Aug 5, 2005
San Diego/ San Jose
Opinion isn’t conclusive. And they want the sharks to play the bruins cause of elbow joe.
And they wanted the Sharks to play the Bruins since round 1 when the Sharks and Bruins were both down 3 games to 1 and 2, respectively, in the first round? Sureeeeee....sounds like a huge reach. Again if you think the league is rigged - then by all means...go watch another sport.

masterofallxix

Aug 5, 2005
San Diego/ San Jose
The Sharks won the game due to the ineptitude of 4 officials on the ice. Any of those 4 can call a hand pass.
Like I said, it’s not the Sharks fault. Not like they would give the goal back. I know I wouldn’t.
I’m not boycotting but the NHL has had big problems this playoff season with the refs and they’re going to have to do something to improve it
How do you expect one of the 4 refs to call it if they don't see or notice it? Does human error not exist? On replay its crystal clear - in real time unless you are looking at the play dead-on, it would be very hard to notice. Sure, we can go back and look at the replays multiple times, but the refs don't have that ability.

Every fan base the Sharks have competed against have complained about the refs on the ice. At this rate there will be no refs left and this HFBoards thread will have to find refs ourselves. Cmon now...

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
Blues fans crying about a hand pass, but not acknowledging the huge break the Blues got on the puck over the glass. Refs make mistakes, move on to the next game.

Reactions: KirbyDots and Phu

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Also: ignoring a guy getting hit in the head, and ignoring a guy flipping the puck over the glass (who later scored the go-ahead goal while he should’ve been in the box). The latter was the same scenario as the hand pass, the refs missed an obvious infraction that’s not reviewable.

With all that said yes, the Sharks were very fortunate to get that call. But why are some missed calls ok and others aren’t? That’s the part that confuses me.

...and ignoring an empty net

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Blues fans crying about a hand pass, but not acknowledging the huge break the Blues got on the puck over the glass. Refs make mistakes, move on to the next game.
It's almost like this mistake ended the game while there was still ~30min of regulation after the puck over the glass

masterofallxix

Aug 5, 2005
San Diego/ San Jose
It's almost like this mistake ended the game while there was still ~30min of regulation after the puck over the glass
And why does it matter at what point of the game a missed call was? Are the refs supposed to be more laser-accurate in calls in overtime or something? Or are they supposed to call as good of a game as they possibly can throughout the entire game? A mistake is a mistake - it just so happens that this mistake was in OT and the Sharks capitalized on it.

Reactions: Saskatoon

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis

All missed penalties. I agree.

Did any of those lead to the GWG being illegally scored by the blues?

THAT'S the difference.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Fellow Blues fans, let's move on. Yeah, it was a bad call. So what. It shouldn't have gone to overtime in the first place. We let them back in the game. This team has proven it can handle adversity. I am going to deal with it the same way I hope the players do, dismiss it entirely, immediately, and move on to the next game. We are not going to lay down and die like the Golden Knights just because we were dealt a bad hand. Lets regroup and defeat them on the ice despite the officiating.
lemme tell ya, the last thing the knights did at any point in the series was lay down and die. Even in game 7, that was mostly the sharks being absolute fire after Pavelski got hurt. And still the OT went hard for almost the whole period.

Reactions: simon IC

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
And why does it matter at what point of the game a missed call was? Are the refs supposed to be more laser-accurate in calls in overtime or something? Or are they supposed to call as good of a game as they possibly can throughout the entire game? A mistake is a mistake - it just so happens that this mistake was in OT and the Sharks capitalized on it.
Because a mistake with 30min left to play give whoever suffered time to overcome any setbacks that happen, but when the game ends on an illegal play, there's no way to overcome or outplay it.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
lemme tell ya, the last thing the knights did at any point in the series was lay down and die. Even in game 7, that was mostly the sharks being absolute fire after Pavelski got hurt. And still the OT went hard for almost the whole period.
Fair enough. I shouldn't have called out the Golden Knights. I was just trying to make a point.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Because a mistake with 30min left to play give whoever suffered time to overcome any setbacks that happen, but when the game ends on an illegal play, there's no way to overcome or outplay it.
except overcoming those setbacks is why it was in OT in the first place. without having had those setbacks the game maybe doesn't go to OT at all and the sharks win in regulation.
for a game to end on one play, a lot has to happen beforehand and it all matters.

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
Also, re-watching the game, Meir was badly tripped, which is why he was on the ground to make the hand pass. That was a missed call. (No, a still image doesnt prove he was tripped, but the video shows it pretty clearly and obviously)

Maybe the ref had that in his mind "just spared the blues a penalty, next call goes to the sharks"

Heck if I know though.

Attachments

• trip.png
    trip.png
    417.6 KB · Views: 7

Malbec Rules

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Its not all of the Blues fans, theres been plenty of reasonable ones besides that one dimwit saying its all an NHL conspiracy.

I’ll also give Berube a lot of credit in his post game interview. He was clearly pissed but said basically theres nothing that can be done, so move on and get ready for the next game.

Reactions: Saskatoon

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Why does him being behind the net when the puck is hit keep him from gaining an advantage? Whether or not an advantage could have been prevented isn’t written into the rule. Only if an advantage is gained. It was gained because nyquist and the sharks retained possession of the puck in a good area of the ice.

A player shall be permitted to stop or “bat” a puck in the air with his open hand, or push it along the ice with his hand, and the play shall not be stopped unless, in the opinion of the Referee, he has deliberately directed the puck to a teammate

GOod goal

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
All missed penalties. I agree.

Did any of those lead to the GWG being illegally scored by the blues?

THAT'S the difference.

Eh, we can argue till we’re blue in the face. Both missed calls resulted in a goal. If Perron goes to the box then the Sharks maintain their 3-2 lead, the game might not even get to OT, and we’re not having this conversation. You guys have a right to be upset, it’s just exhausting hearing about conspiracy theories and asterisks, especially when the bad calls have gone both ways.

And let’s not forget this series is only 2-1 and these teams are really evenly matched. Long way to go.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
except overcoming those setbacks is why it was in OT in the first place. without having had those setbacks the game maybe doesn't go to OT at all and the sharks win in regulation.
for a game to end on one play, a lot has to happen beforehand and it all matters.
If the Blues don't have the setback of missing the empty net, they win in regulation and this play never happens. But we'll never know who would've won had this bad of an error not been made.
A player shall be permitted to stop or “bat” a puck in the air with his open hand, or push it along the ice with his hand, and the play shall not be stopped unless, in the opinion of the Referee, he has deliberately directed the puck to a teammate

GOod goal
For the 5000th time, read the whole rule

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

GOod goal
Now quote the right rule:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->