Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The stats have been lights out defensively. Otter has not looked comfortable in net more than a few games. He’s committing too soon on some, overcommitting on others. I don’t think it’ll take much to rattle his confidence.
Dallas blew massive multigoal leads in the first two games against Colorado because the whole team just fell apart. That wasn't Otter. He didn't help, but the team has their own tendencies to get rattled when the pressure is on.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Then we are in trouble.
Especially if Broten or Cicarrelli rise up to the occassion.

I would even call up Sam Gagner to match up against his dad Dave, he might know some tricks to stop the old man.
At least that would mean Churla wouldn't have to be the only muscle.

Reactions: Coffey

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
My wife tells me which guys are good looking from either team and I get upset with her because Draisatl is the only correct answer. Am I wrong here?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Then we are in trouble.
Especially if Broten or Cicarrelli rise up to the occassion.

I would even call up Sam Gagner to match up against his dad Dave, he might know some tricks to stop the old man.
Possible we can't stand up to Hatchett-job and Slashvichuk, but I like our boys resolve.

• Haha

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Don’t really wanna give you weirdos any more but here are some trees by me since u care so much. You can quote me if I’m wrong but that won’t happen save them anyways cause mcdavid is a weapon and if he tries his hardest maybe they surprise me
Don’t believe you until we see a picture of you actually there. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
I can tell by the quiver in Benn’s voice that he doesn’t believe what he’s saying. The guys in the room always pick up on stuff like that too. This lack of leadership by the Stars will be their eventual downfall.
I mean that was taken before the Vegas series in 2020, which they won in 5, so you you're...
Oilers have played the 7th and 3rd best teams in the West. Dallas played the 8th and 4th.

Hurr durr quality of opponent
You think the Kings and Canucks were better than the Knights and Avs. :laugh:

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Dallas blew massive multigoal leads in the first two games against Colorado because the whole team just fell apart. That wasn't Otter. He didn't help, but the team has their own tendencies to get rattled when the pressure is on.
I agree for the most part. But I still see a susceptible goalie if the oil get to him through their stifling defensive structure.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I agree for the most part. But I still see a susceptible goalie if the oil get to him through their stifling defensive structure.
Every goalie has their moments, even Igor looked shaky in their game 6 elimination of Carolina, but Otter has bailed out his team way more than the other way around.

Reactions: ElGuapo and Elysian

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
most worried about special teams. if mcdri gets the mackinnon treatment, they'll basically be able to call their own penalties and get away with whatever they wish.

would not bode well for the stars. 5v5 i feel pretty confident in dallas' ability to carry the play.

Reactions: Elysian

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
most worried about special teams. if mcdri gets the mackinnon treatment, they'll basically be able to call their own penalties and get away with whatever they wish.

would not bode well for the stars. 5v5 i feel pretty confident in dallas' ability to carry the play.
That is the key for Edmonton. Play even at 5 on 5 and win at special teams. Goaltending is a big advantage your way but Oilers have learned how to defend so the litmus is whether they can carry that forward.

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
To my point though. That quiver in his voice still showed up after Vegas. The disbelief was always going to end their run. And that story shall repeat.
:laugh: Your point was proven wrong. He made a speech, his team followed through with it and steam rolled the team. Can the Oilers players even hear McDavid when he talks, or do they need to get him a megaphone for his pregame speeches?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm not even going to pretend my Oil are better than Dallas. They are unbelievably well built.

I did pick my Oil in 7. We need everything to go right for us though. I mean everything....

McDrai and Bouch to keep rolling
Hollo to keep surprising
Skinner to be .910
Nurse to improve before Thursday
Ceci to improve... oh who the f*** am I kidding

Nonetheless... Oilers in 7. I jumped on this wagon a long ass time ago and am not jumping off.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Thats because the majority of your "depth" is 21 year old kids.
I think the biggest problem is chugging out Lundqvist and Suter for like 4 minutes a game, forcing the other D to play like 30 minutes each. Against a speedy team like Colorado, you get pinned in your own zone for 2 minutes at a time is basically an insurmountable task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad