Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Analytically the Oilers have been at or near the top of the league in most categories all season (even when they were in 31st), but yea as mentioned they've had problems finishing and getting saves.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Analytically the Oilers have been at or near the top of the league in most categories all season (even when they were in 31st), but yea as mentioned they've had problems finishing and getting saves.
Skinner reminds me of when he had Conklin and Markanen in net and struggled to get saves - as soon as we got a legitimate NHL'er in net (Roloson), we went on a run to the final. I'm hoping that Skinner isn't the reason that we can't go on a run now. I think he's still young enough to grow to be a very good #1, I'm just not sure if a pressure cooker playoff environment is great for him. People forget sometimes that he is only in his second full NHL season.

How about you look at who the top scorers were after the 1st round and what happened to that group as well
Yeah, they played pretty awful. Dallas made short work of them, for sure. Edmonton could face the same challenges - the criticism of both teams coming into the playoffs was questionable goaltending and depth scoring. I think the Oilers match up better with Dallas than Colorado did, but Dallas is absolutely a strong team and if Edmonton is going to win, they have to be better than they were against Vancouver.

Reactions: Duder54

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
This’ll be the best goalie and defense the Oilers have faced so far. It’s also the deepest team the Oilers have faced so far. It’ll be a tough test and McDrai should concern anyone, but Dallas has shown no reason to be anything less than confident.

Reactions: LT

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
It won't be long before Skinner is shell shocked again and Pickard has to come in and save the series.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
This’ll be the best goalie and defense the Oilers have faced so far. It’s also the deepest team the Oilers have faced so far. It’ll be a tough test and McDrai should concern anyone, but Dallas has shown no reason to be anything less than confident.
I think it's gonna be a pretty f***en good series. Good luck, Texas south brother.

It won't be long before Skinner is shell shocked again and Pickard has to come in and save the series.
Just like when Skinner came back and gave up 3 goals in 2 games against the Canucks. 😍

Knights fans are so angry about Dallas and Edmonton in the conference finals, and I'm here for it.
lol Are they?

Reactions: MBTendy and Zrhutch

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
It’s a bit early to be drinking. No idea why you are comparing last year and this year. Dallas is a different team. Otherwise Vegas would have won like they did last year.

Also you are the first and only person to call Oettinger mentally fragile. Everyone else says the exact opposite about him.
Oettinger is mentally fragile.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
If we lose I will be disappointed but say that our stanley cup was shutting up the nucks' dirt ass fanbase.

Really comes down to if Skinner can actually win us a game or two and play his best games of his career. And how will our bottom 6 respond, because they have been awful, from a production standpoint, so far. Dallas will shut down McDrai at times, so if nobody responds, then it's going to be a quick series.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So you are saying LA and Vancouver have a better offense than Dallas? Strange. You also saying they have a better defense? Strange. Dallas just beat a better version of the oilers in Colorado. They have mackinnon and rantanen just like McDri. Nichuskin scored just like Hyman. The difference is Edmonton has no defenders like makar and toews. Both have subpar goalies. Although I would take georgiev over skinner.

This has to be a completely biased post. You’re in for a surprise. Dallas is far superior to LA and Vancouver. If Colorado or Vegas was in the Pacific bracket they would be playing in the conference finals.
Yes, your post does appear to be a completely biased post. McKinnon is great, but McKinnon and Rantanen are not McDavid and Draisaitl. Nuke scored like Hyman until he couldn't play anymore - you seem to be forgetting that little fact, that Nuke was suspended for the last two Dallas wins. We still have Hyman.

I would also suggest that Bouchard has been the best defenseman in the playoffs this season so far, including Makar. If you want to say that Makar-Toews are a better pair than Bouchard-Ekholm, I won't argue a ton, but I wouldn't say the gap has been much over the last month, if it is there at all.

If's and but's don't mean anything. I don't think Colorado would have won last series - they were out of gas, and that's not only due to Dallas' play. I also think Edmonton would have beaten Vegas.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I think it's gonna be a pretty f***en good series. Good luck, Texas south brother.

Just like when Skinner came back and gave up 3 goals in 2 games against the Canucks. 😍

lol Are they?
That’s 100% more indicative of how the team in front of him played, not because of his play specifically. They’ll need to keep that effort at the same level this series.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Skinner reminds me of when he had Conklin and Markanen in net and struggled to get saves - as soon as we got a legitimate NHL'er in net (Roloson), we went on a run to the final. I'm hoping that Skinner isn't the reason that we can't go on a run now. I think he's still young enough to grow to be a very good #1, I'm just not sure if a pressure cooker playoff environment is great for him. People forget sometimes that he is only in his second full NHL season.
A Roloson would certainly help, but if you wanna reference that 2006 team I think ya'll need a Chris Pronger type a lot more. Not necessarily a HOFer that puts the fear of god into opponents, but at least a true #1 that bumps everyone down a spot on the depth chart.

Reactions: Norwegianoiler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad