GDT: WCF Game #2 ★ Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBCSN, SN ★ Stars lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
1 shot on 7 odd man rushes (according to NBC, and not even at end of game, might have been a few more)

These last two games certainly make me question if their offensive hot streak is over, it they are clutching the stick a bit, finally feeling the pressure because a few TV announcers finally said "Maybe they are good." or whatever. If so, we know their streaks tend to last a while.

Or, is it just natural that a good team would fight back, and thus, natural the Stars will fight back as they have before these playoffs?

Probably the latter, but in the end, I think the favored VGS team will win a long series.

I think it also has something to do with who the opposition goalie is. Guys like Talbot, Rittich, Francouz and Hutchinson aren't particularly good. You can capitilize a lot more on weaker goals, rebounds, bouncing pucks etc... Lehner is a different beast. 245 pounds and an athletic freak of nature with great positioning. Gonna be a lot tougher to take advantage of any favourable bounces the Stars might get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad