GDT: WCF Game #1 ★ Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, Sportsnet ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well there was that Bishop fit / unfit shenanigans but other than that I agree.

Bishop probably overexaggerated how "healthy" he actually was by alot and the coaching staff believed him. I understand that . He's our #1 and if he says he's ready and aparently he looked good in practise you go with him . Turned out bad idea. Shit happens.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Well there was that Bishop fit / unfit shenanigans but other than that I agree.

I was gonna mention, but it was a gamble that we lost.

If Bishop was ready and looked good, we suddenly become that much stronger. Unfortunately he wasn’t and still isn’t.

Going up 3-1 gave us the luxury of taking that gamble and fortunately it didn’t cost us too heavily.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
idk i thought he was actually pretty good overall today, and noticeable for a lot of the right reasons
Agreed, definitely his best game overall. Too bad he couln't bury one of his chances, but if he play's like that everygame I'd be thrilled.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I’m given them so much shit but the coaching has really been fantastic since the round robin ended.

The right adjustments are being made, generally the right line-up changes are happening, the balancing has been fantastic. The biggest thing is that it feels like it takes a 5 goal lead to count this team out, otherwise they’re still in it and will fight and claw back. I don’t think we could ask for much better coaching.

It seems like everything is coming together at the right time. Just have to keep it going for another few weeks.

I kinda wonder how many will even be here next season. I can easily envision a scenario where Bowness retires, Laxdal gets the head job, and Stevens gets another head coaching job elsewhere. If the Stars win the Cup, maybe Nelson gets a shot on another team as well. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->