Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
What a weirdly disingenuous comment. That #8 seed team is likely the 2nd best team in the Western Conference these playoffs.

I followed it up a few posts later by stating they were the defending champions who were decidedly unimpressive after the opening month of the season: 34-28-7, .544 Points Percentage, won less than half their games, -4 goal differential, after an 11-0-1 start +26 start. Equally unimpressive was their 3-4 finish during the final two weeks of the season.

Someone else said something similar to you and they mentioned reputation. Okay, so you guys bought into the rep of this Vegas squad and can’t plug back into reality.

Going to be interesting to hear how the Oilers are still not the best Western Conference team when they’re playing in the Finals in three weeks.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
A Roloson would certainly help, but if you wanna reference that 2006 team I think ya'll need a Chris Pronger type a lot more. Not necessarily a HOFer that puts the fear of god into opponents, but at least a true #1 that bumps everyone down a spot on the depth chart.
Wait until you hear about Evan Bouchard. No Pronger of course, but he has absolutely been playing like a true #1 for the entire year.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I’m very curious to see how the special teams work out in this one.

Avs have a streaky yet efficient powerplay but Dallas shut them down very effectively. It will be interesting to see how they fare against the best in the league.

Overall, I don’t have a lot of faith in Otter and expect Edmonton to expose him better than we did. How will Dallas handle the adversity? Some fun plot lines to follow here as a neutral.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
A Roloson would certainly help, but if you wanna reference that 2006 team I think ya'll need a Chris Pronger type a lot more. Not necessarily a HOFer that puts the fear of god into opponents, but at least a true #1 that bumps everyone down a spot on the depth chart.
Yeah, guy who has 20 points in 12 games in POs apparently isn't a true #1.

So how many teams do you think have this mythica #1 #2 pairing that you're envisioning? Makar-Bouchard? Yeah, Oilers would be pretty good with them. Shocker right there.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
I'm really excited for this series. Obviously, we're going to have to be firing from all cylinders to win right from game 1, but when this team is on, I think we can beat anyone. It'll start from the net out, Skinner has to play the best he's ever played. Here's hoping we can get fully healthy, getting Henrique back will be a big add as he can slot in nicely on the top line. I think whatever illness has been going through the locker room has run its course, or at least should by Thursday. Here's to getting some revenge for my childhood.

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
Dallas has depth, goaltending. They have been the better team overall. Oilers has the McDrai xfactor and special teams. Dallas needs to be better on the PK this series. Oilers needs better than mediocre goaltending, and not have the bottom 6 crumble. Im an Oilers fan that fears this is Dallas series to lose

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
They were equally, if not more impactful against Winnipeg.

You know why that dropped off? They ran into Dallas.

LA and VAN have nowhere near the defensive personnel or team defense structure Dallas has.

Anyone who's watched the games can see this.

Are you honestly suggesting with a straight face that Dallas was more defensively structured than Winnipeg as a team? That was Winnipeg's ENTIRE team identity throughout the year...structure...team defense.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Are you honestly suggesting with a straight face that Dallas was more defensively structured than Winnipeg as a team? That was Winnipeg's ENTIRE team identity throughout the year...structure...team defense.

Yep.

And then the playoffs started, and all of that went out the window - along with Winnipeg's hopes of contending this year. Brutal showing against the Avs.

Dallas definitely provided more of a test defensively than the Jets did.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I've got Dallas in 5. Oilers are a very good team this isn't meant as any disrepect , but I think Dallas is the best team in the playoffs, and playing better than anyone right now.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Neither Mackinnon nor Rantanen have been anywhere near as impactful as McDavid and Drai have been this playoffs. A better version of the Oilers in the Av's? lol. Delusional.
Same thing was said when coilers got swept enjoy ur 8 wins crying won't work in the conf finals

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Yep.

And then the playoffs started, and all of that went out the window - along with Winnipeg's hopes of contending this year. Brutal showing against the Avs.

Dallas definitely provided more of a test defensively than the Jets did.

Or - just maybe Mackinnon and rantanen disappeared in round 2....and it didn't have much to do with Dallas.

Same thing was said when coilers got swept enjoy ur 8 wins crying won't work in the conf finals

This series is going to be fun...

• Haha
Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Bjornar Moxnes

From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
IMHO I think it's either Stars in 6 or Oilers in 7.

Depth matters a ton, but one can't underestimate star power. Flames in 2019 and 2022 bottom 6 and bottom 4 outplayed both the Avs and Oilers depth players respectively, but their top 6 and top pairing were completely exposed (Especially their top line playing horribly) while MacKinnon and McDavid/Draisaitl went supernova.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas beat the teams that typically bully the Oilers I don't see how it will play out any differently when they play against them...

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Or - just maybe Mackinnon and rantanen disappeared in round 2....and it didn't have much to do with Dallas.

Nah, I think I'm closer than you are on what really happened there, and it wasn't a matter of Mack and Rantanen just "disappearing".

They were very visible the entire series. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad